Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Indiana HomeBrew Forum > Three Floyds in Munster, IN

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-16-2009, 06:56 PM   #21
PurdueDerek
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I'm from two towns south of FFF and love going there. Chill atmosphere and great beer. Looking at the post for the Gumball head clone and salivating. btw, Indiana alcohol laws stink

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-16-2009, 08:43 PM   #22
StunnedMonkey
Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 1

To bring back an issue from earlier in this thread, I was at Three Floyds yesterday for a late lunch, and a couple of women had a flight of samplers in front of them. So obviously it's not an Indiana law of even a Three Floyds policy. Sounds like a lazy bartender.

Tap 4:Old Ale
Tap 5:IPA

Old 11-18-2009, 12:50 PM   #23
kjung
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 10

Quote:
Originally Posted by StunnedMonkey View Post
To bring back an issue from earlier in this thread, I was at Three Floyds yesterday for a late lunch, and a couple of women had a flight of samplers in front of them. So obviously it's not an Indiana law of even a Three Floyds policy. Sounds like a lazy bartender.

Hmmm. Just one me reason for me to NOT go back !

Be careful what you wish for, friend, 'cause I've been to Hell, and now I'm back again- Steve Earle

Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.-
Albert Einstein

"Heroism on command, senseless violence, and all the loathsome nonsense that goes by the name of patriotism -- how passionately I hate them!"- Einstein, again

Old 11-18-2009, 12:55 PM   #24
conpewter
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 40 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by greencoat View Post
SWMBO and I are going to celebrate three tolerating each other by taking a trip to Chicago. We're planning on stopping by Three Floyd's (Darklord Imp Stout) on our way - has anyone been?? I'm hoping to get some bottles and growler fills to take back to Dayton with me.
I was at Dark Lord's Day earlier this year and it was very cool. Long lines of course. You won't be able to get bottles of Dark Lord unless you go on Dark Lord's Day, they only sell it that one day of the year. I'm not sure about on tap, I think they may have it during the couple weeks that the event happens, I doubt it is a year round thing though.

I had tickets to get bottles so I stood in line for the brewpub, it had pretty good food and the beer was wonderful. I love their alpha king, dreadnaught is great too. I absolutely adored the vanilla oak aged Dark Lord.

"People should not be afraid of their governments. Governments should be afraid of their people." - V

Primary: Nothin
Secondary: Shady Lord RIS, Water to Barleywine, Pumpkin wine, burnt mead
Kegged: Crappy infected mild
Bottles: Apfelwein, 999 Barleywine, Oatmeal Stout, Robust Porter, Robust smoked porter, Simcoe Smash

Old 11-18-2009, 11:53 PM   #25
andysim
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 16 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Quote:
Originally Posted by kjung View Post
I live near there. The brew pub is ... ok. I'm not a big fan of 3 Floyds beers, with the exception of Robert the Bruce, so I spent more time drinking "guest" Belgians out of the bottle. Due to archaic Indiana liquor laws, you can't even get a flight of samplers. You can only get a couple of samples at a time, and if you get the wrong bartender, even THAT can be a hassle.
Personally, I'd head into the city and go to Goose Island.
I've had flights in many Indiana brew pubs. Never had a problem.

I like the Goose Island near Wrigley, but IMHO, 3F's beer is much better.

Primary - Air
Secondary - Blood Orange Hefe
Oak Rum Barrel - Sour Saison #2
Bottles: Sour #1
Kegged - Gumball Head Clone, Joco Choco Ringer Brown Ale, 1/4 Nut Notty Brown Ale 1 empty :(

Old 11-20-2009, 04:39 PM   #26
noblesquirrel
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by andysim View Post
I've had flights in many Indiana brew pubs. Never had a problem.

I like the Goose Island near Wrigley, but IMHO, 3F's beer is much better.
I'd recommend you hit up the Goose Island near North Avenue, they have ~22 beers on tap and do some fantastic classic styles. just my $.02

Brian
BJCP - C0839 Master/Mead Judge

HOPS! Homebrewers' Pride of the Southside

Old 11-21-2009, 12:20 AM   #27
hopvine
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

My dad stopped in today to grab me a growler on his way home from Chicago. After he bought it, the bartender told him that they don't refill growlers because there is no way for them to guarantee that they're clean, so you have to buy a new growler each time.

Anybody know what's up with that? What do they think every other brewery in the country does?

Old 11-21-2009, 05:41 AM   #28
greencoat
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 11 Posts
Likes Given: 2

I never replied to this...we went there and I couldn't have been happier. The staff was friendly, the food (burgers) was good, and the beer was great. I walked out of there with 3 Dreadnaughts, 2 sixers of Alpha King, a sixer of Robert The Bruce, and Gumballhead, and a Behemouth. Everything was delicious, and I plan on going back for a re-stocking trip soon. I got a flight with no issue whatsoever.

[/awesome]

Quick Reply