*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Michigan HomeBrew Forum > 2009 Craft Beer Canoe Trip

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-07-2009, 01:30 AM   #1
Decojuicer
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default 2009 Craft Beer Canoe Trip

I am putting together a canoe trip for a beer group that I am in. I posted this on another board, and thought that it would be fun to post it here too.

July 24-26 at the Lakewoods Campground in Mio, MI. We'll be canoeing on Saturday on the AuSable River from Mio Dam to McKinley Bridge. The map says that it is about a 4 1/2 hour trip, but that's if you are just steering and not really paddling. The campground is all primitive sites(no electric or water) and they have pit toilets and a water pump.

The cost is about $40 for canoe rental and $15 per night for the campsite. Please bring enough beer for yourself and some to trade and share. Food is also your responsibility, but we will be having a pot luck dinner on Saturday night, so bring a dish to pass. I'll be taking my smoker up and I'll probably cook up a pork shoulder and a beef brisket.

This is an adults only weekend, but older teenage kids are welcome. However, if you bring them, they may learn a thing or 2 that you didn't want them to, so consider that a warning.

This can be a fun weekend to meet other beer lovers and trade regional beers and home brew.

I realize that it's a long way off, but I wanted to give people enough warning to add it to their calendar if they are interested. I hope to meet some of you there.

There's a dragon in my garage - Carl Sagan

Primary - Schwartzhund Lager, 7 Point IPA
Secondary - Schwartzhund Lager
On Tap - Lawnmower Wheat Beer, Oatmeal Sweet Stout
Bottled - Pumpkin Ale
On Deck - Pretty Magnificent Stout

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2009, 01:42 AM   #2
stevea1210
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

that sounds like a great time. If I was a few states closer, I'd jump in. I hope you have a great turn out.

You'll have to speak up, I'm wearing a towel. - Homer Jay Simpson

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-07-2009, 01:46 AM   #3
Decojuicer
Recipes 

Two words: Car Pool

There's a dragon in my garage - Carl Sagan

Primary - Schwartzhund Lager, 7 Point IPA
Secondary - Schwartzhund Lager
On Tap - Lawnmower Wheat Beer, Oatmeal Sweet Stout
Bottled - Pumpkin Ale