*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Indiana HomeBrew Forum > Fishers, IN (Indianapolis, IN) Homebrewing Club

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 03-12-2012, 12:17 PM   #11
Naptown
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by hausofstrauss View Post

Awesome!

I'm attempting 3 in one day this Saturday. 2 at the same time in the AM and 1 in the afternoon. I got a second burner and a new 44 qt kettle for the occasion.
How did it go?

Primary: Pale Ale w/ Wyeast American Ale
Primary: Pale Ale w/ Wyeast Northwest Ale
Keg: American Wheat 3 Floyds Gumballhead clone
Keg: Bombastic IPA
tapped Keg: Wild Child Mild Brown Ale
tapped Keg: Hearts Squared - all grain Bell's clone

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-12-2012, 01:23 PM   #12
hausofstrauss
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 14 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by Naptown View Post
How did it go?
It got done, but it sure kept me busy.

I did something I shouldn't have done and changed plans at the last minute. Recipes in the past called for steep grains in 5 gallons, but the new ones called for ~2 gallons. My change was steeping in one pot, while getting the boil water heated up in another. So at the beginning, I was alternating 3 pots on 2 burners to keep temps up.

Once I got through that, I could breathe.

I'm just hoping that my RyePA starts fermenting. I bought all my yeast at the same time and popped both packets at the same time. After 3 hours, the Wyeast #1335 British Ale II packet was barely swelled, but I could still hear bubbles inside, so I pitched anyway. The #3944 Belgian Wit, however was fully expanded.

So Sunday morning, the GF Wit was going like a champ (and so was my lager already!), however still this morning not much going on with the RyePA. I popped the lid and bubbles were coming to the top, but barely. No signs of infection, just an extremely slow start. I'm thinking of running to GF on my lunch break and pitching another packet tonight.

Old 06-24-2012, 03:34 PM   #13
20000Barrels
Recipes 

I am in Zionsville, and looking for a beer club to join. I have been brewing a little of a year all extract. I did brew with guys at Tuxedo and they taught me the basics on grain.

Did you Fishers guys join FBI?

Thanks

Quick Reply