Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Last Sponsor Giveaway of the Year!

Come Enter the BrewDeals/FastFerment Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South West USA > Utah HomeBrew Forum > Might be moving to Utah

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-31-2012, 09:53 PM   #21
MrLucky
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Interesting. Good to know.

Airline Employee? - TalkAirline.com

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 08-01-2012, 12:41 AM   #22
Rdallas
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by nebben

FWIW, 3.2% is not ABV: it's 4.0% ABV and 3.2 ABW. The rest of the world talks about beer in %ABV (a higher number), and when talking about Utah beer, they use %ABW (a smaller number) in order to make it sound even more dilute than it is
Yup, my bad.

Old 08-08-2012, 12:23 AM   #23
Gameface
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 228 Times on 146 Posts
Likes Given: 309

The most frustrating thing for me about Utah liquor laws is that they don't make any sense and don't accomplish anything. The people that make our liquor laws are not involved in the food and beverage industry and almost none of them drink, at all.

But we get by. I think we all try extra hard to live our lives the way we want to and not let silly restrictions get us down. I think it makes for a very vibrant counter culture that is almost invisible to the world outside Utah, but is very much alive and kicking inside Utah.

Old 08-08-2012, 02:42 AM   #24
TimpanogosSlim
Feedback Score: 1 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 76 Times on 67 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gameface View Post
The most frustrating thing for me about Utah liquor laws is that they don't make any sense and don't accomplish anything. The people that make our liquor laws are not involved in the food and beverage industry and almost none of them drink, at all.

But we get by. I think we all try extra hard to live our lives the way we want to and not let silly restrictions get us down. I think it makes for a very vibrant counter culture that is almost invisible to the world outside Utah, but is very much alive and kicking inside Utah.
Yeah, but in reference to that sort of thing i am reminded of the episode of "Insomniac" that Dave Attell filmed in salt lake city.

Specifically, the house party he goes to, where people in the basement have worked out this really complex system where they drill a hole through a block of ice so that they can awkwardly drink ice cold jagermeister.

After watching that for 30 seconds or so, he takes the bottle, says "You do it like this", and takes a swig.

Trying Too Hard, some of 'em.

I'm pretty sure it was Joseph Smith who said you'll always know a mormon because they can never drink or curse convincingly.

Old 09-02-2012, 12:03 AM   #25
Beers4BG
Recipes 

If your interested in keeping up with the Utah beer scene than Mike's Blog is the place. http://utahbeer.blogspot.com/

Quick Reply