New Giveaway - Wort Monster Conical Fermeneter!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Illinois HomeBrew Forum > Rock Bottom Sucks!

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-22-2007, 01:56 AM   #11
Sir Humpsalot
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 81 Times on 65 Posts
Likes Given: 22

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmditter
Toot, please say how you really feel about this. I sense some hesitance on your part to really open up.
Thanks for the bump!

last night, I really wanted a beer and was driving past. I didn't stop. The thought of stopping for a beer sort of turned a knot in my stomach. I would rather go thirsty.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-22-2007, 02:11 AM   #12
Fingers

Recipes 

Liked 23 Times on 21 Posts

I got burnt once by a tractor dealer. They sold me a lawn tractor that wasn't as represented. It was supposed to have had a rebuilt engine and then when it blew up, I found out it wasn't. I was just going to rebuild it myself and fume quietly. My Dad told me to go and yell at the guy in the showroom. 'Use profanity,' he said. 'Those Menonites hate that!'. I asked him what good it would do? The warranty for the used tractor had expired. His reply? He said, 'It will make you feel better at least!'

So I went down there and I yelled at the guy and called him a lying crook in the show room. They kept trying to hustle me into an office to quiet me down but I wouldn't go. The finally gave me the parts I needed at cost. Not an ideal situation, but I pissed them off almost as much as they pissed me off! Heh. Dad was right. I felt MUCH better.

Old 03-22-2007, 03:54 AM   #13
dblvsn

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I agree. I've been at a couple different Rock Bottom Breweries. Service is the worst of any restaurant I've ever been at, they are always out of some beer and the beers are sub-par. Funny thing is I always hear the same thing out of most people... Why do people keep going back and supporting restaurants like this?! Customer service is what I do. I'm never afraid to mention to a manager about a bad experience. The problem is most people don't care anymore. As long as the money is flowing through the door there are no cares. There's one thing we can all do about it. First off... bitch about it!! If a restaurant does not hear about the problem they can't fix it. Give 'em a little time and try 'em again. If things haven't changed, they aren't gonna. Write 'em off your list and go somewhere else.

Old 03-22-2007, 03:55 AM   #14
EdWort

Recipes 

Liked 242 Times on 131 Posts
Likes Given: 7

The Squeaky wheel gets the grease. Besides it was the principle. You did the right thing.

If I was wanting to go back to Rock Bottom (why would they name their place such a low lying name), I'd write a nice letter to the CEO (I always start at the top, cause stuff rolls downhill much faster) and explain how disappointed I am and how much of a loyal customer I have been, and then I would tell him what it would take to keep my business. This works almost every time, cause businessmen NEED this feedback.

If you write and tell them they suck and you are never coming back, well, those go right in the trash.

If you don't care anymore, then hopefully this vent online was cathartic.

Old 03-22-2007, 04:57 AM   #15
Pumbaa
I prefer 23383

Recipes 

Liked 68 Times on 54 Posts
Likes Given: 66

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude
Maybe the manager of the place doesn't know this is going on. Can't fix a problem if you don't know about it.

Sounds like you are taking the 3 year old approach vs. the adult approach. Have it your way! Thanks for the rant, noted!
Then the manager sucks and saying something to him wouldnt have helped either

Old 03-22-2007, 09:57 PM   #16
Bernie Brewer
Grouchy Old Fart

Recipes 

Liked 106 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dude
Maybe the manager of the place doesn't know this is going on. Can't fix a problem if you don't know about it.

Sounds like you are taking the 3 year old approach vs. the adult approach. Have it your way! Thanks for the rant, noted!

I disagree. I worked retail long enough to know that the only way to avoid bad service to to hit'em with your wallet. We never minded when people complained about something (It happens sometimes, you can't make everyone happy) because we knew they would come back and shop again. It was the ones that said nothing but never returned, those are the ones that hurt you! So, if I get bad service once, I cut'em some slack. If twice, then bye-bye. I work too hard for my money to give it to places like that.

"Why don't we get drunk and screw?" Jimmy Buffett

Quick Reply