Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Michigan HomeBrew Forum > Michigan Brewing Co. - Lansing Journal Article

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-20-2012, 01:24 AM   #1
neovox
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Michigan Brewing Co. - Lansing Journal Article

I'm sure there are several folks here that are more familiar with this story than I am, but I figured I'd pass on this article anyway. Looks like the MBC auction is being held tomorrow.

http://www.lansingstatejournal.com/a...left-questions

BrewStreams - Homebrewing and Craft Beer News Aggregator

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-20-2012, 01:21 PM   #2
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2136 Times on 1529 Posts
Likes Given: 1172

The brewer at the local brewery is attending to get some kegs and stuff. I looked at the auction listing yesterday and saw a few things that I'd be interested in if I had a chance to get there, but I don't. Plus, I assume there will be many brewers looking to grab most of that stuff, so I expect the bidding to get heavy.

They got some big tanks there! Good deal for a smaller company looking to expand.

Old 06-20-2012, 02:03 PM   #3
Naggs
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 28

Excellent reporting on a tough story. Without knowing any of the people involved myself, it sounds like this was a case of loose business practices that finally came home to roost.

Old 06-21-2012, 12:27 AM   #4
neovox
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
I assume there will be many brewers looking to grab most of that stuff, so I expect the bidding to get heavy.
For sure. Definitely no shortage of breweries in MI that would love to have that equipment.

Quote:
it sounds like this was a case of loose business practices that finally came home to roost.
I thought the same thing. Unfortunately, it also looks like there were several waning sings for the unfortunate investors.

BrewStreams - Homebrewing and Craft Beer News Aggregator

Quick Reply