The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Illinois HomeBrew Forum > Aug 27th Plainfield, IL Midwest Brewers Festival

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-06-2011, 01:12 PM   #1
FEARDIZ
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Default Aug 27th Plainfield, IL Midwest Brewers Festival

The Midwest Brewers Festival is being held at the Plainfield Riverfront Park here in Plainfield, Illinois on August 27th. The Plainfield Riverfront Park is located on Route 126 just West of the DuPage River on the West side of downtown Plainfield. The gates will open on Saturday the 27th at noon and the festival will end at 8pm.

http://www.midwestbrewersfest.com/

Primary - Lumpy Dog Brown, Little Sumpin Sumpin

Secondary 1,2,3 -
Bottle conditioning : Apfelwein, Some Oatmeal type summer stout , 3 floyds alpha king clone

Drinking : Centennial Blonde, AHS Anny Blonde Rye

RIP: AHS 20th Anny IPA, Shakespeare Oatmeal Stout Clone "Black Sunday Stout"

Planning On Deck -

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-27-2011, 12:09 AM   #2
kramerica
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Getting my tickets this week, they've added some excellent brewerys, can't wait.

Old 07-01-2011, 04:07 PM   #3
FermentEd

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

The Midwest Brewers Fest is a craft beer festival organized by local brewing enthusiasts. This is our inaugural year and we expect over fifty breweries, brewpubs, and AHA registered homebrew clubs to serve about 200 different beers right here in Plainfield, Illinois on the banks of the DuPage River. We will have local artisanal food, great craft beer, local musical artists and brewing expositions. Come join us and meet some of your favorite brewers!

Some of the breweries attending: 5 Rabbit, Big Muddy, Brickstone, Destihl, Finch's, Flossmoor Station, Founders, Galena, Goose Island, Haymarket, Lagunitas, Limestone, Mendocino, Metropolitan, New Belgium, Rock Bottom, Smuttynose, Stockholm’s, Two Brothers, Wild Onion.

Stop by the homebrew tent and say hello!
http://www.midwestbrewersfest.com/

Old 07-23-2011, 08:12 PM   #4
FermentEd

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

We are thrilled to announce that noted beer authority Marty Nachel (The Ale-Conner) will be joining us at The Midwest Brewers Festival (www.midwestbrewersfest.com) as one of our Craft Beer Celebrity guests. Marty has written articles that have appeared in print and online publications such as Brew Your Own, Brewing Techniques, Celebrator Beer News, Cooking Pleasures, Fine Cooking, Epicurious.com, Malt Advocate, and Zymurgy.

Marty’s books include "Beer Across America”, "Beer For Dummies" and "Homebrewing For Dummies" he is also a contributor to Microsoft's digital Encarta Encyclopedia.

In 1996, Marty was named one of the Top Three Beer Writers in North America by North American Guild of Beer Writers. In a span of six years Marty won eight Quill & Tankard awards for excellence in beer writing.

In addition to being an award-winning homebrewer, Marty has been a BJCP Certified Beer Judge since 1986 (first BJCP judge in the state of Illinois) and was a beer evaluator at Beverage Testing Institute's World Beer Championships from 1994 to 1998. In 1998, Marty was appointed to the Professional Panel Blind Tasting at the Great American Beer Festival in Denver, Colorado, and in 2008 Marty joined Jim Koch at the Boston Beer Company to judge the LongShot Homebrew Competition finals.

Marty’s booth will be in the Homebrew Pavilion. Visit his website at http://www.ale-conner.com/

Old 08-10-2011, 03:58 PM   #5
Rhoobarb

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Wanted to bump this up, as it is getting closer. From what I hear from people I've talked to, there should be a large turnout. I was fortunatle enough to be at The Map Room last Saturday and saw posters placed on both bathroom doors!

I can't wait to be there!

Old 08-11-2011, 03:24 AM   #6
GeoGirl
Recipes 

I feel like a kid waiting for Christmas waiting for the 27th. Thrilled that they are gonna have some Mendo brew and saw on their page that Shipwreck is gonna have some brews too.

~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~*~~
On Deck:
Primary:
Secondary:
Bottled: Belgian Ale; Ober-Easy; Quaker's Ale

Old 08-11-2011, 03:54 AM   #7
FermentEd

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Check attending breweries here: http://www.midwestbrewersfest.com/breweries.php

Old 08-18-2011, 08:17 PM   #8
jtlawlor
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 6

shameless bump!

Primary: always something...

Brewed: Scottish Ale 80 - Ode to Arthur Stout - Benrath Alt - Araucania Huaso Wit - Two Hearted Ale - Dark Star Porter - Yoopers Dead Guy Ale - Cassandra the Dark, Russian Imp. Stout - Yooper's Fat Tire - Scott-A-Tron IPA - Orange Kolsch - I69PA - Rye Opener - Lick Me I am an Irish Stout - Fat Thaddeus the Third Triple - Holy ESB of Antioch

*Member of PALE (Plainfield Ale and Lager Enthusiasts)

O'Leathlobhair Brewery

Old 08-22-2011, 08:03 PM   #9
jtlawlor
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 6

5 days to go...

Primary: always something...

Brewed: Scottish Ale 80 - Ode to Arthur Stout - Benrath Alt - Araucania Huaso Wit - Two Hearted Ale - Dark Star Porter - Yoopers Dead Guy Ale - Cassandra the Dark, Russian Imp. Stout - Yooper's Fat Tire - Scott-A-Tron IPA - Orange Kolsch - I69PA - Rye Opener - Lick Me I am an Irish Stout - Fat Thaddeus the Third Triple - Holy ESB of Antioch

*Member of PALE (Plainfield Ale and Lager Enthusiasts)

O'Leathlobhair Brewery

Old 08-26-2011, 07:51 PM   #10
absoluthamm
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 16 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 193 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 14

Just bought my tickets.

Keg #1: Sour Raisin Cider
Keg #2: Bonfire Imperial Smoked Amber Ale