I received mine through gmail on January 31. I submitted a total of three beers, here are the general comments:
Belgian Pale Ale
- 1st Judge's Score: 32 (Judge Rank: National)
- 2nd Judge's Score: 33 (Judge Rank: Recognized)
- Combined Score: 32.5
- Comment Quality: All the sections were filled out and comments were helpful and appropriate. I was pleased with the quality of their score sheets.
- 1st Judge's Score: 29 (Judge Rank: Recognized)
- 2nd Judge's Score: 33 (Judge Rank: National)
- Combined Score: 31
- Comment Quality: Again, solid comments. All sections filled out completely. A little miffed at the 1st judge because he scored me low but didn't offer much criticism.
- 1st Judge's Score: 25 (Judge Rank: Certified)
- 2nd Judge's Score: 26 (Judge Rank: Not Indicated)
- Combined Score: 25
- Comment Quality: Mediocre. I took the BJCP tasting exam in November, so I know that you need to completely fill out each section - not put one or two words per section. Judge #2's overall impression comment: "This beer needs to be more hop forward". Why thank you, that's all you got out that beer? What a waste...
The majority of judging was good and the feedback was helpful with the exception of the IPA. However, given their continued issues with the competition year after year, I will not be entering the Boneyard Brewoff in 2014.