Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Illinois HomeBrew Forum > New Homebrew Club in the Naperville / Plainfield IL Area

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-15-2010, 03:12 PM   #11
jtlawlor
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Congrats Ed! It was a good time, I am amazed at the turn out... I would guess around 25? Good to know that there are that many brewers in the area!

I am very much looking forward to future events!

John.

Primary: always something...

Brewed: Scottish Ale 80 - Ode to Arthur Stout - Benrath Alt - Araucania Huaso Wit - Two Hearted Ale - Dark Star Porter - Yoopers Dead Guy Ale - Cassandra the Dark, Russian Imp. Stout - Yooper's Fat Tire - Scott-A-Tron IPA - Orange Kolsch - I69PA - Rye Opener - Lick Me I am an Irish Stout - Fat Thaddeus the Third Triple - Holy ESB of Antioch

*Member of PALE (Plainfield Ale and Lager Enthusiasts)

O'Leathlobhair Brewery

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-15-2010, 03:40 PM   #12
Rhoobarb

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Yeah, Rick, I want that Honey Wheat Recipe! One of the very best beers of the night, for sure! Just to update, the club now has a name: Plainfield Ale & Lager Enthusiasts (P.A.L.E.). Our next meeting is scheduled for Thursday, Nov. 11th. If you haven't made a meeting yet, pencil in the 11th. Also, Limestone Brewing gives P.A.L.E. members 20% off their food orders during the meeting!

Old 10-16-2010, 03:04 PM   #13
skybrew
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhoobarb View Post
Yeah, Rick, I want that Honey Wheat Recipe! One of the very best beers of the night, for sure! Just to update, the club now has a name: Plainfield Ale & Lager Enthusiasts (P.A.L.E.). Our next meeting is scheduled for Thursday, Nov. 11th. If you haven't made a meeting yet, pencil in the 11th. Also, Limestone Brewing gives P.A.L.E. members 20% off their food orders during the meeting!
I PM'd the recipe to you.

I guess next meeting we are going to have to say who is who on this board at the meeting. The only reason I figured out it was Ed was because he uses his name.

Old 10-23-2010, 01:50 PM   #14
Augie
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

I wish I cold start making these, but with my job its almost impossible with travel and working midnights

Old 10-26-2010, 11:56 PM   #15
Cheapspkrs111
Recipes 

Hey! I live in Minooka and just started brewing. So far I have made an apple cider mead from this site, an oktoberfest partial mash, a hard cider, and an oatmeal stout that I plan on splitting into half. The first half I plan on straight bottles and the other half I plan on racking it onto crispy bacon for two weeks! I plan on making it an oatmeal bacon breakfast stout. This is the test...does bacon really make EVERYTHING better? I also just got into kegging. I am interested in coming to a meeting and learning from you all....since my Oktoberfest after a month still tastes and smells like IDOPHER!!! Damn Idopher...I am a starsan man now!!! When and where??

I love me some Home Brew!

Old 10-27-2010, 02:32 PM   #16
FermentEd

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cheapspkrs111 View Post
Hey! I live in Minooka and just started brewing. So far I have made an apple cider mead from this site, an oktoberfest partial mash, a hard cider, and an oatmeal stout that I plan on splitting into half. The first half I plan on straight bottles and the other half I plan on racking it onto crispy bacon for two weeks! I plan on making it an oatmeal bacon breakfast stout. This is the test...does bacon really make EVERYTHING better? I also just got into kegging. I am interested in coming to a meeting and learning from you all....since my Oktoberfest after a month still tastes and smells like IDOPHER!!! Damn Idopher...I am a starsan man now!!! When and where??
Breakfast is the most important meal of the day! Check us out at www.palebrewers.org

Old 10-27-2010, 03:34 PM   #17
Augie
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Ed, Anything I need to know if I were to make it to a meeting? I may be home early from a work trip and not working that night.

Old 10-27-2010, 03:56 PM   #18
FermentEd

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Augie View Post
Ed, Anything I need to know if I were to make it to a meeting? I may be home early from a work trip and not working that night.
When you get to Limestone just ask the hostess to direct you to the homebrew club meeting. We may be meeting in a different room than previous meetings. Bring some homebrew to share if you have any, otherwise no worries. We are still working on the agenda for the meeting. Some of the topics will be Learn to Homebrew Day, club logo design contest and the holiday social event. No pressure - just come out to meet fellow homebrewers and have a good time. Limestone offers 20% discount on food to club members. I suggest you email us at plainfieldbrewclub@gmail.com so we can put you on our mailing list.
Cheers!

Old 09-20-2012, 12:27 PM   #19
rgauthier20420
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 65 Times on 55 Posts
Likes Given: 61

Hello, my name is Rickey and I'm new to home brewing. I live in the Crest Hill are, and heard about this club at te Midwest brewers fest. Is it still meeting and in operation? If so, where do yall meet? I would love to join and start sharing my brew. Thanks in advance for any information posted in reply.

Rickey

Old 09-20-2012, 01:32 PM   #20
FermentEd

Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rgauthier20420 View Post
Hello, my name is Rickey and I'm new to home brewing. I live in the Crest Hill are, and heard about this club at te Midwest brewers fest. Is it still meeting and in operation? If so, where do yall meet? I would love to join and start sharing my brew. Thanks in advance for any information posted in reply.

Rickey
Hi Rickey –

We used to meet at Limestone Brewing Company until they closed last March. We are in the process of finding a permanent meeting place. We have been meeting at the Bolingbrook golf club until our last meeting which was at Solemn Oath Brewing in Naperville. Next month we will meet at Mickey O'Neill's Irish Pub @ 24102 W. Lockport Street in Plainfield. We meet the first Thursday of every month at 7pm. The next meeting is on October 4th. I will guarantee that we will have a crowd on hand as we have over 130 members (although we typically have 60-70 attend meetings) and the space we’ll be in is nice but a little tight for that many people. I suggest you get there early and introduce yourself to Chris our president or me (Ed). There is a ton of information at our website: http://www.palebrewers.org/

We look forward to seeing you there!
Cheers!

Quick Reply