Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Brewing Events & Local Gatherings > South West USA > Nevada HomeBrew Forum > Good Places to Drink in Vegas

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2009, 12:13 PM   #11
ohiobrewtus
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by weirdboy View Post
I had never heard of it before I saw pictures in another thread, but Freakin Frog looks awesome.
I certainly enjoyed Freakin Frog.

Quote:
Originally Posted by philrose View Post
freakin frog was a huge disappointment. half a dozen ho-hum taps (delerium tremens, chimay white, NB abbey etc) I have to say, Vegas is not a beer town.

My advice is to check bags and byob. Or maybe I'm just spoiled in seattle, where the beer flows like wine!
I think you're just spoiled in Seattle. I didn't have anything from the taps at Freakin Frog. If you're not hitting up beers from their cooler stash you're doing yourself a disservice.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-10-2009, 12:41 PM   #12
BeerBudha
Recipes 

I know this is a little late but next time youre out there try The Chicago Brewing Company it's way off the strip but one of my favorites when I lived out there. Also if you just want a run of the mill bar thats fun try Money Plays on Decatur and Flamingo it's a fun bar with a awsome taco shop right next door.

Old 07-10-2009, 03:39 PM   #13
philrose
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 21

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobrewtus View Post
I certainly enjoyed Freakin Frog.

I think you're just spoiled in Seattle. I didn't have anything from the taps at Freakin Frog. If you're not hitting up beers from their cooler stash you're doing yourself a disservice.

Yeah, I did get my first taste of St Bernadus Prior 8 from that cooler...maybe I was just being snarky because I was expecting a place like brouwer's cafe
Planning- Witbier

@philthebrewer

Quick Reply