Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Indiana HomeBrew Forum > Indiana brewPUB cooperative

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-11-2012, 04:26 PM   #1
HBC
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 73

Default Indiana brewPUB cooperative

Folks, I have been working long hours on the formation of a brewPUB Cooperative for Indiana. I know there are similar cooperatives across the midwest, but believe this to be the first in Indiana.

For those who are not familiar with this concept, in a nutshell:
-Collective group of brewPUB owners, similar to the business operation of a credit union.
-The cooperative will collectively build/development/control operation of brewPUBS in communities across Indiana. This does NOT necessarily mean you will be swinging a hammer or pitching yeast (unless of course you want to!!).
-Member/owners share profits at year-end.
-One time initiation fee set to a specific amount to allow the development of the business; goal of building one brewPUB as a minimum.
-Total number of members can be limited (goal of 100-members for year one).

There is MUCH to talk about, and my goal is to start traveling around central Indiana and present this concept in person to small groups. I will be hosting the first event in a public location (restaurant or library likely), in southern Marion Count in the first week in January -2013-.

The goal is to gather as many potential members as possible, establish the business/elect officers, and begin the development of this organization.

Would you please send me a PM if you are remotely interested and would at least consider hanging out with a small group one evening in the upcoming month(s)?

*Disclaimer: this is not a get-rich quick scheme, and you may never make a significant profit. It is for the love of brewing, and for the community attached to the hobby. I am just trying to wrangle enough folks in Central Indiana for it to become a reality.

Fermenter 1: redFLYER (IRISH RED)
Fermenter 2: plainJANE (Summer brew)
Keg 1: redFLYER (IRISH RED)
Keg 2: WHER DID IT GOO?
Keg 3: ALL GONE-- oops!
Gallons under my belt since starting this hobby? 200

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-21-2013, 05:12 AM   #2
JoshuaW
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Did this go anywhere? I would be interested in something like this, but I wouldnt be able to participate to any real degree in Central Indiana, as I am in South Bend and am only in the Indianapolis area once every other month or so.

Please send me a message if there is anything I could do, or with some more information though. I might still be interested in participating in some way.

Old 01-21-2013, 05:16 PM   #3
ScubaSteve
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 67 Times on 49 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Heck, I live right on the South Side, just off 37. I'd definitely be in, but will be moving soon

Quick Reply