Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Michigan HomeBrew Forum > MBG Summer Beer Festival in Ypsilanti this weekend

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-30-2013, 03:35 AM   #11
FearsomePenguin
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by signpost View Post

My favorites are probably that Flanders Red from Griffin Claw, the Sour Pils from White Flame and then Brewery Vivant's Trebuchet (Belgian DIPA). That brewery knows how to do a seriously delicious belgian IPA and DIPA. I still have yet to taste something in that style that I like from any other brewery.
I, too, loved the sour pils. Really tart and wonderful. I'm glad Round barn brought back their Grape Expectations, because that was a favorite of mine inyears past and I never make it out there. Pike 51 impressed me with their selection, including their English Mild. Nothing too crazy, just some damn good beer. It was the first time I tried them and I was impressed. Also, being in their backyard, I'm glad I had an opportunity to try Unity Vibration's Bourbon Peach Wild Ale. It keeps disappearing from the shelves when I'm in the mood to buy it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-30-2013, 11:40 AM   #12
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2035 Times on 1462 Posts
Likes Given: 1115

Freep.com has a photo gallery. Maybe someone from here can find themselves??

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply