Albuquerque gathering

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Brewpastor

Beer, not rocket chemistry
Reaction score
OK Duke City talkers, how about getting together? Might as well have some faces with these handles. I have met a few. Post here and lets see what we can get going. Send me a PM and I will try to arrange something. Lets keep bumping this thread until we have a solid group pulled together.

Peace- BP

Me judge beers? No. My nose has about the least sensitivity out of anyone I know, which can really interfere with some nuanced flavors/aromas. I've been attempting to hone it some though.

I had forgot that that was coming up though! I'll have to remember to check it out.

Also, bump. Anyone out there? Bueller?

This weekend is shot, but maybe next weekend.

Sorry to hear about the playhouse fire.

Did you hear about Mel's Dunkel? Best Lager at the State Fair

Pee Wee has a playhouse, I have a clubhouse.
And Thanks. Should be ready to move back in sometime next week. All the beer made it through OK. Just all the plastic stuff was heavally smoke damaged. So I get new hoses and stuff now.

Bump!
There will be a brewing get together this sunday in the north valley. Three different brewers brewing three different beers. If your interested PM me and I'll give you directions.

Great bump. I am in Washington, but this is a great push.

I almost bought you a PeeWee tap handle for you play house. Maybe I still will.

Any chance you guys are up for a visit from an out of towner? I am in Roswell area for 3 more weekends till I head out of the area over to Texas for a bit. Been looking for some local brew action.

SpamDog

Bump. I would enjoy meeting up somewhere for a beer or two. My weekends have been shot recently due to grad school work, but I think that may taper off for a few weeks.

On a side note, are any of you guys going to Hopfest?

Bump. I would enjoy meeting up somewhere for a beer or two. My weekends have been shot recently due to grad school work, but I think that may taper off for a few weeks.

On a side note, are any of you guys going to Hopfest?

I was definitely thinking about doing the hopfest. Trying to get some guys together....It's this Friday, the 16th. I will make it if I can.

I've got tickets already so I will be there barring major disasters. I am trying to recruit a few more people. Last year's was pretty cool and I heard that this year will incorporate a few local breweries.

I can't see Jeff not being a part of this, but Chama isn't listed on the website. If he's not brewing for it he should be there anyway. I almost got early tickets, but missed the Street Team. I found out about Hopfest on Wed over a Chama watching the Yankee's play. We've got to advertise better around this town. We should just setup a time to meet and see who makes it to join you. Pretty sure Ben will be there.

I can't see Jeff not being a part of this, but Chama isn't listed on the website. If he's not brewing for it he should be there anyway. I almost got early tickets, but missed the Street Team. I found out about Hopfest on Wed over a Chama watching the Yankee's play. We've got to advertise better around this town. We should just setup a time to meet and see who makes it to join you. Pretty sure Ben will be there.

Yea, I knew that hopfest was coming, and I had the week, then I forgot about it, then remembered, then forgot, etc. I mean there is like no advertising out there, period.

Heck, it's not even on the city of ABQ's event schedule, or any of the event schedules for the city. Those usually seem pretty comprehensive, and the hopfest is conspicuously absent. The event definitely needs some more promotion.

I'm working on the kitchen pass. About half a dozen of my friends are going. A friend is having a party on Friday, but I haven't committed (although my wife may have). I should know by the end of the day whether I'm going to the hopfest or not.

What's the deal with tickets? I take it that I can buy them there?

I just checked the website and they say 72% sold out. I am going to see how the GF feels today/tomorrow and then get tickets. The website to buy tickets has a print at home option, so could just do that. I might swing by Chama and ask Jeff what the deal is. I told a bunch of people at work, but they never hang out.

:off: Jeff has his Lager strain 2124 available if you email him and bring a clean growler before Friday.

lol, jsut got the notice that Chama River has decided to show up......That wouldn't have to do with any pressure put on Jeff by someone, would it?!?!

lol, jsut got the notice that Chama River has decided to show up......That wouldn't have to do with any pressure put on Jeff by someone, would it?!?!

If Jeff wasn't there because of a festival/vacation/Family or something I would question it. He is such a HUGE hop head!

Whipping up a batch of Green Chili Stew to get the GF well. Wish me luck :rockin:

I'll be there. I will probably be the only one with a Sin City Brewing Company T-shirt so I should be easy enough to spot (that and I'm 6'2 with long hair). If any of you guys are in the Dukes, I may already know you. :mug:

I'm looking forward to tasting a few good beers. The brewery lineup is already way better than last year's.

:off: Last year we were supposed to get a full-size pint glass, but the guy checking tickets said APD stepped in and said that it was too dangerous. People would likely break the glasses and use them for fighting. Somehow I doubt too many gangbangers will pay $30 to drink a bunch of hoppy beers...

:off: Last year we were supposed to get a full-size pint glass, but the guy checking tickets said APD stepped in and said that it was too dangerous. People would likely break the glasses and use them for fighting. Somehow I doubt too many gangbangers will pay $30 to drink a bunch of hoppy beers...
That's pretty awesome. A broken pint glass is one of the worst weapons that I can think of. It's not like you can get a good, strong grip to really jab someone with like with a broken bottle. I'd rather have my keys, or a pencil.

I may have to try this at some point....It just seems to absurdly impossible.

What did they hand out last year? Was it plastic cups?

I'm not sure if I'll be there till 9 or leave early and get my brew going. I am shooting to get downtown around 5ish. Not a big fan of APD and downtown since they are everywhere glaring at you till you get in your car and try to leave. Those crazy days/nights are behind me except for a few occasions, but ever since I got hit by a drunk driver I don't take any chances. I trip over my rug or slip on the floor in the kitchen getting to the kegerator in the house.

Should be a good time and see you there!

I'm not sure if I'll be there till 9 or leave early and get my brew going. I am shooting to get downtown around 5ish. Not a big fan of APD and downtown since they are everywhere glaring at you till you get in your car and try to leave. Those crazy days/nights are behind me except for a few occasions, but ever since I got hit by a drunk driver I don't take any chances. I trip over my rug or slip on the floor in the kitchen getting to the kegerator in the house.

Should be a good time and see you there!

Pretty much none of my friends were smart enough to buy tickets beforehand....smart fellas :cross: They're going to show up and try to get in.

Brewpastor: Why not both?!!? :rockin:

I'll be there. I will probably be the only one with a Sin City Brewing Company T-shirt so I should be easy enough to spot (that and I'm 6'2 with long hair).

I didn't manage to see any dude's in a Sin City Brewing Company shirt with long hair. It got pretty packed though. We were there at 5:30, and and hit most breweries by 6:30. Early on, at lot of them weren't taking the sampling tickets, but giving you the beer. We needed a break, so we had some pizza. Went out for another round and split at ~8pm.

It was a good time. I really hope that they keep expanding it.

We got there at about 7 and stayed til the end. It was definitely packed. It was nice to see a good turn out from a brewery and visitor perspective. I was also glad to see Chama and Marble made it.

People kept giving us tickets as they were leaving. I still had half a dozen tickets when we left, but I I'm sure I got my 24+ samples.

Back