Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Michigan HomeBrew Forum > Detroit Metro anyone?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-20-2008, 07:05 PM   #61
dannypo
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 35 Times on 27 Posts

Brew n Grow closed last month. They sold all thier surplus merchandise to The Wine Castle at 7 mile and Farmington Rd.

The Wine Barrel is a good beer store but thier homebrew supply section is seriously lacking. There a very small selection of grains and nobody there has any knowlege on brewing.

Adventures in Homebrewing is by far my favorite LHBS. They have a huge selection of ingredients and a very knowlegable staff. The beer glasses at the front are a bit dusty but this has no bearing on the quality of the store.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-25-2008, 05:42 PM   #62
rbridges01
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mustangj
I have to agree with everything you say.

In the area you have.
1. Sherwood- over priced and the beer sucks
2. Dragonmead- I like it but i know not everyone is a fan
3. Rodchester, Royel Oak and Detroit brewery (same Owners)- All three palces have the same beer pretty much. The beer is good.
4. Motor City works brewery- I thought the beer was really good ( I just went For the first time last week) and they have a good night life.
5. Woodward brewers- The beer is ok. I have found better beer at the local beer store.
6. Copper canyon- Sucks and hard to find.
7. Kuhnhenn Brewing- Good when they have it. I was there not to long ago and they did'nt have **** maybe three beer on tap.

I think sence I started brewing my own beer I've been spoiled with such good beer that it had to judge brew pubs.

I think if the baraboo is good but if you don't mind driving a little go to Rodchester.
They have a couple pool table and they still might have a smoking room for cigars.

Kuhnhenn's by far is the best. I find it doubtful that they only had three beers on tap. Check out the lated addtion of beer advocate and see who has two of the top 25 beers in the country, and 1 of the top 25 in the world.

Old 01-25-2008, 11:24 PM   #63
Mustangj

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Quote:
Originally Posted by rbridges01
Kuhnhenn's by far is the best. I find it doubtful that they only had three beers on tap. Check out the lated addtion of beer advocate and see who has two of the top 25 beers in the country, and 1 of the top 25 in the world.

Kuhnhenn was the best in the area and I never had a problem. The last couple time I went there the staff had changed and the service sucked and yes they were out of just about every beer they had on the menu.

The last time I was in there ( the final straw) I asked for three different beers before I found on they had and it was good. The waitress comes over to me and asked if I wanted another I reply "yes" 20 min later she tells me "im not suppose to be hear it's my day off" in a real bitchy tone.

That's fine that they rated the best but when your wait staff is bitchy and tell you they don't have it that's speaks loader then what the beer advocate has to say.

Michigan Mashers
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/groups/michigan-mashers/

Old 01-31-2008, 01:07 AM   #64
amishland

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

just saw this on craigslist

"Home Brewing Center just opened up in Livonia. It is located inside of Wine Castle which is on the corner of Farmington & 7 Mile Road. We sell a full line of Brewing yeast, extensive selection of grains and malts. Complete Start up kits, Pellets & Fresh Hops. Full selection of brewing accessories.

Any questions call (248)477-5533 or email: thebeerguymike@yahoo.co"

my personal website www.kruskis.com

Old 01-31-2008, 05:20 AM   #65
Mustangj

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Sweet. Thanks for the info.

Michigan Mashers
http://www.homebrewtalk.com/groups/michigan-mashers/