Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Indiana HomeBrew Forum > Where do you fill your CO2 in NW Indiana?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-20-2012, 12:04 AM   #1
SpacemanSpiff
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 13 Posts

Default Where do you fill your CO2 in NW Indiana?

I've always done my exchanges at Great Lakes welding and never had an issue. My last exchange was $27 though. I never remember it being that much and it seems high to me. Just wondering who else others in the area may be using for a refill or exchange.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-20-2012, 02:32 PM   #2
kjung
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 10

I'm not kegging yet, but a few of the guys in our HB club go to Grant Hagberg, on Main St. in Griffith (just east of Metro recycling). Their prices are supposed to be among the best in the area, and they are very home brewer friendly.

Be careful what you wish for, friend, 'cause I've been to Hell, and now I'm back again- Steve Earle

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-
Albert Einstein

"Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism -- how passionately I hate them!"- Einstein, again

Old 07-24-2012, 11:57 PM   #3
SpacemanSpiff
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 13 Posts

Thanks for the tip. I'll keep that in mind for my next refill.

Old 07-25-2012, 12:30 AM   #4
dynamobrewing
Recipes 

Just to echo the first recommendation, Grant Hagberg Co. fills my 20# tank for about $9. Have to drop it off and pick up later, though; they don't fill tanks every day. They also like homebrew a great deal.

Quick Reply