Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Michigan HomeBrew Forum > Michigan brewpub road trip!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-29-2009, 06:23 AM   #21
comstockfire
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I'm kinda late posting but Olde Peninsula brewpub has pretty good beer.
The food is very good and if you go during the day, you can watch them brew
while you eat/drink.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-06-2010, 02:12 PM   #22
slowbie
Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 1

I don't know if you've gone yet, but in case you haven't and for anyone else who comes across this thread in the future, New Holland has a stein night on Wednesday nights where you can bring any sized stein and get it filled by one of their mainstays or seasonals (right now I believe this is their kölsch, amber ale, oatmeal stout, IPA and american brown ale) for five dollars, so if you have a stein, it's a great deal. If you come early enough to have dinner, you can usually ask your waiter or waitress and they will let you sample everything before you choose which one you want.

If you have a bigger stein (mine is two liters) I would suggest coming for dinner or going to the cash bar in the back room because they will always fill it for $5 while the front bar will sometimes charge you $7 or underfill anything too much more than one liter. Also, it's popular with nearby Hope College (my alma mater), but it doesn't really start to fill up with the college crowd until 9:30 or later.

Old 01-07-2010, 02:51 PM   #23
BadBreakfast
Recipes 

I may be from CA but i spend summers in MI. Shorts brewery in Bellare is by far the best beer ive ever had. Right brain is amazing too. someone said something about "Huma Lupa IPA" and i second that. its amazing. so is "the Magician" and at right brain try "ethel the frog" have fun! wish i was there.

Old 01-07-2010, 03:01 PM   #24
thesanch
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Ethel The Frog was my favorite beer that I had at Right Brain. I tried to get Niedermaier to cough up some of the recipe but he was unwilling.

Quick Reply