Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > WTF Happened To BTV?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 10-04-2012, 02:57 PM   #51
NervousDad
BFM
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 169 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 187

I dunno, I still like it. Any information that I can I will take it especially if it is free

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 10-04-2012, 02:59 PM   #52
kh54s10
Recipes 

Liked 595 Times on 503 Posts
Likes Given: 160

Sorry.

But, Don rocks.

Don, your batch sparging video is the one I went to when progressing to all grain. I hit it up several times while collecting my equipment, a couple of time before my first brew day and a few more during my first few batches.

again - sorry for the off topic but I needed to say my piece.
Old 10-04-2012, 03:00 PM   #53
Hamsterbite
Recipes 

Liked 46 Times on 26 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Don O! Keep up the good work, and keep fighting the good fight.

Dawson and Keeler where are you? Come on out and say hey. Your citizens miss you!

All for brew...

Sometimes the angels punish us by answering our prayers. -Peart

Next Brew: SWMBO's choice. Probably Saison.
Primary: Janet's Brown, Mulled Chamomile Cider/Perry
Secondary: Nada
Bottle Conditioning: Nada
Bottled and Ready: Hop in the Dark, Raison Detre, Hoppy Saison

donosborn Likes This 
Old 10-04-2012, 03:04 PM   #54
DirtyHaus
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 4 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by donosborn View Post
I sound like a pothead? What does that even mean... dude?! I have never heard that before. Not a beer guy? Jeebus you must have not watched many of my vids, which is fine. I'm obviously a beer guy!

Just because someone supports a cause doesn't mean they embrace that cause for themselves. I have a "Vote NO" sign in my yard (supporting the right of gays to marry) but that doesn't make me gay.

I'll tell you what I am, a homebrewer and beer lover who thinks pot and gay marriage should be legal. So there!

cheers,
Don
Don, I vote YOU to be the next co-host of BTV. Yes you can!!!!!

I've been following you on youtube for a year and a half, Great stuff!! You also inspired me to switch to No-Sparge brewing, I've have nothing but fantastic results with my take on your technique. I'm also a big supporter of marijuana law reform. As a matter of fact i'm gonna pack my bong and smoke one once i'm done with this post in your honor! hahahaha
Old 10-04-2012, 03:46 PM   #55
donosborn
Recipes 

Liked 19 Times on 4 Posts

I figured I should go read the rest of this thread. It's cool someone noticed fewer BTV shows.

If you get NB's catalogs or emails, you will probably have noticed a change over the last several months. (I do not work for them). It's no coincidence that Keeler and Dawson (and others) have left.

Brewing TV doesn't have the driving motivation behind it (from a company stand point) that it once did. However, as Chip says it will still exist in some form or other. I'm sure he will be bringing in guest hosts.

And however NB continues to change, they still have great products and service. And, the Grand Ave store is only about 1 mile from my house.

Old 10-04-2012, 03:58 PM   #56
NervousDad
BFM
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 169 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 187

Northern brewer has not been the same for a while used to be my got o store, now I drive the hour to my LHBS.

Old 10-04-2012, 05:54 PM   #57
aygov
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 106 Times on 83 Posts
Likes Given: 284

Quote:
Originally Posted by donosborn View Post
Brewing TV doesn't have the driving motivation behind it (from a company stand point) that it once did. However, as Chip says it will still exist in some form or other. I'm sure he will be bringing in guest hosts.
That's a little disconcerting to hear. I know from experience it's hard to work on a project if you're getting little to no drive from the organization behind it. It's even harder to do it if you have to fight with the organization to keep it going. I sincerely hope the latter case is not on the horizon for BTV...

Old 10-04-2012, 06:13 PM   #58
tom_gamer
Recipes 

Liked 33 Times on 27 Posts

I think it is foolish for NB to not support brewing tv. It is a great form of advertisement. I didn't mind that they showed off the gear that they sell. I have shopped at NB because I wanted to support the show. I am also not the only one. It's just like Bobby from NJ and his website. I haven't yet, but I'm planning on buying some of his stuff because he made awesome videos about his product and I believe he knows what he is talking about.

Old 10-04-2012, 06:33 PM   #59
Chefencore
Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Aren't there any smokin hot brew chicks who wanna show of their 'talents' on the web? Chip! Help us out!! The world needs more brew chicks!! (No offense to any of the talented and capable women brewers)

"What do you use to weigh down your hop spider?"

"Hops..."

Old 10-04-2012, 08:02 PM   #60
sneeron
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 3 Posts

OK so I've been a BTV fan for about a year. Found it on my Roku and watched a back log of shows in 3 weeks the waited on new material. I looked forward to the new episodes and when I heard about the show possibly ending I was pi$$ed. That said I did enjoy the last two episodes ( your man on the cider show Chip couldn't have been more uncomfortable on camera).Some of the guys in my club made 2nd round of NHC and took pictures of the brew crew at the NB table.
Chip will you have another NHC episode? That "club night" song still sticks in my head!
Cheers!!! Kevin

Cheers Kevin!!!
If bacon is an option,I put bacon on it.

Quick Reply