Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South West USA > New Mexico HomeBrew Forum > Brewing in NM

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 02-08-2014, 11:36 PM   #21
ABQScott
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by StarrHill View Post
After ten days of primary, 5 days of "cold crash" in my 45 degree garage, a week of dry hopping (in the primary) and two weeks in bottles, my first batch, a BIAB ESB, is drinkable! Had two bottles yesterday, and really was pleased with the results. I'm not sure if I'm tasting some faint oxidation flavors, but there definitely aren't any prominent off flavors that I can tell. I'd like to offer a few bottles to someone local to give me tasting notes and advice on how to improve future batches. Any one of you Corraleños want some free beer?

Hey, I'd like to try your ESB but I can't isolate and identify off flavors that well. A guy who works at the The Grain Hopper - forgot his name - is a certified beer judge and is willing to give feedback on homebrews. He's tried a couple of my beers.

I'll probably have a brew day next weekend. Thinking Saturday AM or Sunday early afternoon. Lemme know if you want to come over and brew.

Scott

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 02-09-2014, 12:44 AM   #22
StarrHill
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Hey, Scott, I'd love to brew next weekend. I've got my ESB drinking, and an apricot wheat that I'll be bottling next week, but I can always get something else going! I've been wanting to try a saison, so I'll probably be doing something like that.

Send me a PM with your address or number and let me know saturday or sunday. I'll bring over a few bottles of my ESB.

Thanks for the tip on the Grain Hopper. I'll take a bottle up there for feedback.

Old 03-22-2014, 04:38 PM   #23
RedNDusty
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by buzzny View Post
Hi neighbor! BTW - I make wine & grow hops too.

Fantastic buzzny! I'm kickin around the idea of growing my own hops. I'm down here in Las Cruces and I'm curious to know which type of hop will survive the hot and dry climate.

Sent from my iPhone using Home Brew

Old 05-02-2014, 08:37 PM   #24
LLBrewer
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 8 Posts
Likes Given: 6

Quote:
Originally Posted by notjustanyjoe View Post
Are you here in the LL area too? Right now I'm starting off my adventure into this hobby with some Forum favorites. I have a carboy with Skeeter Pee and another with EdWort's Apfelwein. I'm trying to get more bottles and a good kettle to start a basic batch of beer for my next one but i'm still learning the process. Can't wait to start taste testing
Hey just found this subforum. I'm in Los Lunas also, west of the freeway. Me and a buddy brew just about once a week. We are probably closing in on 5-6 barrels since last summer.

Old 05-13-2014, 09:23 PM   #25
nmbrewboyz
Recipes 

NM brew boys here south of Gallup...anyone interested in going in together on a group buy for 20 to 30 bags of grain?

Nmbrewboyz

Old 05-22-2014, 04:36 PM   #26
bhaskins1
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 7 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default interested

Quote:
Originally Posted by nmbrewboyz View Post
NM brew boys here south of Gallup...anyone interested in going in together on a group buy for 20 to 30 bags of grain?

Nmbrewboyz
I would be open to discussing this. Not sure if it would be feasible with me being in ABQ. Did you have an idea of where from?
-B

Icould really use a spell cheker here.

Old 05-22-2014, 09:45 PM   #27
nmbrewboyz
Recipes 

No idea how to do it, but we are interested if possible

Nmbrewboyz

Old 07-29-2014, 05:23 PM   #28
Agentaaron
Recipes 

All this time on the boards and I just noticed we have our own sub-forum...

I am in Belen (just south of Los Lunas for those who may not know).

have been brewing since 1999ish, started with a Mr. Beer kit a friend bought me and graduated up to All Grain...lately due to space and time constraints, I mostly modify extracts and do partial mashes inside on the weekends.

Once I can get my backyard in order, I plan on building a brew shed to move back to AG.

give a man a beer and he'll waste an hour...teach a man to brew and he'll waste a lifetime.

Quick Reply