Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Michigan HomeBrew Forum > Any Interest In 2nd Annual Michigan Predators' Brewday?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-20-2010, 01:03 PM   #11
xiang
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by neovox View Post
Dang, I'd really like make it out there and put some faces with the names, but my weekend's are packed in Sept. What city are you in?
HenryHill is in Perry, just east of Lansing. If you can make it out, it is well worth it.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2010, 02:26 PM   #12
HenryHill
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Well, OK, yeah, the 18th then.

Bring some munchies or some kind of meat, or bowl of salad or smoke something and bring some of your beer to share. Doesn't matter if you brew or not, but check your gear list twice as I may not have what you need.

If anyone needs directions, tell me and tell me where you are coming from and I'll send a Google map.

I don't recall xiang's earlier signature, but since Bob is banned, I guess I can say that the whole "meh, the motor's loaded up from idling all afternoon, I need to open it up", without regard for the relatively forward weight distribution on the pontoon boat, may be directly related to the being blowed-out.

I noticed, I just kept quiet.

"Stop making me laugh or I'm gonna pee my pants!" Wait until this time.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
This is HBT of course. Normal Thread that goes every direction but the one intended. This forum should be scientific proof the beer causes ADD

Old 08-20-2010, 04:45 PM   #13
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2249 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 1235

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiang View Post
Blah, blah...... Your going and so is the wife. I have faith in you.

Oh, by the way, make those bacon wrapped shrimp again.
Whatever. If you really want me to come you need to come up with some compliments for the wife. I've already got notice that I've done too much playing, especially beer-related, this summer. She doesn't nag, but the subtle hints are becoming less subtle.

But I'll throw it out there and see what she says. I know she had a great time at Yoopers house, so who knows. But that roof vent is not getting installed. The trim in the living room is still sitting in the garage waiting to be cut. Various small repairs on the vehicles... the list goes on and on. Next week is free and clear and I'm already dreading having to do some actual "work" all weekend. Then again, maybe if I get a bunch of it done, I could convince her to go to brewday. If we can work around the kids' birthday trip that is.

And if I go, I'll be sure to bring the shrimp and pork loin. And not cook the loin quite so long. Pork Butt going onto the smoker tonight. I'll have enough time to load the smoker twice with chips before bed, and then I can pull it off just before we leave tomorrow and it should be about right. Between 12 and 15 hours in the smoker!

I also remember someone was going to get the recipe for that Porketta! And I got water chestnuts and bacon ready to try Z's recipe. I just don't know if I can reproduce that sauce!

Old 08-20-2010, 07:33 PM   #14
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4622 Times on 3356 Posts
Likes Given: 905

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
Whatever. If you really want me to come you need to come up with some compliments for the wife. I've already got notice that I've done too much playing, especially beer-related, this summer. She doesn't nag, but the subtle hints are becoming less subtle.

But I'll throw it out there and see what she says. I know she had a great time at Yoopers house, so who knows. But that roof vent is not getting installed. The trim in the living room is still sitting in the garage waiting to be cut. Various small repairs on the vehicles... the list goes on and on. Next week is free and clear and I'm already dreading having to do some actual "work" all weekend. Then again, maybe if I get a bunch of it done, I could convince her to go to brewday. If we can work around the kids' birthday trip that is.

And if I go, I'll be sure to bring the shrimp and pork loin. And not cook the loin quite so long. Pork Butt going onto the smoker tonight. I'll have enough time to load the smoker twice with chips before bed, and then I can pull it off just before we leave tomorrow and it should be about right. Between 12 and 15 hours in the smoker!

I also remember someone was going to get the recipe for that Porketta! And I got water chestnuts and bacon ready to try Z's recipe. I just don't know if I can reproduce that sauce!
There really isn't a recipe for porketta- it's just "porketta". I can't bring porketta, since we'll be on the road from the 13th. But I will make sure that I can get some to you another time.

What food we bring will have to be something that doesn't require refridgeration so it might not be anything too special!

Old 08-20-2010, 07:51 PM   #15
neovox

Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiang View Post
HenryHill is in Perry, just east of Lansing. If you can make it out, it is well worth it.
That's closer than I thought. For some reason I was thinking the far west side of the state. Ok, now I have to see what I can juggle around schedule-wise. I may be able to make it after all.

BrewStreams - Homebrewing and Craft Beer News Aggregator

Old 08-20-2010, 11:55 PM   #16
HotbreakHotel
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

I would like to come -- I'd be coming from the Rockford area. My husband might come with me too.

I'll be a newcomer to your party... I had a Predators brew day at my house in May and it was really fun!

I'll bring something good to eat...I'm not sure what yet...

Old 08-21-2010, 02:42 AM   #17
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Oh, good! I'm looking forward to meeting you this time.

HH- can Bob and I call "dibs" on the spare bedroom? He's been convinced that we're coming, and we'll be pulling in around 11 AM or so (probably earlier, since Bob can't sit still).

Old 08-21-2010, 12:42 PM   #18
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by HenryHill View Post
"Stop making me laugh or I'm gonna pee my pants!" Wait until this time.
Oh, I forgot all about that! I was laughing so hard that I was thinking I'd NEVER make it up that hill. You had me laughing so much I couldn't even walk! Of course, the beers didn't help.

Old 08-22-2010, 01:27 AM   #19
FSR402

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The 18th is the same day as my hog roast party for the Prime Time Brewers. But I think I would rather see you all. Have not seen you all summer.
So put me down, Think I may bring a tent and just stay there this year. We got home really late last year and the wives were not so impressed.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cad View Post
Its nice when you and your friends have comparable equipment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker-san View Post
some people will tap anything that has a hole.
Buy Two Fisted Brewing gear

Old 08-22-2010, 01:36 AM   #20
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSR402 View Post
The 18th is the same day as my hog roast party for the Prime Time Brewers. But I think I would rather see you all. Have not seen you all summer.
So put me down, Think I may bring a tent and just stay there this year. We got home really late last year and the wives were not so impressed.
Oh, Troy, it would be awesome to see you again! I'm glad you can make it. Bob will be happy to meet another one of my "imaginary friends".

Quick Reply