Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > You started. You stopped. You started again...

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-10-2007, 03:29 PM   #11
Uncle Argyle
Feedback Score: 1 reviews

Recipes 

I brewed a few batches back in the early 90's and had no clue WTF I was doing. And then a couple of years ago, for one reason or another, I decided to look into the beer making thing again...and lo and behold this Internet thingy has a TON of information...

I think that the lack of access to information is what drove a lot of people off...hell, that might even apply to today for those that don't know where to look.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-11-2007, 02:56 PM   #12
jfrizzell
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts
Likes Given: 4

I got interested in brewing when I was in college. A local grocery store carried the ingredients and sold the equipment. I brewed a few 5 gal batches and enjoyed it. After I graduated, I had a job that kept me busy and traveling and I had no LHBS so I never really got back into it. Several years ago, I ran across a Mr. Beer kit. That got me interested in it again and after brewing a few different batches in the Mr. Beer system, I recently geared back up to do 5 gal batches again. I'll be brewing a Belgian wit this weekend and will be doing an Irish red after that.

Old 07-11-2007, 10:41 PM   #13
Bernie Brewer
Grouchy Old Fart
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 109 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Dunno, I brewed on through moves, having kids, basement remodels, what-have-you. When my beer gets low, it's time to brew.....

"Why don't we get drunk and screw?" Jimmy Buffett

Old 07-11-2007, 10:49 PM   #14
Brewtopia
"Greenwood Aged Beer"
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 13 Times on 8 Posts

I'm with Bernie. I brewed my first batch back in November/December 1991 and never stopped. I've been steadily increasing the amount of batches every year since then. I now brew most every weekend and sometimes during the week. (By the way Bernie, the last batch brewed on Sunday was your Red Baron Bock. I'll let you know how it turns out) There are some things in the works right now that may see me brewing daily! I'll let you all know if/when that works out.

Quick Reply