Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Wisconsin HomeBrew Forum > MHTG - Great Taste of the Midwest

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-11-2007, 02:36 PM   #1
uuurang
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Default MHTG - Great Taste of the Midwest

Yee Haa! I''m going! Anybody else? Good Beer

"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-11-2007, 03:43 PM   #2
uuurang
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

How bout this? http://madison.craigslist.org/tix/385764105.html
Did anyone get to see Charlie Papazian?
Wonder if he'll be at the Great taste?

"Labor is prior to, and independent of, capital. Capital is only the fruit of labor, and could never have existed if labor had not first existed. Labor is the superior of capital, and deserves much the higher consideration." Lincoln's First Annual Message to Congress, December 3, 1861.

Old 08-11-2007, 07:30 PM   #3
eriktlupus

Recipes 

Liked 9 Times on 7 Posts

try arcadia or dark horse my locals great ipa and pales

primary1 :UTOPIA BABY(still searching for it)
secondary:middling bastard ipa
kegged:simcoe blonde, crystal pale ale, yellow jacket golden ale, lemon shandy blonde
DRINKIN DAWG BREWERY
LET'S GO RED WINGS

join michigan mashers here

extraction calculator
grains in pounds(G) X 36(average points per gallon of grains) / batch size in gallons(g) = maximum efficiency(ME)
OG / ME = brewhouse efficiency

Old 08-14-2007, 04:12 AM   #4
sause
Steel Comma Ale & Lagery
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts

How was it? I always want to go but ether work or not getting tickets get in the way.

Old 08-14-2007, 04:36 AM   #5
Madtown Brew
Recipes 

Let's just say, it was sweet!
Here are some pics. They really don't do justice to the scope of the festival, but TBH I was way to busy having fun to bother with pictures.

flanders red
Kegged:
Oktoberfest

Old 08-14-2007, 04:42 AM   #6
Madtown Brew
Recipes 

Here's one of Brewmaster Dan from New Glarus serving up something special. I never got any because the line was really long. Judging from the groans I heard later from afar they ran out of the cask stuff pretty quickly.

Here's a shot that captures the scene across the lake. It was a beautiful day even though it was 93 and high humidity.

I'm definitely attending this next year if I'm still in the midwest.

flanders red
Kegged:
Oktoberfest

Old 08-14-2007, 01:57 PM   #7
Rhoobarb

Recipes 

Liked 17 Times on 12 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Each year I plan to attrend this fest and each year I miss it either b/c plans got in the way or tix were already sold out. After seeing your pics, I really, really plan to get an early jump on things and get tix the minute they go on sale.

Thanks for the great pix!

Old 08-14-2007, 02:12 PM   #8
Madtown Brew
Recipes 

Well, we were lucky in that my GF works with a "well placed individual" that was able to get us tickets looong after they were sold out. From what I learned, unless you want to camp in line at a ticket office before the sun comes up, your best bet is to mail in your order the earliest date possible. I think they sell 3000 tickets by mail order and 2000 at ticket booth locations (IDK where exactly). Attendance is capped at 5000.

Another option (for those in and around Madison) would be to join "madison homebrewers and tasters guild" (http://www.mhtg.org). I'd suspect members get first crack at tickets if they want them. I may be joining next year so I can enter into their spring big beer contest, and they've told me they need fresh members that are active homebrewers.

flanders red
Kegged:
Oktoberfest

Old 08-27-2007, 03:16 AM   #9
uuurang
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Ya, it was great. Good time by all. Waited in line at wineandhop for 3 hours to get tickets. Will be waiting 4 hours next year, was close to not getting any tix.
I remember Arcadia and Im sure I tried some from there, good stuff. Surprised that Michigan is such a big craft brew mecca. Michigan represented well, nice!

Charlie Papazian was there. Saw him following Mama's digdown brass band taking pictures. Couldn't find the camera and he didn't stick around to answer dumb noob brewer questions.(not really:-)

...The bus ride home, memories of grade school...

Last edited by uuurang; 08-27-2007 at 03:26 AM.

Quick Reply