*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Wisconsin HomeBrew Forum > Milwaukee Home Brew Fest

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 09-23-2012, 10:47 PM   #11
joshualoomis
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

hey guys, i'm participating and bringing a keg of imperial red ale. i'll probably also bring a few bottles of my double brown ale and west coast ipa, also entered into the competition.

what a fantastic opportunity for the home brew community. i'm excited to pour my beer and almost equally as excited to see what they have planned for us as far as the morning and early afternoon sessions.

cheers, gentlemen, and see you there.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 09-26-2012, 08:04 PM   #12
m_stodd
Recipes 

Liked 56 Times on 38 Posts

Just got an email that my ticket I bought like 20 minutes ago has been refunded.

Also, website just updated. Seems like it will be free next time, and since I just barely bought a ticket in time, I'll have priority to attend. Still not worth the cancellation, but whatever...

In the words of Bender, "I'll just have my own homebrew fest with blackjack, and hookers!"

Old 09-26-2012, 08:22 PM   #13
Kieran
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Sucks it was cancelled. At least I have a ton of extra beer now

Old 09-26-2012, 08:32 PM   #14
WhiteEagle1
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 148

If you guys hear an update on this fest please post it up!
Also if any one is interested there is a pretty good beer tasting event in Lake Geneva Link on 10/27.....lot of good brewery's going to be there. I'll post a thread as well.

Luck is for People who need Luck.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:36 PM   #15
JonGrafto
Feedback Score: 2 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 95 Times on 74 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Default This was posted on their site....

This was posted on their site....

Milwaukee Homebrew Festival
Temporarily Postponed
Dear Friends,

We are extremely disappointed to announce that we are going to have to postpone Milwaukee Homebrew Fest and reschedule the event for another date. We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience this may have caused.
A combination of various licensing and legal hiccups have resulted in the need to move the event to a new venue, and to restructure the way the event is organized. Milwaukee Homebrew Fest is the first of it’s kind in Wisconsin, and navigating the intricacies of the new homebrew laws (and how they impact our festival) has been an eye-opening experience.
The good news is… We can still do this!
It is our intention to locate a new venue and bring the fest back early next year.
Additionally, when the event returns the admission will be free, and those attendees who purchased tickets this time around will have first priority as space will be limited.

We assure you that when we re-launch next year, we’ll be even better prepared and beyond excited to bring you the best experience of Milwaukee’s homebrew culture.
Thanks
Chuck & George
Milwaukee Homebrew Fest

Old 09-26-2012, 08:44 PM   #16
TyTanium
Recipes 

Liked 549 Times on 387 Posts
Likes Given: 418

Major bummer.

Old 09-26-2012, 08:46 PM   #17
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4505 Times on 3276 Posts
Likes Given: 883

Maybe if it's not too "early" in "early next year", I could come for it. We don't get home from Texas until the end of March, though.

Old 09-26-2012, 09:04 PM   #18
m_stodd
Recipes 

Liked 56 Times on 38 Posts

I wonder it it was this amendment that caused them to cancel, and make it free next time: https://docs.legis.wisconsin.gov/201.../aa1_sb395.pdf

I remember going to the Kohler Festival of Beer three? years ago when they had a homebrew tasting. That was awesome! The past two years it was cancelled because the event was actually illegal. It's a shame that even when we get a law passed to allow these events to occur, they get cancelled.

Quick Reply