The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Michigan HomeBrew Forum > Natl Homebrew Day Cap N Cork, who's brewing?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-03-2012, 03:29 PM   #11
mors
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 73 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 92

heh no probs... Suggestions would be to make a check list of items you will need... and check it. I can't tell you how many times I have forgot stuff. Sure there are other people there you can borrow stuff from...but it's a bit of a pain. I would also suggest not pitching your yeast on location. I have found it best to wait until I get home, check the temp of the wort. If it's too cold I pop it in the cooler...then pitch my yeast at a proper temp. If you pitch it on location the temps can go crazy depending how long you hang out there/how long you have to drive home...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-07-2012, 01:58 PM   #12
BigB
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 41 Times on 36 Posts
Likes Given: 41

Another great brew day at CnC! Although I'm a bit sunburned and look like a raccoon thanks to my sunglasses!

Quote:
Originally Posted by TxBrew
It's now degenerating into nu uh and uh huhs and it no longer serves a point.

Old 05-07-2012, 03:10 PM   #13
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2707 Times on 1626 Posts
Likes Given: 3483

Quote:
Originally Posted by BigB View Post
Another great brew day at CnC! Although I'm a bit sunburned and look like a raccoon thanks to my sunglasses!
Yeah me too. I totally didn't realize it there. It wasn't til I got home and saw my face and neck.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 05-07-2012, 03:21 PM   #14
mors
Feedback Score: 3 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 73 Times on 69 Posts
Likes Given: 92

yeah I was glad I brought the canopy. Avoided the burn I usually get lol.

Old 05-07-2012, 04:48 PM   #15
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 1897 Times on 1368 Posts
Likes Given: 1043

You guys had it good. It was at least drizzly most of the day in Grand Rapids. Still had a good time but having the sun out and no rain would have made it easier to get a little distance between myself and the band that was playing inside the pavilion...

Old 05-08-2012, 12:01 PM   #16
Naggs
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Unfortunately, due to my Honeydew list, I didn't make it up until things were winding down, but I'm definitely shooting for the Teach a Friend to Brew Day. Also, I got to try Revvy's Vienna Lager! Definitely looked like it was a great day.

Old 05-08-2012, 12:45 PM   #17
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc

Recipes 

Liked 2707 Times on 1626 Posts
Likes Given: 3483

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naggs View Post
Unfortunately, due to my Honeydew list, I didn't make it up until things were winding down, but I'm definitely shooting for the Teach a Friend to Brew Day. Also, I got to try Revvy's Vienna Lager! Definitely looked like it was a great day.
I got something major planned for teach a friend day.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Quick Reply