Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Illinois HomeBrew Forum > Joliet Brewer's Guild - 1st meeting 03/13/13

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-15-2013, 04:51 PM   #1
LandoLincoln
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 535 Times on 315 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Default Joliet Brewer's Guild - 1st meeting 03/13/13

The Joliet Brewer's Guild will be having its first meeting on March 13th, 2013 at 7pm at the Chicago Street Pub located at 75 N Chicago St in downtown Joliet. If you live in the area, then come on over and join us for this historic first meeting! 50 years from now, when you're looking through a scrapbook of Joliet history, and your grandson points to a picture of a bunch of drunks sitting around with 4oz tasting glasses and pouring beer from growlers and he asks you, "who are THEY?" you can say, "Oh! That's the JBG! The old Joliet Brewer's Guild! I was there for the very first meeting! Man, what a bunch of jerks! But the meetings were a lot of fun!"

We'll be meeting there every 2nd Wednesday of every month, until we exceed the seating capacity of the pub, and then we'll rent out the Rialto Theatre for our meetings after that maybe. Or maybe McCormick Place. It's still kinda up in the air.

So bring some of your homebrew and get some feedback on your stuff from fellow brewers. And if you don't have any homebrew to share, then just show up anyway! See you there!

www.jolietbrewersguild.org

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 03-06-2013, 09:01 AM   #2
jaydog2314
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 10 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 107 Times on 77 Posts
Likes Given: 154

Sounds interesting! I'm right in Lockport, 5 minutes away. I'm pretty new to home brewing but would love to come out the club!

Secondary: RIS(aging port wine soaked oak spirals); Coffee Porter w/Vanilla Beans
Up Next: Belgian Amber
untappd: hopheavy2314
Canal Brewing Co:
Facebook Twitter Untappd

Old 03-06-2013, 01:19 PM   #3
LandoLincoln
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Yeah, it should be fun. The best part about belonging to a brew club is being able to try out other people's beer, so you have an understanding of just how good (and bad) homebrews can be. And it's fun just hanging out with people that are as passionate about the hobby as you are. You get to be as beer-geeky as you like and no one is going to tune you out, unlike with your family and friends. Hope to see you there.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:07 AM   #4
jaydog2314
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

sounds great, I'm definitely going to try and make it. How many home brews should I bring? Do you expect a big turn out?

Secondary: RIS(aging port wine soaked oak spirals); Coffee Porter w/Vanilla Beans
Canal Brewing Co:
Facebook Twitter Untappd

Old 03-07-2013, 09:11 PM   #5
LandoLincoln
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaydog2314 View Post
sounds great, I'm definitely going to try and make it. How many home brews should I bring? Do you expect a big turn out?
If you keg, then bring a growler. If you bottle, then 4-6 bottles.

No, I really don't have any idea on how many people are going to show up. There seems to be some good activity on our Facebook page, and people are looking at our stuff on HBT but aren't commenting. I'd be pretty excited if we got 10 people to show up for the first meeting.

It seems like nearly all homebrew clubs start out really small, and then some just grow leaps and bounds from there. I'm pretty confident that there's quite a few homebrewers in this area that would appreciate meeting monthly with fellow homebrewers to talk and share beer. We just need to keep getting the word out and eventually they'll show up.

Old 03-13-2013, 07:33 PM   #6
LandoLincoln
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

I don't suppose anyone has a gavel handy...if so, please bring it for tonight's meeting! Thanks!

Old 03-13-2013, 09:29 PM   #7
The Soft Underbelly
Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 19

Man what a drag! I just saw this! I'm already booked for the evening, but i would love to check this out next time around. Thanks for setting this up.

Let us know how it turns out. And hoist a few for me!

Old 03-14-2013, 04:46 AM   #8
LandoLincoln
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Soft Underbelly View Post
Man what a drag! I just saw this! I'm already booked for the evening, but i would love to check this out next time around. Thanks for setting this up.

Let us know how it turns out. And hoist a few for me!
Oh, you missed a good one! We had a great time! Hope to see you at the next one!

Here's a pic of the founding members! There's always room for more.

Old 03-14-2013, 06:27 AM   #9
jaydog2314
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

something came up last minute and i couldn't make it, looking forward to next month's meeting. i sent an email to prez@jolietbrewersguild.org to add me to any email list you may have.

Canal Brewing Co:
Facebook Twitter Untappd

Quick Reply