Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South West USA > Utah HomeBrew Forum > UGH! Where are all the homebrewers?!?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-27-2010, 08:10 AM   #1
dp69_2001
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Default UGH! Where are all the homebrewers?!?

Anyways, I started a Facebook Home brewing group with the hopes of finding some of the brewers in or around Richfield Utah. So far it's been pretty lame. I know of a handful, and I know there are more out there.

Maybe there are some on the forum. I'd really like to find a group of individuals to start brewing with, and sharing brews, recipes, ideas, n other ****. So if you happen to be a brewer in and/or around Richfield Utah, or not, add http://www.facebook.com/pages/Richfi...284429?ref=sgm

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-27-2010, 11:52 AM   #2
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2776 Times on 1660 Posts
Likes Given: 3489

They are probably hiding from the Morman Police.

Seriously with it being Utah, using Facebook to try to bring homebrewers together may not be the best idea. Don't forget Homebrewing was just legalized in your state last year. And even legalized you still have to deal with the fact the Utah is a pretty "straight laced" state. I'm sure there are a lot of homebrewers who have bosses who are Morman, or live in communities where it would be frowned upon so they're a little more circumspect in advertising the fact that they make and drink beer.

And since everyone and their mother is on facebook these days they may not be so quick to jump on your facebook bandwagon.

You're better off creating a subforum on HERE where there already are Utah brewers, and where this is a less public space.

In fact I looked and there's already an HBT Utah Club. Oh I just realized that you started the club on here. (I was going to point you out to that site but I see it is you.)

Do you have a nearby homebrew shop? Post something there. In 2 weeks it is "Learn To Homebrew Day" do you know if there's any events going on around you, like at a homebrew shop? If not I would start one, and simply post the time and place on your facebook page, but NOT make it so people have to rsvp, or like or anything public, just put it up and see who bites on the 6th.

You may find out you have a lot of lurkers on there who just don't feel comfortable signing on something so public like facebook. And may turn up on the 6th.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 10-27-2010, 02:25 PM   #3
cruckin78
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 3

All that sounds like solid Advice Rev!! I'm glad I have a local HBS, and the North Florida Brewers League. Plenty of brewers in my area to hang out with, I cant wait till the next meeting

Excessive Hoppyness Brewing
Tap 1: Falling Leaf Oktoberfest Ale
Tap 2:Kickback Chcoclate Stout
Kegged:Cold Night Winter Warmer
Primary 1: American Amber Ale
Primary 2: American Amber Ale
Primary 3:
Coming up:
Bottled:nothing :(

Excessive Hoppyness Brew Pub
Beer Reviews, and Brewery Updates!
www.excessivehoppyness.blogspot.com <----NEW REVIEWS ADDED!

Old 11-01-2010, 09:12 PM   #4
dp69_2001
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

The LHBS here is in Salt Lake. Yeah, I've posted many events and such, asked around a lot. There are a few people that I know who already brew here, and a few more that are interested in starting. But, I'm interested in finding more so that the ones that I do know and the others can.... well, ya know.

Old 11-01-2010, 09:15 PM   #5
Revvy

Recipes 

Well have you found a "Learn to brew/teach a friend to brew" even anywhere for this coming saturday, this would be the weekend to connect with some new ones.

Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

Old 11-01-2010, 09:19 PM   #6
Revvy

Recipes 

Ugh, you're right it's pretty dry your way...hey the OP is a member here, pompeiskies

http://www.homebrewersassociation.or...c=4185.new#new

Old 11-01-2010, 10:04 PM   #7
dp69_2001
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Sweet. There was also a thread going on at TxBrew's new forum: http://www.cityprofile.com/forum/utah/brewing-your-own-beer-2631/index2.html#post33007

Maybe I'll find some peoples.

Old 11-02-2010, 03:44 PM   #8
Malticulous
Recipes 

Liked 56 Times on 47 Posts
Likes Given: 74

We have a group there for us futher south,
http://www.facebook.com/group.php?gi...9758867&v=wall

Haven't seen you around much but we have talked before. I was born in Richfield but now live in St. George.

Old 11-12-2010, 03:42 AM   #9
Warwick316
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

I'm in Sandy Ut, quite far from Richfield.

Old 12-28-2010, 07:18 PM   #10
tv187u
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Looking for the same in Salt Lake City. There is ZZHops, but they can be a bit crazy and don't really like amateurs from what I hear.

Quick Reply