Happy HolidaySs Giveaway - Winners Re-Re-Re-Re-Drawn - 24 hours to Claim!

Get your HBT Growlers, Shirts and Membership before the Rush!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > WTF Happened To BTV?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-07-2012, 08:38 PM   #131
BitSlinger84
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Likes Given: 5

Quote:
Originally Posted by NervousDad View Post
Northern brewer has not been the same for a while used to be my got o store, now I drive the hour to my LHBS.
Yeah I agree. Rising prices. No more brew saver shipping. And now no more Dawson and Keeler.

Edit: I still support BTV though. And NB from time to time. Keep it coming Chip!

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-08-2012, 06:45 PM   #132
section8
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 3 Posts
Likes Given: 5

Something tells me BTV is def taking a hiatus. I've seen too many NorthernbrewerTV posts on youtube instead of brewingtv videos. Oh well I do enjoy their guest lecturer series of videos.

Old 11-09-2012, 04:37 AM   #133
tonyc318
Recipes 

Liked 34 Times on 27 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by section8
Something tells me BTV is def taking a hiatus. I've seen too many NorthernbrewerTV posts on youtube instead of brewingtv videos. Oh well I do enjoy their guest lecturer series of videos.
There's been a few recent episodes. They're maybe a week off schedule right now. During the summer they took a break for sure.

Old 11-09-2012, 04:40 PM   #134
Cranny04
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 18 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Chip! I can't wait any longer for hop madness 2012....

I want to know what you guys made, and the clip of BA eating spent hops at the end of the hop union episode has my attention.

Thanks for BTV and the videos on NB's YouTube page, Keep up the good work.

My Blog: Bros Beer

Old 11-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #135
zach1288
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I really want to see the new episode!

Old 11-10-2012, 02:24 PM   #136
mirogster
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts
Likes Given: 8

Chip! What's going on? Is BTV really gone ?
And most important, does anyone got all the episodes 'outside' interwebs (backup)? Just in case, for future hb generations...ya know.

Old 11-10-2012, 03:25 PM   #137
NordeastBrewer77
NBA Playa
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1078 Times on 785 Posts
Likes Given: 3977

Quote:
Originally Posted by mirogster View Post
Chip! What's going on? Is BTV really gone ?
And most important, does anyone got all the episodes 'outside' interwebs (backup)? Just in case, for future hb generations...ya know.
Read the thread, BTV isn't gone......

Quote:
Originally Posted by texabamasota View Post
Chip here from Brewing TV. We have a new episode that will post on Friday, Sept. 7, 2012 about making Cider... and one following that about making Graf in which HBT Forums are actually given some shout-outs by a Nothern Brewer co-worker featured in the episode. There are other episodes in the hopper as well. It is true that we had to focus on making DVDs to accompany the Small Batch Starter Kits and new BIAB gear/recipe kits... as well as create the new Northern Brewer Video Library (www.northernbrewer.com/homebrew-video-library, which includes product videos, tips and full-length presentation from NHC and our Minneapolis store classroom. Thanks for your patience and support!
Quote:
Thanks for the support.

Chip
Quote:
I am the real Chip. BTV.com is back up. Just a hiccup. Thanks for the support for real. I didn't mean to come off like a whiny pants there. I know things are different w/o Jake and Mike, but teams change quarterbacks all the time and rise to the occasion. It's ALL for Brew, not Two for Brew. I think there are plenty of great stories and brew sessions ahead. Just a different way of thinking about presenting them. I or Northern Brewer can't control Mike and Jake's decisions. I can only look ahead. Hoping to tap the huge pool of talented brewers at Northern Brewer and pick their brains about brewing for the most part. That being said - I do love camera work and editing most, but will never shy away from an opportunity to get my ugly mug on the interwebz when possible.
Quote:
BrewingTV.com is still live. That's where any Recipes and Short Pours are generally found as well. Episode only at NorthernBrewer.com/BrewingTV.
YouTube, Vimeo and blip/iTunes. Got BTV out there everywhere!
Quote:
I specifically set enough footage aside for the two videos to be different... as explained in the set up of the BTV episode. The Northern Brewer Homebrew Video Library videos is much more in-depth about Palmer's process of all-grain brewing. This BTV episode is more about how this particular recipe came to be and what things he considered when putting it together. There is maybe about a minute and a half of overlap.
Quote:
Don Osborn and I live about four blocks from each other in St. Paul. He is a St. Paul Northern Brewer customer/fan from the WWWWWAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYY back. He was one of my biggest influences (via YouTube and his website) when I first starting brewing in Austin, TX years ago... and continues to inspire me today. DonO Posse for Life! (Chip @ BTV)
Quote:
This is pretty much the plan. Homebrewing is certainly bigger than any one of us. NB has a lot of awesome brewers in the ranks, I'm turning to them a lot. Plus, Don and Bryon Adams are certainly fun guys to brew with. Actually, BA makes an appearance in the upcoming BTV 71 "Hop Madness 2012" (posts online Nov. 2nd). Prepare yourself!
Quote:
Here is the newest episode.... I was pretty rad to be surrounded by MILLIONS of pounds of whole leaf and pellet hops!
http://brewingtv.com/episodes/2012/1...hop-union.html
We all are still friends for sure. No reason not to be.
Chip is still doing episodes with Don Osborn, BA, they even did one with Palmer not long ago. Episodes aren't releasing at the weekly/bi weekly rate that they were when Dawson and Keeler were there, and the show definitely took a hiatus this past summer. There hasn't been a episode since last month's Hop Union episode, but according to Chip and DonO (read the whole thread), they're still making BTVs.

Brewin' 'n' Que'n - YouTube Shenanigans

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeoitsmatt View Post
can i drink this? I mean. Im gunna. But is it fine?
Quote:
it's not a barley wine. it's an ale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Have you seen the price of ketchup lately? And I'm not talking Heinz.

Old 11-10-2012, 03:51 PM   #138
mirogster
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Just relax, ok? I'm their big fan too. I actually read the whole thread, and found that Chip was saying something about Nov. 2nd, as a release of ep 71. And DonO is not doing BTV, he was guest there. The same as Chip and Dawson in his last vid.

Old 11-10-2012, 04:11 PM   #139
NordeastBrewer77
NBA Playa
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 7 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 1078 Times on 785 Posts
Likes Given: 3977

Didn't realize that I wasn't relaxed, guess I should pay more attention..... the newest episode was s'posed to come out last week, but like the last few, it seems that they're a bit slow getting it out. Like I said, from the looks of this thread, Chip will continue doing episodes with guests like DonO, BA and others but so far they haven't been releasing on a regular basis.

Brewin' 'n' Que'n - YouTube Shenanigans

Quote:
can i drink this? I mean. Im gunna. But is it fine?
Quote:
it's not a barley wine. it's an ale.
Quote:
Originally Posted by bottlebomber View Post
Have you seen the price of ketchup lately? And I'm not talking Heinz.

Old 11-10-2012, 05:14 PM   #140
mirogster
Recipes 

Liked 8 Times on 6 Posts

Which is, obvious pity Really. I dunno what happened (since some time imho). But it seems that for NB, project called BTV is no longer attractive 'channel' for acquiring new customers. And probably that conclusion came from the accounting dept. More and more NB is becoming a corporation focused ONLY on incomes

Despite of Chips hard work, of course - we still love your Blaaam !!

Quick Reply

Newest Threads

LATEST SPONSOR DEALS