Electric Brewing Supply 30A BCS Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Illinois HomeBrew Forum > Best LHBS in NW or W suburbs?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-15-2012, 03:23 AM   #11
BPhad
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by KurtB
nik555,

Who refils co2 near the store in St. Charles? I think mine will be empty soon, and my normal connection takes a couple of days to get refilled.

Kurt
Fox valley paintball at i88 and farnsworth will refill

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-15-2012, 03:25 AM   #12
BPhad
Recipes 

If you are looking for a brew shop Two Brothers in Warrenville I think still run brewers coop.

Old 05-15-2012, 03:37 AM   #13
nik555
Recipes 

Hey Kurt,

The Illinois Fire and safety Co in Geneva will do a refill. It is on Keslinger rd. Across the road from Delnor hospital. It took 15 mins to refill my 5 lb tank. It may take two days to refill if your tank needs to be re certified, but it is a great place. If you need a phone number or address let me know.

Old 05-15-2012, 03:46 AM   #14
ylpaul2000
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 14 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by nik555
Hey Kurt,

The Illinois Fire and safety Co in Geneva will do a refill. It is on Keslinger rd. Across the road from Delnor hospital. It took 15 mins to refill my 5 lb tank. It may take two days to refill if your tank needs to be re certified, but it is a great place. If you need a phone number or address let me know.
+1 on Illinois fire and safety. Char Novak is the manager there and they are always friendly and very helpful, not to mention competitively priced. I seriously recommend using them as your go-to.

Old 05-15-2012, 02:02 PM   #15
TyTanium
Recipes 

Liked 549 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 418

Quote:
Originally Posted by BPhad View Post
If you are looking for a brew shop Two Brothers in Warrenville I think still run brewers coop.
Yes, it's still there but supply is limited. Decent grain selection, almost non-existent hops selection, good yeast selection (plus expired yeast for cheap). Small equipment section. Good prices. They will crush for you.

It's more of a giftshop for their taphouse - most people that work there don't homebrew.

Old 05-16-2012, 01:00 AM   #16
BPhad
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by TyTanium

Yes, it's still there but supply is limited. Decent grain selection, almost non-existent hops selection, good yeast selection (plus expired yeast for cheap). Small equipment section. Good prices. They will crush for you.

It's more of a giftshop for their taphouse - most people that work there don't homebrew.
That's too bad. Back in the day you could go in and get advice from the brothers.

Old 06-17-2012, 07:20 AM   #17
sagacity
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Randar
Another "welcome to the area". I work in the Schaumburg area and live about 20 min NE of there. For me, Perfect Brewing in Libertyville is the best... hands down. It's easy for me to shoot right up 294 and get there in less than 20 minutes, but YMMV depending on your exact location.

It is really out of my way to go to St Charles and I have never been to the Brew and Grow in Roselle, so I can't speak to that one even though it would probably be closest to most Schaumburg people.
Bump. Most helpful, most knowledgeable. I shop there even when I can get some stuff cheaper online to help ensure they stay in business because the tips you get from just chatting are worth it.

Old 06-17-2012, 01:03 PM   #18
nhhintz
Recipes 

Default Perfect Brewing

Ditto to Sagacity's post. Perfect Brewing in Libertyville is one of the best around. I like to order my grains online the night before brewing, and usually it's ready for pickup the next morning. They will fill CO2 here as well.

www.perfectbrewingsupply.com/

Old 06-18-2012, 01:34 AM   #19
sagacity
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhhintz
Ditto to Sagacity's post. Perfect Brewing in Libertyville is one of the best around. I like to order my grains online the night before brewing, and usually it's ready for pickup the next morning. They will fill CO2 here as well.

That's right. Not only will they fill it; they'll fill _yours_ rather than trade it in. Important since I have a new one.

Cheers!

Old 06-18-2012, 01:37 AM   #20
sagacity
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nhhintz

That's right, and they'll fill _your_ cylinder; not just exchange. Important, since mine is new.

Cheers!

Quick Reply