The Great Bottle Opener Giveaway

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South West USA > Arizona HomeBrew Forum > Heading to Hell...AKA Yuma, AZ

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 08-05-2009, 06:19 PM   #1
AFAJ Brew Guy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default Heading to Hell...AKA Yuma, AZ

So I don't know how I go talked into it but I will be heading off to Yuma, AZ at the end of the week. Now in the past when I have been there I have pretty much struck out when it comes to finding a good beer. So any southern AZ natives out there that know of a good brew pub or at least bottle shop in or around Yuma that I can get some quality beer?

Any help is greatly appreciated!

"There seems to be an over abundance of beer related items in this house." -SWMBO

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-06-2009, 09:12 PM   #2
AFAJ Brew Guy
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

No one huh? Figured that may be the case. It is going to be a dry week.

"There seems to be an over abundance of beer related items in this house." -SWMBO

Old 08-06-2009, 09:37 PM   #3
AZ_IPA
PKU
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 5980 Times on 5251 Posts
Likes Given: 671

It's been my experience that the military towns in AZ have a good selection of quality beer at the grocery store.

heck, I think the first place I found San Miguel in Arizona was at the Safeway in Sierra Vista (Ft. Huachucha).

sorry I can't help with Yuma...

Old 08-06-2009, 09:57 PM   #4
david_42

Recipes 

Liked 131 Times on 124 Posts

Burgers & Beer
321 W 20th St
Yuma, AZ 85364-5616

Been a while, but they're still around, unlike Monarch. Last time I was in Yuma, my ice cream cone melted between the restaurant and the car, about a 100 foot walk. I truly believe it is hotter than Las Vegas or Phoenix.

Remember one unassailable statistic, as explained by the late, great George Carlin: "Just think of how stupid the average person is, and then realize half of them are even stupider!"

"I would like to die on Mars, just not on impact." Elon Musk

Last edited by david_42; 08-06-2009 at 09:59 PM.
cheddarhed3 Likes This 
Old 08-16-2009, 04:01 AM   #5
DryHeat
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

The Beverage House on 4th and 32nd has a decent selection. Its in the same shopping center as Albertsons.

Old 08-04-2011, 09:44 PM   #6
CRGUSMC
Recipes 

So I just moved to Hell as well (Yuma Az) and I am planning on starting to brew in the winter season since the heat is so ridiculous here. I am looking for anyone brewing in this area to meet up with or talk to learn from and hang with.

Old 11-29-2011, 06:30 AM   #7
mattymatumbo
Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRGUSMC View Post
So I just moved to Hell as well (Yuma Az) and I am planning on starting to brew in the winter season since the heat is so ridiculous here. I am looking for anyone brewing in this area to meet up with or talk to learn from and hang with.
I'm heading down to see my dad for chirstmas and i'm going to bring him some home brewing stuff to get him started. I need to find a home brew supply store and stuff. I'd be down to hang and talk about brewing.

Old 02-09-2012, 06:00 PM   #8
ArkhamAsylum
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by CRGUSMC View Post
I'll be PCS-ing out there sometime this summer. Can you give me a reconnoiter of the area's attractions (aka pubs and homebrew supply shops)? Does the water get cold enough for wort-cooling purposes? Does the price of water adversely affect the economy of brewing?

If a watched pot never boils, doesn't that imply that watching a boiling pot will cool it down faster?

Note: Reading this post increases your BAC by 50%.

Old 02-13-2012, 12:15 AM   #9
wolfstar
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 28 Posts
Likes Given: 106

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArkhamAsylum View Post
I'll be PCS-ing out there sometime this summer. Can you give me a reconnoiter of the area's attractions (aka pubs and homebrew supply shops)? Does the water get cold enough for wort-cooling purposes? Does the price of water adversely affect the economy of brewing?
Not sure about local attractions in Yuma...but

As far as the water goes, it kinda depends on th thouse. many of the older homes here have plumbing that makes it so you have very warm, or hot tap water. No cold water in the summer, so a chiller would need to be done with an ice bath (what i do). The water quality varies here depending on the area, some homes are on wells (like mine) in the city you would be using the municipal supply. If you are on a well, you might be able to use the water from the well (I do) and it works great. Bottled water is cheep..so if you have to use bottled water, it won't break the bank. Actually around here, there are water filling vending machines that you can fill a 5 gallon bottle with for pretty cheep...

Check out Hidden Valley Wolfdog Sanctuary on facebook.

http://www.facebook.com/pages/Hidden...82770901746380

Working to save unwanted Wolfdogs from euthenasia, and educating the public about the joys and trials of Wolfdog and other exotic canid companionship.

Old 02-19-2012, 01:51 AM   #10
nvr2low
Recipes 

Likes Given: 4

heading to Yuma for 3 weeks for work, its not my first time there so I know a few good places to eat but since burgers and beers pricing has got outrageous I am on the lookout for a new place with a good beer selection. any good beer stores? I would like to buy some beer in bottles I cant find out here on the east coast.

Quick Reply