Michigan Brewers Guild Winter Beer Festival 2015

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Homercidal

Licensed Sensual Massage Therapist.
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
At Fifth Third Ballpark in Comstock Park (Grand Rapids) on Friday Feb 27th, and Saturday Feb 28th!

I know a few people going. I, and a friend, and a few homebrew club members are taking a bus from Big Rapids.

I hear it's a good time. I haven't been since the first year they had it at the ballpark, and beer festivals were very new to me.

It sells out pretty quick, but I think The Blue Cow restaurant in Big Rapids still has a few tickets, but I think you have to take the bus with the group to use them. I imagine that's to keep scalping to a minimum.

Anyway, I'll be there and I'll try to remember to wear a HomebrewTalk sticker.

You don't want to be fashionable? Ok.

I'll be wearing a black coat and maybe Red Wings stocking hat, and probably Red Wings gloves. Kind of depends on the temperature.

I would like to go, but work got in the way. :( I went to fall one at Eastern market in Detroit and it was great!

My daughter is coming home from college this weekend. Not missing this beer festival for that even! I'm still thinking about the hockey game at Ferris on Friday night. It's my last chance to see a game this season, but between the beer festival and hangover, I'm not sure how much I'll get to see Kim if I go.

I would like to go, but work got in the way. :( I went to fall one at Eastern market in Detroit and it was great!
I like the Eastern Market festival because of it's proximity mostly. The breweries really bring their A game for the winter fest though.

My daughter is coming home from college this weekend. Not missing this beer festival for that even! I'm still thinking about the hockey game at Ferris on Friday night. It's my last chance to see a game this season, but between the beer festival and hangover, I'm not sure how much I'll get to see Kim if I go.
Sounds like next year you need to get her a ticket as well ;-)

I'll be wearing a giant white leather coat. I hate the thing but it's stuffed with down and ridiculously warm. Good for standing around in the cold but not much else....

I like the Eastern Market festival because of it's proximity mostly. The breweries really bring their A game for the winter fest though.

Sounds like next year you need to get her a ticket as well ;-)

I'll be wearing a giant white leather coat. I hate the thing but it's stuffed with down and ridiculously warm. Good for standing around in the cold but not much else....

Yes! But she doesn't like beer. She's barely drank anything with alcohol. She did inform us that she went to a party with some friends from school the other night and had a couple of shots of something. This is huge, actually, because she is really introverted, so I'm happy she is actually being social. And she seemed pretty responsible.

And her younger sister should be getting a driver's license next year, so she can drive us to festivals too! (And sit in the car and read a book while we drink I guess...)

Back