Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > Great Lakes USA > Wisconsin HomeBrew Forum > Hey Cheeseheads, If You've Nothing Else To Do Memorial Weekend

Reply
 
LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 05-08-2010, 12:33 AM   #1
Bernie Brewer
Grouchy Old Fart
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Bernie Brewer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Eldorado, WI
Posts: 7,539
Liked 109 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Hey Cheeseheads, If You've Nothing Else To Do Memorial Weekend

Kohler Festival of Beer
__________________
I like to squeeze the nickle until the buffalo craps-mt rob

"Why don't we get drunk and screw?" Jimmy Buffett
Bernie Brewer is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2010, 08:23 AM   #2
lschiavo
Drinks Beer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
lschiavo's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Sep 2009
Location: Surrounded by Yoopers
Posts: 3,933
Liked 759 Times on 505 Posts
Likes Given: 517

Default

Dont exclude us Yoopers. We are mostly cheeseheads here anyway.

Why does'nt the UP belong to Wisconsin? That is the only part of the US we are geographically connected to.

Do you know that all the counties in the UP bordering WI (me) are on central time and all others are on Eastern. It took me half my life to figure out what the Hell time it is 20 miles away from me.

Sorry, a bit of a rant. The fest looks cool. Its on my calender.

__________________
lschiavo is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2010, 12:39 PM   #3
glenn514
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
glenn514's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jan 2010
Location: Marengo, Illinois
Posts: 1,146
Liked 139 Times on 99 Posts
Likes Given: 35

Default

Hey, Ischiavo...

Somewhere back in the deep, dark recesses of my "eddication" I recall that, prior to becoming a state, the territory of Wisconsin [spelled quite differently, I think] included the UP as well as the northern counties of Illinois AND the "arrowhead" of Minnesota! If all of that would have become a state, it would have been bigger than Texas <ahem> and Chicago would have been in Wisconsin! Exactly why those three pieces of land were removed...I have no idea!

glenn514

__________________
glenn514 is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2010, 12:59 PM   #4
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Yooper's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Upper Michigan
Posts: 60,591
Liked 4343 Times on 3158 Posts
Likes Given: 845

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lschiavo View Post
Dont exclude us Yoopers. We are mostly cheeseheads here anyway.

Why does'nt the UP belong to Wisconsin? That is the only part of the US we are geographically connected to.

Do you know that all the counties in the UP bordering WI (me) are on central time and all others are on Eastern. It took me half my life to figure out what the Hell time it is 20 miles away from me.

Sorry, a bit of a rant. The fest looks cool. Its on my calender.
Bernie and lschiavo, if you're not going to Kohler, we're having a fish fry at the cottage on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. You're always welcome if you don't have anything better to do.
__________________
Broken Leg Brewery
Giving beer a leg to stand on since 2006
Yooper is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2010, 01:45 PM   #5
Bernie Brewer
Grouchy Old Fart
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Bernie Brewer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Eldorado, WI
Posts: 7,539
Liked 109 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by lschiavo View Post
Dont exclude us Yoopers. We are mostly cheeseheads here anyway.

Why does'nt the UP belong to Wisconsin? That is the only part of the US we are geographically connected to.

Do you know that all the counties in the UP bordering WI (me) are on central time and all others are on Eastern. It took me half my life to figure out what the Hell time it is 20 miles away from me.

Sorry, a bit of a rant. The fest looks cool. Its on my calender.
Quote:
Originally Posted by YooperBrew View Post
Bernie and lschiavo, if you're not going to Kohler, we're having a fish fry at the cottage on the Saturday of Memorial Day weekend. You're always welcome if you don't have anything better to do.
Because whenever I invite Yooper to something around here, she doesn't show up. So her honorary cheesehead moniker is in jeopardy . And if hers is in jeopardy, then all Yoopers mus be included in that. So blame her.
__________________
I like to squeeze the nickle until the buffalo craps-mt rob

"Why don't we get drunk and screw?" Jimmy Buffett
Bernie Brewer is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2010, 02:00 PM   #6
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Yooper's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: Upper Michigan
Posts: 60,591
Liked 4343 Times on 3158 Posts
Likes Given: 845

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Brewer View Post
Because whenever I invite Yooper to something around here, she doesn't show up. So her honorary cheesehead moniker is in jeopardy . And if hers is in jeopardy, then all Yoopers mus be included in that. So blame her.
BS! I've come all the way to Milwaukee a couple of times. I couldn't come to the last brew day because my free place to stay isn't there any more!

Oh, and Bernie- how many times exactly have you come north to attend one of my invites? Yeah. That's what I thought.
__________________
Broken Leg Brewery
Giving beer a leg to stand on since 2006
Yooper is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 05-08-2010, 02:24 PM   #7
Bernie Brewer
Grouchy Old Fart
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
 
Bernie Brewer's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Join Date: Feb 2006
Location: Eldorado, WI
Posts: 7,539
Liked 109 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by YooperBrew View Post
BS! I've come all the way to Milwaukee a couple of times. I couldn't come to the last brew day because my free place to stay isn't there any more!

Oh, and Bernie- how many times exactly have you come north to attend one of my invites? Yeah. That's what I thought.

Ha! I KNEW you were gonna say that!!! But you only come to Milwaukee when ollllo or Dude comes to town, not when one of us lowly locals sends you and invite! So there. Nyah.



EDIT: Your free place to stay? What happened to Sause? Why am I the last one to hear about these things????

Oh, and you know I have lots of room.......you coulda stayed here.
__________________
I like to squeeze the nickle until the buffalo craps-mt rob

"Why don't we get drunk and screw?" Jimmy Buffett
Bernie Brewer is offline
 
Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Reply


Quick Reply
Message:
Options
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Memorial Weekend Wheat Questions Sully123 General Beer Discussion 0 05-07-2009 01:11 AM
My Memorial Day Weekend Keg Setup Jonnio Bottling/Kegging 13 09-24-2008 06:39 PM
What to Brew Memorial Weekend? Reverend JC General Beer Discussion 7 05-21-2008 10:53 PM
What Brewing this Memorial Day Weekend? Brewsmith General Beer Discussion 28 05-31-2006 12:41 AM