Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Michigan HomeBrew Forum > 1st Annual Michigan Predators Autumn Brew Day Saturday, 9-26-09

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-26-2009, 04:03 PM   #161
eriktlupus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

okay!!
beer is being brewed now!
we have fewer people than were talking about coming though

primary1 :UTOPIA BABY(still searching for it)
secondary:middling bastard ipa
kegged:simcoe blonde, crystal pale ale, yellow jacket golden ale, lemon shandy blonde
DRINKIN DAWG BREWERY
LET'S GO RED WINGS

join michigan mashers here

extraction calculator
grains in pounds(G) X 36(average points per gallon of grains) / batch size in gallons(g) = maximum efficiency(ME)
OG / ME = brewhouse efficiency

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2009, 11:42 PM   #162
jspence1
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 3

I just want you to know I hate you all! But seriously hope you all had a great time and didn't get the rain we got here. No more of these great days on family birthdays OK

Old 09-27-2009, 12:32 AM   #163
xiang
Recipes 

Thank you Leo and Z for hosting. Heather and I had a great time. It was nice meeting some more HBT people. Looking forward to the next brew day.

Old 09-27-2009, 03:25 AM   #164
eriktlupus

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

made it back in decent time but fell out for about 2hrs

thnx to leo and z for the hosting. cool meeting new guys(and the gal yooper) who brew. only had 4 batches go but twas a good day even with my dang pumping problems(i'll be rebuilding my mt and kettle during the ball games tomorrow). we had a very good turnout of 18-20 people which is more than double of our earlier best but again fewer of them were brewing.

so we had(and i know i'll forget someone so just pipe up if it's you)

henryhill and Z(host)
yooper
xiang and swmbo w/oscar
homercidal
freddyb
homercidal's friend tim
reedwalker and swmbo
lederman
fsr402
fsr402's brew crew mike
Z's best mate joanne w/swmbo
mstev50 and swmbo w/dog
me and my swmbo w/dog

primary1 :UTOPIA BABY(still searching for it)
secondary:middling bastard ipa
kegged:simcoe blonde, crystal pale ale, yellow jacket golden ale, lemon shandy blonde
DRINKIN DAWG BREWERY
LET'S GO RED WINGS

join michigan mashers here

extraction calculator
grains in pounds(G) X 36(average points per gallon of grains) / batch size in gallons(g) = maximum efficiency(ME)
OG / ME = brewhouse efficiency

Last edited by eriktlupus; 09-27-2009 at 04:22 PM. Reason: typos and names

Old 09-27-2009, 11:32 AM   #165
mstev50
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Had a great time! Glad to finally get to meet everyone. Special thanks to HH for hosting all of us and for pulling my dog out of the pool!

Old 09-27-2009, 11:40 AM   #166
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4479 Times on 3260 Posts
Likes Given: 870

I added some of you guys to the "how many HBTers have you met in person" thread, but I forgot Rick''s and Sooner's HBT IDs.

Old 09-27-2009, 12:35 PM   #167
Homercidal
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Liked 2137 Times on 1529 Posts
Likes Given: 1172

Just for clarity, Homercidal. IS Jim. Homercidal's friend is Tim. I have heard through the grapevine that Tim will be joining us online at some point in the near future. Apparently he has seen firsthand how awesum you guys are and finally, after months and years of my prodding, has decided to get on this forum and learn more about brewing and hang out.

HenryHill, thank you so much for the very warm hospitality! You have a lovely place and went the extra mile to help a poorly prepared Homebrewer get his batch in the fermenter. I had to scramble a bit because I left my hops and specialty grains at home, and Henry helped me out!

I used my own homegrown hops and found that I veyr likely did not dry them enough, so the weight was going to be off. I just threw a bunch in there. Assuming they were low Alpha, and high weight, I tossed what was about 5 ounces in as the flavoring and aroma addition. We will see. At any rate, it should provide me with a yeast cake for the 10-10-10 brew. At best, it will be the best batch ever. (Crosses fingers).

My only complaint for the day was feeling ill. I had what coudl be described as a fairly hungover condition, except that there was no drinking beforehand. Maybe something I ate? But I made it through and brewed and just wished I had felt better and could have enjoyed more of that wonderful food that prepared.

Someone made some stuffed jalepeno's wrapped in bacon that were very good. All the food was good!

Next time, though, I might decide not to brew myself. I was pretty busy with all of my own stuff and did not get a good chance to hang out and watch others and ask questions.

Now I have to go off and add some people to the how many HBTers have you met thread!

Old 09-27-2009, 08:35 PM   #168
Reedwalker
Recipes 

What a fun time. Thanks Leo and Z! Your spread is awesome. What a perfect venue for the event.

I loved it all. Especially trying everybody's beer. I enjoyed them all. (Except for the plastic rubbing alcohol ) I brought the poppers and Ledrman kindly grilled em up for me, cuz I was busy brewin.

Added some pics in my gallery.

Jen and I really enjoyed meeting all of you and hangin out for the day.

-Rick

Hot on left, cold on right, $^*t rolls downhill, and paydays on Friday. You're now an apprentice plumber.

Last edited by Reedwalker; 09-27-2009 at 10:03 PM.

Old 09-27-2009, 11:32 PM   #169
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by freddyb View Post
A two pound flank steak is now tucked away in the fridge, marinating in a tasty concoction of soy, garlic, honey, red wine vinegar, honey, olive oil, and black pepper. I feel bad for anyone not making it out to this event. Grillmaster, make a hole!
By the way, freddy, that was an AMAZING flank steak. I thought it was my favorite thing served. Well, that and the fantastic pork loin. I kept going back for more, trying to decide which was more perfect.

That flank steak was perfectly cooked- red in the middle, pink on the edges and I could cut it with a spoon. (Which was very fortunate, since somehow I ended up eating with a spoon, but that part is kind of foggy to me).

Old 09-27-2009, 11:37 PM   #170
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Also, who brought the graff? I thought it was quite good.

Quick Reply