Heading to Hell...AKA Yuma, AZ

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AFAJ Brew Guy

Reaction score
So I don't know how I go talked into it but I will be heading off to Yuma, AZ at the end of the week. Now in the past when I have been there I have pretty much struck out when it comes to finding a good beer. So any southern AZ natives out there that know of a good brew pub or at least bottle shop in or around Yuma that I can get some quality beer?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

It's been my experience that the military towns in AZ have a good selection of quality beer at the grocery store.

heck, I think the first place I found San Miguel in Arizona was at the Safeway in Sierra Vista (Ft. Huachucha).

sorry I can't help with Yuma...

Burgers & Beer
321 W 20th St
Yuma, AZ 85364-5616

Been a while, but they're still around, unlike Monarch. Last time I was in Yuma, my ice cream cone melted between the restaurant and the car, about a 100 foot walk. I truly believe it is hotter than Las Vegas or Phoenix.

So I just moved to Hell as well (Yuma Az) and I am planning on starting to brew in the winter season since the heat is so ridiculous here. I am looking for anyone brewing in this area to meet up with or talk to learn from and hang with.

So I just moved to Hell as well (Yuma Az) and I am planning on starting to brew in the winter season since the heat is so ridiculous here. I am looking for anyone brewing in this area to meet up with or talk to learn from and hang with.

I'm heading down to see my dad for chirstmas and i'm going to bring him some home brewing stuff to get him started. I need to find a home brew supply store and stuff. I'd be down to hang and talk about brewing.

I'll be PCS-ing out there sometime this summer. Can you give me a reconnoiter of the area's attractions (aka pubs and homebrew supply shops)? Does the water get cold enough for wort-cooling purposes? Does the price of water adversely affect the economy of brewing?

I'll be PCS-ing out there sometime this summer. Can you give me a reconnoiter of the area's attractions (aka pubs and homebrew supply shops)? Does the water get cold enough for wort-cooling purposes? Does the price of water adversely affect the economy of brewing?

Not sure about local attractions in Yuma...but

As far as the water goes, it kinda depends on th thouse. many of the older homes here have plumbing that makes it so you have very warm, or hot tap water. No cold water in the summer, so a chiller would need to be done with an ice bath (what i do). The water quality varies here depending on the area, some homes are on wells (like mine) in the city you would be using the municipal supply. If you are on a well, you might be able to use the water from the well (I do) and it works great. Bottled water is cheep..so if you have to use bottled water, it won't break the bank. Actually around here, there are water filling vending machines that you can fill a 5 gallon bottle with for pretty cheep...

heading to Yuma for 3 weeks for work, its not my first time there so I know a few good places to eat but since burgers and beers pricing has got outrageous I am on the lookout for a new place with a good beer selection. any good beer stores? I would like to buy some beer in bottles I cant find out here on the east coast.

Nice this time of year but hot as hell in the summer. Lived there for almost three years wasn't much there to see.

Time for a revival. I'll be out there in February. My best friend brews up in Phoenix, so we will probably brewing up there for the most part, just because of the accessibility of ingredients with the added bonus of instant gratification and a lack of high-and-tight's. If there's anyone around when I get there, brew company is good company. I will likely EAS from there in Sep 2015, so anyone who stumbles through on a WTI or other unfortunate event, my doors will be open.

The selection in Yuma has grown alot over the past couple of years for sure. For stores, check out Valley Liquor, Beverage House, or Sunshine Market. For bars, go to Brewers or Pint House.

I agree with the above post. Pint House has a very nice selection. Most of the liquor stores in town are well stocked as well. As far as home brew stores though, I've been here for about 6 months and haven't found anything local. Most of them are up near Chandler/Phoenix. I'll be stationed here for about 3.5 more years though so if folks are in town and want to talk homebrewing/craft beer I'm definitely game.

Awesome! Well I'm here now. Been to Brewer's Connection in Tempe, as well as Brewer's, Pint House, and a few of the liquor stores in town.

See the brewery opening up across from the Pint House?

Yeah, I think it's actually theirs and will start making some of their own brew. There's PintFest April 26 at the old prison from 3-7 too. Featuring craft beers and such.

Sent from my iPhone using Magic and deception.

Yeah I saw that, but there's maybe one or two legit local craft brews. They've got like Miller and Blue Moon, and Shock Top crap.

Didn't realize that. Another good liquor store recommended by a fellow Homebrewer here in Yuma is Valley liquor on 24th st. It has the best selection I've seen so far. Cheers!!

BTW. Check out Yumaz Homebrew on Facebook. He has a we page too. Hosts brew days each month. Think the one in May is the 10th if you're interested. Cheers.

Cool! I should be too unless the babysitter falls through. Even then, I'm still gonna swing by with the brood but just wot stay as long. Cheers!!

Sent from my iPhone using The tears of Viking fans.

Totally missed the brew day last weekend... But! I did upgrade my AG system. I hear the guys there are doing extract. Maybe I can bring my rig if that's the case.

Travis is working the BIAB until he gets his all grain up and running. He will do extracts because there have been quite a few beginners and it cuts down on brew time and leaves more time for socializing. I showed up wit only one brew under my belt and have learned a lot in just a few meetings. Look forward to picking your brain on the future...cheers!!

I stopped in at the Beverage Warehouse on a whim to see if they had caught up on the awesome trend in Yuma to bring a bigger, better beer selection. They have! I was able to locate several beers that I have never had and am now at least seven beers closer to my "Legendary" badge on Untappd!

Go check em out.

Nice, definitely my favorite place in town. Just keep an eye on their "enjoy by" dates.

I've heard that it improved. Need to get in there and check it out.

Back