Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Illinois HomeBrew Forum > BABBLE Brew-Off 2011

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-19-2011, 03:39 AM   #11
Randar
Damn right I got da brews
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
 
Randar's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Wheeling, IL
Posts: 28,799
Liked 4594 Times on 4499 Posts
Likes Given: 2061

Default

Well I dropped 5 entries off last weekend at Perfect Brewing as well... They had around 40-45 entries at that point, so a lot of procrastinators came in this week!

__________________
Randar is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-19-2011, 07:52 AM   #12
mobly99
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mobly99's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Waukegan
Posts: 196
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Hmmm... are you calling me a procrastinator because I dropped it off on Friday the 18th and the rules said last day was Thursday the 18th?

That does describe me pretty well. Thank God for ambiguous dates in the rules.

__________________

Primary: Revelation Cream Ale
On Tap: Red Skies at Night, LHB Blond Ale, 224? Suburban Wheat Ale

mobly99 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2011, 01:24 AM   #13
mobly99
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mobly99's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Waukegan
Posts: 196
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Well, I'm surprised. My Vanilla Bourbon Porter took 1st place in Specialy Beer category. Cranberry Stout and Squash Ale didn't place. I got my ribbon, but they didn't have the score sheets ready to go yet so have to wait for those in the mail.

__________________

Primary: Revelation Cream Ale
On Tap: Red Skies at Night, LHB Blond Ale, 224? Suburban Wheat Ale

mobly99 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2011, 01:28 AM   #14
MachineShopBrewing
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Montrose, MN
Posts: 1,053
Liked 66 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default

mobly, are you still hanging out there? Can you get results for IIPA, Schwarzbier, and Northern English Brown? or tell me where to find them?


Thanks

__________________
MachineShopBrewing is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2011, 01:30 AM   #15
Ace_Club
Legendary Influential Brewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Ace_Club's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 35,765
Liked 1524 Times on 1448 Posts
Likes Given: 52725

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mobly99 View Post
Well, I'm surprised. My Vanilla Bourbon Porter took 1st place in Specialy Beer category. Cranberry Stout and Squash Ale didn't place. I got my ribbon, but they didn't have the score sheets ready to go yet so have to wait for those in the mail.
Were you there for the judging?
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
I'll make my buddy do it with me next time. That'll make me go harder at it.
"If guns don't kill people, why do we give people guns when they go to war? Why not just send the people?" - Ozzy Osbourne

Sent from my iPhone 4s.

Canon T2i | EF-S 18-55mm | EF 28mm 1.8 | EF 50mm 1.8 | EF-S 55-250mm

3 whipped dog straights, Gillette Ball End Tech, 1959 Gillette Fat Boy

Secondary: Strawberry Melomel
Ace_Club is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2011, 01:45 AM   #16
mobly99
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mobly99's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Waukegan
Posts: 196
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

I had emailed them to ask if I'd be able to pick up my score sheets if I showed up, and they told me one of my enties was up for BOS. I showed up about 4:45, they had already finished judging the individual flights, and were getting ready to do judging for best of show. I left after they announced the winners around 7. Sorry, I don't know the results for anything else, but I think the results should be posted on their web site tomorrow.

__________________

Primary: Revelation Cream Ale
On Tap: Red Skies at Night, LHB Blond Ale, 224? Suburban Wheat Ale

mobly99 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2011, 02:01 AM   #17
MachineShopBrewing
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Montrose, MN
Posts: 1,053
Liked 66 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default

Quote:
Sorry, I don't know the results for anything else, but I think the results should be posted on their web site tomorrow.
Yeah, but anticipation is a bitch.

Just sitting here drinking HB and waiting. I didn't enter the UMMO this year, but I liked how they did a blog feed of the results real time as they announced them at the awards ceremony.
__________________
MachineShopBrewing is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2011, 02:02 AM   #18
Ace_Club
Legendary Influential Brewer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Ace_Club's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Chicago, IL
Posts: 35,765
Liked 1524 Times on 1448 Posts
Likes Given: 52725

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MachineShopBrewing View Post
Yeah, but anticipation is a bitch.

Just sitting here drinking HB and waiting. I didn't enter the UMMO this year, but I liked how they did a blog feed of the results real time as they announced them at the awards ceremony.
That's awesome. And really, how hard is it to have a dude on a laptop posting results?

In this day and age, the results should be online within 30 minutes of the end of the event.
__________________
Quote:
Originally Posted by IrregularPulse View Post
I'll make my buddy do it with me next time. That'll make me go harder at it.
"If guns don't kill people, why do we give people guns when they go to war? Why not just send the people?" - Ozzy Osbourne

Sent from my iPhone 4s.

Canon T2i | EF-S 18-55mm | EF 28mm 1.8 | EF 50mm 1.8 | EF-S 55-250mm

3 whipped dog straights, Gillette Ball End Tech, 1959 Gillette Fat Boy

Secondary: Strawberry Melomel
Ace_Club is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2011, 02:07 AM   #19
MachineShopBrewing
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: Montrose, MN
Posts: 1,053
Liked 66 Times on 53 Posts
Likes Given: 38

Default

Quote:
That's awesome. And really, how hard is it to have a dude on a laptop posting results?

In this day and age, the results should be online within 30 minutes of the end of the event.
I agree. I didn't have any beers in UMMO, but I knew some people who did and was able to sit here and drink beer watching the results come through. IIRC Schooner comp in Milwaukee posted the results on facebook as they came through too.
__________________
MachineShopBrewing is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-27-2011, 02:09 AM   #20
mobly99
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
mobly99's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Location: Waukegan
Posts: 196
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ace_Club View Post
That's awesome. And really, how hard is it to have a dude on a laptop posting results?

In this day and age, the results should be online within 30 minutes of the end of the event.
or even just a phone. throw it up on facebook or something.
__________________

Primary: Revelation Cream Ale
On Tap: Red Skies at Night, LHB Blond Ale, 224? Suburban Wheat Ale

mobly99 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
2011 San Diego NHC Brewpastor California HomeBrew Forum 491 08-09-2011 09:36 AM
MD/PA/DE/DC Spring Brew day 2011 wscott823 Brewing Events & Local Gatherings 109 03-16-2011 01:57 PM
Babble Brew Off riverfrontbrewer Illinois HomeBrew Forum 23 03-07-2011 05:26 PM
Traverse City Winter Brew and Music Fest 2011 Homercidal Michigan HomeBrew Forum 1 01-27-2011 04:09 PM
2011 Peach State Brew Off - Homebrew Competition downpantera Georgia HomeBrew Forum 0 01-19-2011 05:09 PM