Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Michigan HomeBrew Forum > 7th Annual Siciliano's Market Homebrew Day(s)!!

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-13-2010, 02:53 PM   #11
FSR402
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FSR402's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Jenison, MI
Posts: 2,878
Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

I'm guessing that dinner is between 4 and 6?

__________________
TWO FISTED BREWING CO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cad View Post
Its nice when you and your friends have comparable equipment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker-san View Post
some people will tap anything that has a hole.
Buy Two Fisted Brewing gear
FSR402 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2010, 11:27 AM   #12
-TH-
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Zeeland, Michigan
Posts: 975
Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Are the results of the homebrew competition posted anywhere yet?

Just wondering.

__________________
TH

Builds, etc: E-Brewery | Pneumatic Bottle Capper | Fermentation Chamber | Stirplate | Bottle Cabinet
Water Spreadsheet: www.EZWaterCalculator.com
-TH- is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2010, 01:07 PM   #13
FSR402
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FSR402's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Jenison, MI
Posts: 2,878
Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by -TH- View Post
Are the results of the homebrew competition posted anywhere yet?

Just wondering.
I don't think they post them anywhere. You just need to go to the store and get your score sheets and medal (if you got one)
__________________
TWO FISTED BREWING CO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cad View Post
Its nice when you and your friends have comparable equipment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker-san View Post
some people will tap anything that has a hole.
Buy Two Fisted Brewing gear
FSR402 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2010, 02:19 PM   #14
-TH-
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Zeeland, Michigan
Posts: 975
Liked 59 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSR402 View Post
I don't think they post them anywhere. You just need to go to the store and get your score sheets and medal (if you got one)
Cool. Thanks.
__________________
TH

Builds, etc: E-Brewery | Pneumatic Bottle Capper | Fermentation Chamber | Stirplate | Bottle Cabinet
Water Spreadsheet: www.EZWaterCalculator.com
-TH- is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2010, 05:28 PM   #15
Homercidal
Moderator
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Homercidal's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Reed City, MI
Posts: 23,228
Liked 2019 Times on 1451 Posts
Likes Given: 1106

Default

Great time! Unfortunately (or fortunately) I had to drive myself, so I had to pace myself and ensure a safe and legal drive home. Even so, I got to taste a BUNCH of great beer and some other stuff.

Someone actually made "Red Hot" cider. Cider with Red Hot candy added. It was surprisingly tasty.

I missed some of the pro brewers who usually make it to this event. Maybe the competitions is getting to hot for them??

Also, not only did the best of show get to have their beer brewed at Hopcat, but Boston Beer Company donated a bottle of Utopias for the winner. The Rep from the company was a very cool guy who had just made his first batch of beer. Everyone in the company is required to brew at least one batch. His first batch was an "olive" beer. He said he used a whole pound of olives. Anyone care to volunteer to taste it?

__________________
Livin' after midnight. Rockin' til the dawn. Lovin' til the morning. Then I'm gone. I'm gone.
Homercidal is online now
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-17-2010, 08:17 PM   #16
FSR402
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FSR402's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Jenison, MI
Posts: 2,878
Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
Great time! Unfortunately (or fortunately) I had to drive myself, so I had to pace myself and ensure a safe and legal drive home. Even so, I got to taste a BUNCH of great beer and some other stuff.

Someone actually made "Red Hot" cider. Cider with Red Hot candy added. It was surprisingly tasty.

I missed some of the pro brewers who usually make it to this event. Maybe the competitions is getting to hot for them??

Also, not only did the best of show get to have their beer brewed at Hopcat, but Boston Beer Company donated a bottle of Utopias for the winner. The Rep from the company was a very cool guy who had just made his first batch of beer. Everyone in the company is required to brew at least one batch. His first batch was an "olive" beer. He said he used a whole pound of olives. Anyone care to volunteer to taste it?
The Red Hot Cider was Mark.

I should not have drove home. The end of that night is a bit, foggy.
__________________
TWO FISTED BREWING CO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cad View Post
Its nice when you and your friends have comparable equipment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker-san View Post
some people will tap anything that has a hole.
Buy Two Fisted Brewing gear
FSR402 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2010, 02:04 PM   #17
Homercidal
Moderator
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Homercidal's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2008
Location: Reed City, MI
Posts: 23,228
Liked 2019 Times on 1451 Posts
Likes Given: 1106

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by FSR402 View Post
The Red Hot Cider was Mark.

I should not have drove home. The end of that night is a bit, foggy.
I told you!

Lucky for me my daughter texted and said she was not feeling well, so I used that as an excuse to excuse myself a bit early. I'm sure if I had a driver, I would have partaked of plenty more and felt terrible the next day.
__________________
Livin' after midnight. Rockin' til the dawn. Lovin' til the morning. Then I'm gone. I'm gone.
Homercidal is online now
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-18-2010, 07:07 PM   #18
FSR402
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
FSR402's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: May 2007
Location: Jenison, MI
Posts: 2,878
Liked 16 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
I told you!

Lucky for me my daughter texted and said she was not feeling well, so I used that as an excuse to excuse myself a bit early. I'm sure if I had a driver, I would have partaked of plenty more and felt terrible the next day.
I felt like hell but I still got up and did a 10 hour brew day,
__________________
TWO FISTED BREWING CO.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr_cad View Post
Its nice when you and your friends have comparable equipment.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Walker-san View Post
some people will tap anything that has a hole.
Buy Two Fisted Brewing gear
FSR402 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
5th annual Peterson AFB Homebrew Competition Colorado Springs Milhouse Colorado HomeBrew Forum 1 02-07-2010 02:15 AM
26th Annual Dixie Cup Homebrew Competition in Houston Oct 16/17 09 gswest Texas HomeBrew Forum 3 08-24-2009 08:25 PM
Homebrew Day Siciliano's Market Grand Rapids Homercidal Michigan HomeBrew Forum 2 05-07-2009 03:43 PM
7th Annual Fall Classic Homebrew Competition david_42 Oregon HomeBrew Forum 0 10-02-2007 04:37 PM
25th Annual Homebrew Fest 19 May david_42 Oregon HomeBrew Forum 1 05-19-2007 01:19 AM