Wwocmfs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Caplan said:
I did note on one of the posts someone called him a 'd!ck' like Loop did on this site. Amazing coincidence.
People seem to be able to search deep into our marine friend's psyche and describe him so succinctly........;)

LOL....You know, I noticed that very same reference. Well, as it goes....if it walks like a duck and sounds like a duck....or is that d1ck!

loop

Entertainment my Ass.

I've met met some stupid grunts before (no offense)

But he's right (about Heavy Metal Toxicity with regards (french word) to Aluminum).

Too drunk right now but I have studied Heavy Metal Toxins and Excitotoxins with compassion.

Aluminum is bad $hit and it DOES contribute to Alzheimers disease.

usmc said:
Dont come off as a hard ass in the beginning of your statements, and then turn into a pus$y towards the end. If your going to be a hard ass stick with it. I
don't ever laugh at a marine! i will kill you!!! :mug:

BrewBrothaRick said:

Causes acute and sudden Impotence too.......:eek: "Honey have you ben brewing with aluminum again....?":D

(Ah come on! That was a damm good one!)

BrewBrothaRick said:
Entertainment my Ass.

I've met met some stupid grunts before (no offense)

But he's right (about Heavy Metal Toxicity with regards (french word) to Aluminum).

Too drunk right now but I have studied Heavy Metal Toxins and Excitotoxins with compassion.

Yeah ! Iron Maiden was badass too ! Caused deafness in some subjects.

Don't even get me started on Motorhead.:rockin:

Whoa, freaky. I was just looking at that thread on NB just this morning and lol'ing over our favorite marine's idiocy. Funny thing, I thought "I wonder what they'd think of this thread over at HB?" this morning, I guess I found out. BTW, the thread isn't gone, I just saw it on the second page of the General Forum.

My favorite quote from that thread: "So I'm getting these off flavors from my lead brewpot, and headaches too, how would one season it? I was thinking maybe boil some Draino in it."

The Happy Mug said:
Yes, bleach. Not just any bleach, however. Semper Fi brand bleach, the official bleach of Mensa and the aluminum pot society.

That my friend, is going to have to be my new sig. :D

have y'all read the one about how he says Ray Daniels is a strictly extract brewer?
and that 'Designing great beers' is all about extract beers only?

since ive yet to get said book in question im not able to impugn his remarks...(but i have a strong suspician he is wrong)

Its not that i love an argument (wait did i say that?) but i really want to get that book, and dont want an all extract reference book...

Bjorn Borg said:
have y'all read the one about how he says Ray Daniels is a strictly extract brewer?

since ive yet to get said book in question im not able to impugn his remarks...(but i have a strong suspician he is wrong)

Its not that i love an argument (wait did i say that?) but i really want to get that book, and dont want an all extract reference book...

it's not an ALL EXTRACT reference. I've only really read the chapters on various styles and how to form a recipe, and there is NO mention of extract other than when he shows recipe breakdowns for contest winners. These same charts that show the use of extract, also show the use of base malt.

I do not find the book to be extract-centric in ANY way at all.

-walker

Imperial Walker said:
it's not an ALL EXTRACT there is NO mention of extract other than when he shows recipe breakdowns for contest winners.

I do not find the book to be extract-centric in ANY way at all.

-walker

cool...usmcGomerPyle did mention something about "he won all these awards using only extract" or something like that, it sounded like he was talking out of ass...

Bjorn Borg said:
cool...usmcGomerPyle did mention something about "he won all these awards using only extract" or something like that, it sounded like he was talking out of ass...

I honestly can't say whether or not that is true. I never read the "about the author" or introduction stuff in the book, and jumped straight to the meat and potatoes. The meat and potatoes certainly does not focus on extract in any way.

I'd take a look at my book to see if the awards thing is true, but the book is out on loan right now and was last spotted in Florida.

-walker

I remember reading in the wheat section that he won a contest using an extract only recipe (I think I do, anyways). But I'm pretty sure he mentions AG brewing (as in he personally does it), as well. It's just that he is in no way biased against extract, nothing more than that.

At first when I read that I thought it must be a typo or something..... he is probably just screwing around.

Bjorn Borg said:

I just picked it up from Borders. It is certainly not an all extract book. So far in reading it I have not even found a recipe in it. He is very specific that no technique will be explained in this book and for somone who needs this explaination to look at the end to find a listing of such books. I do not seem to get a feeling that he is for either way realy. Mash or extract. It kinda feels like he does want to make sure people understand that with extract you can get some great beer that can win in competitions and such. I believe he mentioned in the beginning of the book that a survey was done and 5% of micors use Extract in thier recipes. Like I said, I am getting the feeling that he is doing this only because of a fear that he thinkls people believe that if you just want to do extract you will go nowhere, which we all know is not true. It appears that he wants to make sure this point is understood and gives examples of such.

I had just started reading it though. I like it. I saw it before and was not all that impressed. It was too dense for me before, but now with a bunch of books in my library this book really stands out and says something different.

The grand total is $6,071. Im not rich kid just a military man with a kid and a wife, so my pockets will be hurting after this purchase

My wife would **** a brick if I would be making a puchase like this.

Kai

Why does he say hes a "one family income" yet he says his wife is in the navy?

I gotta give this guy props for being REALLY into brewing though! Whatever lack of charactor he may have, he doesnt seem to lack passion for brewing, and thats cool in my book...:rockin:

Baron von BeeGee said:
I can't access that from work, which is maybe a good thing, but for some reason I feel a strong desire to rubberneck.

What I get from it, is he just bought a Sabco dream machine, that costs around 5 Gs, then in the same paragraph says he is a stay at home Dad and they are living on his wife's income.
Not surprising that he got booted from the marines, or possibly that he was never a marine to begin with. He is either a compulsive liar, or incredibly stupid, or both.

This kid obviously has some issues.

Dude said:
He is either a compulsive liar, or incredibly stupid, or both.

This kid obviously has some issues.

Yup. And I see he's making fast friends over at B3, too. The t00l certainly makes the rounds, huh? We'll have to keep an eye out for him on the green board.

In other news.....Sammy want Sabco Brew Magic. :(

Then again, Sammy do OK with Ghetto Fab system. :ban:

I'm an Army Infatryman stuck on a USMC HQ base, with only one other line company (boots, if you're a marine). My company and the Marine line company get along famously, 'cause we're all second class citizens in the eyes of the REMF's. I suspect usmcruz is probably a p.o.g., just from my experiences, because he seems like the kinda guy who'd pick a fight with a grunt in the chowhall, and then be suprised when said grunt is waiting for him outside. Just an observation of the Marines around me, certainly not a reflection of all Jarheads.

Biscuit.... I don't think anyone here thinks he represents the USMC as a whole, either. Dude and I are USAF, and our tech school is joint USMC/USAF/USN. We both know/have known many Marines, and there's no problem.

You at Ft Drum?

The internet seems to spawn people who thrash the simplest rules of civility. Maybe it is the faceless nature of the forum, but there are a few real jerks out there. I have enjoyed this board because of the relative lack of SOBs. Some of the other boards...

Unfortuantly, Drum is just a fond memory... Currently I'm in Iraq, but with any luck I'll be out of here before it really starts to get hot. I'm not stationed at Drum, though, I'm on the NG's 4 out of 6 plan. It's the one where you sign up for 6 years and spend 4 of them deployed... but I can't really complain (15 large for 6 more years? Gimme Gimme!)
Just want to restate, I've got much love for most of Marines, just can't stand people who think because they're a (Marine, Ranger, etc...) that means they know something.
I've found the best way to bring 'em down a notch is to point out that a Coastie will probably see more action in a 4 year tour than a (Marine, Ranger, etc...) will see in a 20 year career, and that the Army National Guard does 12-18 month tours, where (insert qualification) probably is only doing a 3-6 month trip.
I'll shut up now.

1ill_Biscuit said:
Unfortuantly, Drum is just a fond memory... Currently I'm in Iraq, but with any luck I'll be out of here before it really starts to get hot. I'm not stationed at Drum, though, I'm on the NG's 4 out of 6 plan. It's the one where you sign up for 6 years and spend 4 of them deployed... but I can't really complain (15 large for 6 more years? Gimme Gimme!)
Just want to restate, I've got much love for most of Marines, just can't stand people who think because they're a (Marine, Ranger, etc...) that means they know something.
I've found the best way to bring 'em down a notch is to point out that a Coastie will probably see more action in a 4 year tour than a (Marine, Ranger, etc...) will see in a 20 year career, and that the Army National Guard does 12-18 month tours, where (insert qualification) probably is only doing a 3-6 month trip.
I'll shut up now.

I hear you. Basically, I chalk it up to the being jerks everywhere, but no need to paint a whole group.

I was stationed at Drum for 2 1/2 years. Lovely place. Beats the hell out of Iraq, though! Welcome to the forum, and have a safy and speedy return! :mug:

SwAMi75 said:
I was stationed at Drum for 2 1/2 years. Lovely place. Beats the hell out of Iraq, though! Welcome to the forum, and have a safy and speedy return! :mug:

Don't ya love those raccoons, though? Them suckers could steal a MRE out of a safe in the armsroom! Thanks for the well-wishings, with any luck Mrs. Biscuit (she really hates that) will be tired of me lounging around the house in the next month or two.

1ill_Biscuit said:
Don't ya love those raccoons, though? Them suckers could steal a MRE out of a safe in the armsroom!

LOL....an Army buddy of mine used to say "thier is only one thief in the Army...everyone else is just trying to get their **** back!" That's funny right there.

Back