Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Michigan HomeBrew Forum > Any Interest In 2nd Annual Michigan Predators' Brewday?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-19-2010, 06:55 PM   #1
HenryHill
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 11 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Default Any Interest In 2nd Annual Michigan Predators' Brewday?

With the announcement of Yooper's Troll-Brewery Tour in mid September, I am asking about the interest level in having another Brewday at my place.

It would be on a Saturday or Sunday, although events of this nature, with traveling across the state required, would make a Saturday date more desirable. I have ample room for tenting or camping, but limited in-house accommodations for overnighters-and subject to early registration.

Thinking of a similar event to last year, and should weather be uncooperative, we can use my expansive indoor space in the Hobby Shop. You'll want to bring 50% distilled/RO water to brew down to light colors, but an IPA or darker is quite satisfactory with 100% of my well water.

I would expect from last year's overall experience that there may be high interest, but timing and coordination of logistics are going to be critical to allow attendance. Unsure at this point if 11, 18 or 25th, as I am awaiting a reply from Yooper as to her Arrival In Local Area, but if desired, this could be done on any of these dates; though earlier is preferential due to weather.

EDIT: For those that have not previously attended, I ask, for your sake, that you do not bring children, because it just wouldn't be right.

Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
This is HBT of course. Normal Thread that goes every direction but the one intended. This forum should be scientific proof the beer causes ADD

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-20-2010, 12:02 AM   #2
xiang
Recipes 

Count me in!!!!

Old 08-20-2010, 11:47 AM   #5
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2139 Times on 1531 Posts
Likes Given: 1178

I'd like to come, but I fear my summer of goofing off may be at a close by then. If I don't start getting ready for winter, I'll find out first hand how cold the garage is at night!

But you guys figure out a date and I'll see if I can make it. The only thing that I know for sure going on in Sept is a trip to Chicago to visit the museum and aquarium. Some weekend in the middle.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:19 PM   #6
xiang
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by YooperBrew View Post
Oh, and Xiang, it's a good thing Bob is banned, or I'd be really pissed about your signature!
And a new signature is born!!!

It's all in good fun. I'm sure Bob could appreciate that. But I can't believe you banned him. Poor Bob.

Last edited by xiang; 08-20-2010 at 12:33 PM.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:28 PM   #7
xiang
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
I'd like to come, but I fear my summer of goofing off may be at a close by then. If I don't start getting ready for winter, I'll find out first hand how cold the garage is at night!

But you guys figure out a date and I'll see if I can make it. The only thing that I know for sure going on in Sept is a trip to Chicago to visit the museum and aquarium. Some weekend in the middle.
Blah, blah...... Your going and so is the wife. I have faith in you.

Oh, by the way, make those bacon wrapped shrimp again.

Old 08-20-2010, 12:45 PM   #8
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4480 Times on 3260 Posts
Likes Given: 870

Quote:
Originally Posted by xiang View Post

Oh, by the way, make those bacon wrapped shrimp again.
Yeah!!!!! You're kind of famous for that now- it's your signature. Although, the pork loin was equally awesome.

Oh, and those things Z made were great too. And Bob's fish! Oh, and Leon's porketta.

Let's see- I don't cook, and I didn't brew. I ate your food, and had you brew beer for me. My kind of party!

Old 08-20-2010, 12:46 PM   #9
neovox
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 25 Times on 22 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Dang, I'd really like make it out there and put some faces with the names, but my weekend's are packed in Sept. What city are you in?

BrewStreams - Homebrewing and Craft Beer News Aggregator

Old 08-20-2010, 12:58 PM   #10
xiang
Recipes 

That's right, I almost forgot about the killer pork loin. Homer, make that too!!! Z's bacon wrapped bbq chestnuts, Leon's porketta and Bob's fish were the bomb. The food at the brew days have rivaled the beers for sure.

Last edited by xiang; 08-20-2010 at 01:03 PM.

Quick Reply