Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Your better half's biggest foible

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-01-2010, 03:32 PM   #1
shecky
HBT_MODERATOR.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 3497 Times on 3388 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Default Your better half's biggest foible

Cleaning the house today and something struck me: I spend as much time picking up my kids' crap and putting it back where it belongs as I do my wife's crap.

The irony is my wife is always complaining about the clutter despite the fact that much of it is hers. I find her music stuff all over the place. Shoes in every room. Nearly every day I hear, "Where are my car keys and purse?" That, of course, means they're not where they belong.

This is not meant as a bitch thread. I just want to know what's the thing that drives you nuts about your spouse/better half that you just overlook in the interest of harmony, that one thing that gnaws but isn't worth arguing over.

I love my wife dearly. She's an amazing woman. But for God's sake, woman, put stuff back.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-01-2010, 03:36 PM   #2
motobrewer
I'm no atheist scientist, but...
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 211 Times on 186 Posts
Likes Given: 369

i'm with you.

when we moved into this house from an apartment, I thought, yes, now my living room will be clear of kids' crap. Their bedrooms are huge. One of their bedrooms is bigger than our apt living room, by a good margin.

Guess what? our living room is still full of crap. baby toys freakin' everywhere. WTF?!

Old 12-01-2010, 03:38 PM   #3
Yooper
Ale's What Cures You!
HBT_ADMIN.png

Recipes 

Liked 4366 Times on 3174 Posts
Likes Given: 850

That's Bob's biggest foible, too. He NEVER puts things back where he got them. He's always looking for a hammer, wrench, pliers, etc, so I have my own. I always put everything back where it goes. I can tell you right now where anything I own is. He can't even find his glasses in the morning because he never puts them on the nightstand two days in a row. I know that's just how he is, so I don't let it annoy me too much.

The thing that drives me crazy is that he can't find his 7/8" deep socket, so he'll come and borrow MINE. I say, "Fine, but bring it back". Yeah, right! So now I can't find MY socket. ARGGGGHHHHH!

Old 12-01-2010, 03:47 PM   #4
shecky
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

The worst part is, I'm trying desperately to get the girls to put stuff away after they use it. However, when mommy has three library books on the coffee table, four more on the dining room table and five on the kitchen counter, I come off as hypocritical.

Old 12-01-2010, 03:50 PM   #5
Chenslee
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

OMG that is the life I'm living too.

We have an extra bed room, it's knee deep in unwashed clothes and junk. There is a rocking chair and a computer in there somewhere.

She can't find anything. I asked her to get a pair of gloves and told her exactly where they were, she yells "there are some rubber gloves in here..." Later I found the gloves I wanted ON TOP of the rubber gloves. I mean, they were right there.

She lost her keys, borrowed mine, LOST mine, and had to use the valet key for a few days until the others showed up. One time she lost her keys and asked me to help find them. They were in her purse, the first place I looked.

Half finished projects get abandoned. She still hasn't got the curtains back up from Halloween. I'm sure the neighbors are getting tired of looking at my junk.

On the other hand, she's a great mom and can cook the dickens out of anything.

Old 12-01-2010, 03:54 PM   #6
Hugh_Jass
Recipes 

Liked 28 Times on 27 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Largest problem w/ Mrs. Jass:

She's constantly obsessing about putting things away. Always tidying up around the place. Picking up after the the kids and me. Leave some crap lying around fer cryin out loud. It makes the place look lived in.

Old 12-01-2010, 03:59 PM   #7
Flomaster
Recipes 

Liked 31 Times on 29 Posts
Likes Given: 37

OP hit the nail on the head my SWMBO is a stay at home mom who baby sites 1-3 other rug rats. now I understand toys out of place, but mail, paperwork, and just stuff not put up when its done really bugs me I just deal with it because well she lets me work on my hobbies which cost much more than she spends on her self.

car keys, cell phone are alway gone a missing.

I love SWMBO but wish she would pick up after HER self. I work mon-friday 7-4 and friday and sat 4:30-10 to support us financially I wish the house work could just stay in order.

Hugh Jass my SWMBO is complete opposite, laundy alway half done and scattered all over the place, kitchen tabled used for any but eating at, etc etc.

-=Jason=-

Old 12-01-2010, 04:08 PM   #8
shecky
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hugh_Jass View Post
Largest problem w/ Mrs. Jass:

She's constantly obsessing about putting things away. Always tidying up around the place. Picking up after the the kids and me. Leave some crap lying around fer cryin out loud. It makes the place look lived in.
I like her even more now.

My wife obsesses about putting laundry away. It absolutely cannot sit in a basket for more than 10 minutes. Me, I travel a good deal so I'm used to living out of a suitcase at times. No different picking clothes out of a laundry basket.

Sorta runs counter to her inability to put anything else away.

Old 12-01-2010, 04:18 PM   #9
elkdog
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yooper View Post

The thing that drives me crazy is that he can't find his 7/8" deep socket, so he'll come and borrow MINE. I say, "Fine, but bring it back". Yeah, right! So now I can't find MY socket. ARGGGGHHHHH!
His and hers socket sets make the perfect wedding gift.

Old 12-01-2010, 04:20 PM   #10
IrregularPulse
Hobby Collector
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 2762 Times on 2713 Posts
Likes Given: 118

My wife is always griping at me for leaving things lying around. Her nick name for me (when the boy is around) is H.A. (Half Asser). My biggest grip about her....her thinking things have to be done and put away right now because she wants them done. Despite them laying around for several days, it all of a sudden has to be done IMMEDIATELY. She is always asking me to do sometihng with my folded clothes instead of leaving them in the basket downstairs. I prefer to just pick them out of the basket. PLUS, I DON'T HAVE ANYWHERE TO PUT THEM UPSTAIRS seeing as how she took over the entire closet, the dresser stuffed in the closet, her mammoth dresser and let me with 1 4 drawer dresser.

I should have stuck to four fingers in Vegas. :o - marubozo

Quick Reply