Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Michigan HomeBrew Forum > Anybody from west michigan wanna brew?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2013, 03:24 PM   #11
reverendj1
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 86 Times on 70 Posts
Likes Given: 113

Hey, I'm in Jenison too! Right by 28th and Rosewood. I usually brew every Saturday afternoon though. SWMBO works Saturdays and has Sundays off, so I try and keep them free. My co-brewer has school on Monday nights. Also, I don't have a burner, so if you wanted to do something, we'd have to do it at my house. I don't think I'd be able to bring my stove over for a brew session. PM me if you think we could work something out.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-06-2013, 03:30 PM   #12
reverendj1
Recipes 

Also, are you guys going to this, http://sicilianosmkt.blogspot.com/20...ew-update.html? I read on their Facebook page, I think they secured the Calder Plaza and are just trying to figure out the logistics of making it work.

Old 02-06-2013, 03:40 PM   #13
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2148 Times on 1537 Posts
Likes Given: 1180

FYI there is a large section on here about kegging. Lots of builds and different methods. It's basically the same. Buy kegs, regulator, CO2 tank, some hoses, couple of disconnects, some shanks and faucets. Add a tower if you are placing the faucets on top of fridge. Connect it all up and place in cooling device of your choice.

I used a small upright fridge and drilled holes for the faucets in the door. Some people prefer a chest freezer and add a collar to go between the bottom part and the lid. This raises the lid above the top of the kegs and give a good place to mount the faucets (drill shanks through collar). For mini fridges most people drill a hole (carefully) in the top and mount a faucet or two on the tower and run the liquid lines up through the tower.

A friend has a keg and he just puts it in the fridge with a picnic tap (He's single...)

Old 02-06-2013, 03:42 PM   #14
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2148 Times on 1537 Posts
Likes Given: 1180

Quote:
Originally Posted by reverendj1 View Post
Also, are you guys going to this, http://sicilianosmkt.blogspot.com/20...ew-update.html? I read on their Facebook page, I think they secured the Calder Plaza and are just trying to figure out the logistics of making it work.
I'm thinking about it, but I have to see what my schedule is. With the Homebrew party they put on in May and the judging that goes with it, I might be too busy to be able to fit it in.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:01 PM   #15
founder26
Recipes 

Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Hey, I'm in Jenison too! Right by 28th and Rosewood. I usually brew every Saturday afternoon though. SWMBO works Saturdays and has Sundays off, so I try and keep them free. My co-brewer has school on Monday nights. Also, I don't have a burner, so if you wanted to do something, we'd have to do it at my house. I don't think I'd be able to bring my stove over for a brew session. PM me if you think we could work something out.
haha lots of jenisonites around here huh! I could do saturdays as well, and I could bring my turkey fryer over. I have a beer tasting this saturday but im free the following saturday. btw if any of you guys from jenison, or GR, want to attend a small tasting it will be at my house this saturday, so far only 5 people will be here, so I would like to get a few more, so far we are mainly doing barrel aged stouts but we can do other styles as well.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:20 PM   #16
reverendj1
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by founder26 View Post
haha lots of jenisonites around here huh! I could do saturdays as well, and I could bring my turkey fryer over. I have a beer tasting this saturday but im free the following saturday. btw if any of you guys from jenison, or GR, want to attend a small tasting it will be at my house this saturday, so far only 5 people will be here, so I would like to get a few more, so far we are mainly doing barrel aged stouts but we can do other styles as well.
Looks like I can't brew next Saturday. I have to pick up my sister from the airport at 6PM, which would be right in the middle of my brewday, unless we could try and do it early. The next Saturday (2/23) would work though. I have nothing going on that day. It would be fun to do a tasting, but I'd only have a blonde ready to go for this Saturday. I'm still trying to get a good handle on my pipeline, which is why I'm starting to brew every weekend. One of these days I'll have a surplus/variety of homebrews at the ready.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:26 PM   #17
founder26
Recipes 

Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Looks like I can't brew next Saturday. I have to pick up my sister from the airport at 6PM, which would be right in the middle of my brewday, unless we could try and do it early. The next Saturday (2/23) would work though. I have nothing going on that day. It would be fun to do a tasting, but I'd only have a blonde ready to go for this Saturday. I'm still trying to get a good handle on my pipeline, which is why I'm starting to brew every weekend. One of these days I'll have a surplus/variety of homebrews at the ready.
I may be able to do the 23rd, although I will be going to stellas in the evening for a dark horse tap takeover so it would have to be a little earlier in the day. Btw the tasting is not homebrews so if you had anything cellared as far as brewery beers you could bring anything. We will be doing a blind test of lots of different barrel aged beers.

Old 02-06-2013, 04:58 PM   #18
mkringii
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 23 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by founder26 View Post

that would be awesome man, I would love to talk to someone locally who is into kegging as im thinking about switching to it but not sure what all is involved. lmk when and where you wanna meet up.
Yea i keg as well..lol i was talkin about converting some sankey kegs into my mash tun and boil kettle lol

But i do have a 6 tap keezer full! If u guys wanna come over chill kool by me im downtown off wealthy and eastern

Tap 1: Honey Brown
Tap 2: American Barleywine
Tap 3: BBA Vanilla Chocolate Milk Stout
Tap 4: Honey Cream Ale
Tap 5: Sour Honey Brown
Tap 6: Centennial Blonde

Nitro
Tap 7: Honey Cream Ale
Tap 8: Imperial Pumpkin Pie Stout

Bottled: English Barleywine

Kegged:

Fermenting: Chocolate Oatmeal Stout, KBS Clone

Old 02-12-2013, 06:41 PM   #19
reverendj1
Recipes 

So it sounds like founder26 will be brewing with me and my co-brewer Saturday afternoon (2/16/2013). If anyone else wants to stop by (either for brewing or talking beer while we brew) let me know.

Old 02-12-2013, 07:46 PM   #20
mkringii
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 23 Posts

Quote:
So it sounds like founder26 will be brewing with me and my co-brewer Saturday afternoon (2/16/2013). If anyone else wants to stop by (either for brewing or talking beer while we brew) let me know.
Where at?

Tap 1: Honey Brown
Tap 2: American Barleywine
Tap 3: BBA Vanilla Chocolate Milk Stout
Tap 4: Honey Cream Ale
Tap 5: Sour Honey Brown
Tap 6: Centennial Blonde

Nitro
Tap 7: Honey Cream Ale
Tap 8: Imperial Pumpkin Pie Stout

Bottled: English Barleywine

Kegged: