Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Michigan HomeBrew Forum > 3rd Annual Michigan Brewers Guild Winter Beer

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-25-2008, 01:00 AM   #11
cuinrearview
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 5 Posts

Unfortunately being a leader in your craft always means you must be involved in polotics. In a communist state he wouldn't be brewing beer. It's too bad really, because if the guy could just chill out the entire nation would be drinking Oberon in a few years. Everything that they put out is top notch, but the owner has a chip on his shoulder. He acts like he wants to represent the common brewer and just do his thing, but after speaking with him a few times and trying to talk beer I realize that he is just too good for us, just trying to improve brand name and exclusitivity (if that's a word). I'm sorry to start out on the site this way, I'm just struggling with the realization that after drinking Bell's beer for most of my adult life and recommending it pretty exclusively to others that I was wrong. There are so many alternatives out there. Hopefully in a few weeks I'll be able to relax and have a homebrew

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-25-2008, 12:28 PM   #12
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 2249 Times on 1606 Posts
Likes Given: 1235

Welcome to the boards! I have not had the pleasure of meeting a real brewer yet, but I do enjoy some of Bells beers quite a bit. Unfortunately, I am not a fan of Oberon, and that is one of Bells biggest distributed beers. I had thought Bells would be there, but I was not disappointed to not see them. There were too many other breweries in attendance for me to miss just one of them.

One thing I do like about Bells, is that you can get HB supplies there. The KZoo place is where I got my previous ingredients. Not sure whether they have all kinds of Hops or not. The shortage is putting a hurt on most home brewers. Hopefully we will see some good growing weather and a start toward a return to necessary inventory. I don't see the price going down any time soon, but hopefully the hops will be available again in a year or two.

I'm planning on growing my own at any rate. Maybe even enough to completely supply my HB hobby. I have no idea how many plants it will take to make a batch of beer though...

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply