Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Michigan HomeBrew Forum > 2008 Michigan Brewers Guild’s Summer Beer Festival

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-29-2008, 12:20 AM   #21
capcrnch
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Did anyone get any pictures from the festival?

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-05-2008, 03:51 PM   #22
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 1940 Times on 1403 Posts
Likes Given: 1061

Quote:
Originally Posted by sterling214 View Post
Michigan Brewing Co. - Webberville
Celis Grand Cru

I may have to get a beer to wait in line for this one. I just hope that they don't put the ABV's on the flyer this year, that way the people just looking to get trashed won't empty this keg in 10 min.
Found this thread looking for the winter beer festival. Didn't get to the summer festival this year, but really hoping to get to the winter festival again.

I REALLY like this beer too. I should put together a recipe for making at home. Maybe take another tour of their brewery and ask some questions.

Old 12-05-2008, 03:54 PM   #23
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2711 Times on 1629 Posts
Likes Given: 3484

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homercidal View Post
Found this thread looking for the winter beer festival. Didn't get to the summer festival this year, but really hoping to get to the winter festival again.

I REALLY like this beer too. I should put together a recipe for making at home. Maybe take another tour of their brewery and ask some questions.
Looks like Feb 28 Michigan Brewers Guild

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 12-05-2008, 05:43 PM   #24
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 1940 Times on 1403 Posts
Likes Given: 1061

Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Looks like Feb 28 Michigan Brewers Guild
Yeah, but no details. I really liked last year's Winter Festival, but they could improve a bit IMO. Maybe more outhouses, and more salt on the sidewalks. Also, a bit more room to move (or maybe it was the crush of people that helped keep me warm!)

I underestimated the gravity of the beers I was sampling. This year I'll have to plan on being a bit more smashed, or pace myself better. I also have a better understanding of what some of the oddball beers are like, so I can plan to hit the sellouts first and not miss any.

It was kind of fun to walk around and see all the OTHER drunk people having a good time. Nothing like getting your buzz on to feel all lovey towards others.

Quick Reply