Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Michigan HomeBrew Forum > Detroit Area Get Together This Friday! 7pm!

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-23-2008, 04:48 PM   #1
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2728 Times on 1636 Posts
Likes Given: 3485

Default Detroit Area Get Together This Friday!

We've planned this out over on the Michigan Masher's board, but Yooper suggested I post this here as well....In case there's actually one or two michibrewers who AREN'T members of the mashers (why I dunno, we're the largest block of brewers on here!)

This Friday Both Yooper and Firebrewer will be in town. So we are getting together at Dragonmead MicroBrewery

14600 E 11 Mile Rd
Warren, MI 48089
(586) 776-9428

The deal is that Yoop's ETA in the Detroit Area is about 6pm, she's booked a room at a Hotel up on Vandyke. She's going to get her teenager's settled in and get them Pizza, and either myself of FireBrewer, or both of us will head up an get her. She's gonna be starving, so we figured we'd take advantage of the delivery menus at the Mead and order pizza or something.

If any of you guys decide to get there earlier than that, I might show up before, like at 6ish...I have the Michigan Masher's Homebrew Talk sign that I would put up. We should get a couple of the big tables in the back, and hold them.

All are welcome!

If you're not familiar with Dragonmead, check out their site, and huuuge beer menu. Dragonmead Microbrewery

EDIT The time looks to be earlier than 7 now...more like 5:30-6ish.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Last edited by Revvy; 12-25-2008 at 02:47 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-23-2008, 04:54 PM   #2
flyangler18
Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Have fun! I'll make it out there one of these days.

And watch that Firebrewer, he's a shifty devil.

Last edited by flyangler18; 12-23-2008 at 04:59 PM.

Old 12-23-2008, 04:57 PM   #3
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4367 Times on 3175 Posts
Likes Given: 850

I can't wait! I have my fingers crossed that these winter storms pass by Friday!

(I'm in the Keweenaw peninsula today- it's snowing like crazy and shows no signs of stopping!)

Old 12-23-2008, 05:01 PM   #4
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YooperBrew View Post
I can't wait! I have my fingers crossed that these winter storms pass by Friday!

(I'm in the Keweenaw peninsula today- it's snowing like crazy and shows no signs of stopping!)
I've got sideways snow down here..Trouble is Firebrewer was going to leave this morning, and they were getting hit pretty bad.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 12-23-2008, 05:02 PM   #5
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyangler18 View Post
Have fun! I'll make it out there one of these days.
Yep, you better...or I better decide to do some travelling sometimes.

Old 12-23-2008, 05:04 PM   #6
flyangler18
Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Yep, you better...or I better decide to do some travelling sometimes.

Come on over, mate! Between me and Firebrewer, we'll keep you in good food and spirits.

Old 12-23-2008, 06:01 PM   #7
wildwest450
Recipes 

Liked 164 Times on 149 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I'm jealous. My bro-in-law brought me 2 growlers of beer from Dragonmead, he lives 2 miles from them. Very good beer.

Old 12-23-2008, 06:06 PM   #8
Revvy

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by wildwest450 View Post
I'm jealous. My bro-in-law brought me 2 growlers of beer from Dragonmead, he lives 2 miles from them. Very good beer.
They bottle and sell fourpacks of their beers...It's available at various beerstores in Michigan...he should send you some...

Or better yet..DOn't you think you SHOULD be coming up to visit your sister and BIL this Friday????????

Old 12-23-2008, 06:12 PM   #9
wildwest450
Recipes 

Liked 164 Times on 149 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
They bottle and sell fourpacks of their beers...It's available at various beerstores in Michigan...he should send you some...

Or better yet..DOn't you think you SHOULD be coming up to visit your sister and BIL this Friday????????

God I wish. 9 hours is a tad far to drive for a beer. Not my sis so I don't count them as family.

Old 12-23-2008, 07:57 PM   #10
html034

Recipes 

Hey, this sounds like a good idea, I just might show up.

But I think everyone needs to make a nametag with their avatar and username so that we can recognize one another.

"I have striven not to laugh at human actions, not to weep at them, nor to hate them, but to understand them."
Baruch Spinoza

Quick Reply