Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Wisconsin HomeBrew Forum > Stone Cellar Brewpub

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-25-2006, 02:33 AM   #1
SBN
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Stone Cellar Brewpub

Visited this place for lunch Saturday:

www.stonecellarbrewpub.com/

Sampler of 12 beers included some unremarkable, as well as some surprises. The vanilla stout was overwhelming, the oatmeal stout was very very smooth. The pilsner and the light were hits with everyone except me, and the scottish ale was my favorite. Interestingly, their IPA used fuggles, EKG, and cascade - tasty with tangerine citrus tones, but they referred to it as a session beer since the OG came out pretty low. The hefe had NO banana/clove nose to it. Really cool historic building and good food.

Assistant brewmaster was also the bartender, but he wasn't very familiar with a lot of things. Admitted he was new and basically slave labor for the grunt work. Claims they use nothing but Briess grains, from the local HBS, and get varying levels of efficiency depending on the time of year. They also use nothing but Wyeast, and they cycle it through 12-15 generations.

Good news is that the waitress was pretty cute, and pints were $2.25 !!! Bad news was that I had to drive - could have spent some more time with that Scottish ale....

Skol!

Last edited by SBN; 09-25-2006 at 04:56 PM.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message

Quick Reply