Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > To Wii or not to Wii, that is the question
View Poll Results: To Wii or Not to Wii
Yes 58 78.38%
No 16 21.62%
Voters: 74. You may not vote on this poll

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 11-22-2008, 02:07 PM   #1
schneemann
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Default To Wii or not to Wii, that is the question

The family is contemplating buying a Wii, but I'm not sure.

Arguments Against:
1) I'm not into games. I was obsessed with my Atari 2600 when I was a kid, but around the time Nintendo came out, I got interested in other stuff. I played some Nintendo and Sega but I just plain SUCKED, so that helped eliminate all interest.
2) My wife is the same way
3) Wiis are damn expensive. The original game console isn't too bad, but all the extra controllers and other **** you have to buy really adds up, bigtime
4) My kids are 5 and 3. I don't see a lot of educational games out there for the Wii

Arguments For:
1) I'd like to find ways to keep the kids away from the TV. I think we do a good job of this already but, when the kids are bored I think of a Wii as a better alternative to TV
2) Similar to above, it can be a good way to get people moving. I would def. be buying the Wii Fit
3) This is something the family can do together.

Drinkin - Bombsight Oatmeal Stout, 57 Minute IPA

Zazzle Crap | BombSight Brewery at CafePress | Brewstand Build | Schmidling MaltMill Review

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBHoss View Post
I, Hoss, hereby profess that Master shneemann holds all the answers and is right, even when wrong, and that I humble myself before his vastly superior intellect. :mug:

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 11-22-2008, 02:19 PM   #2
ChshreCat
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 461 Times on 367 Posts
Likes Given: 17

We got a Wii for our daughter and we love it. Even my wife who has NEVER been into video games has taken a few turns and asked for a Wii Fit for her birthday. It lets the kids play video games and still gets their butts off the couch. When we break out the Wii sports disc, it doesn't take long before we're all sweaty and worn out.

Granted, some of the games are more active than others. My daughter plays some on there that use the controllers in a more traditional style.

"Science + beer = good!"
-Adam Savage

Old 11-22-2008, 03:47 PM   #3
talleymonster

Recipes 

Liked 16 Times on 7 Posts

Let's get Wiitarded in here......

Go for it. We have one and love it. We just had a party for UFC 91 and after the fight we played boxing, tennis, baseball and rock band all night long. My 17 month old daughter will play the drums. On an easy enough setting she can make it aboiut half way through a song before she fails. Granted she doesn't know what she's doing, but she's having fun.

Really, you can break a sweat on some of those games. I know when w're doing boxing we're always panting by the end of the fight.

Old 11-22-2008, 03:51 PM   #4
arturo7
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 145 Times on 114 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Go outside and play.

Hey, knock that shvt off. We're drinkin' here.

Old 11-22-2008, 03:53 PM   #5
farmbrewernw
Recipes 

Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts

Get them to help you brew

I'm working as a pro now, but that doesn't mean I'm not still homebrewing. I'm going to see if I can homebrew at work as a way to develop new recipes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zymurgrafi
wow, tha more I drink, tha more cohernet you all are!
and stufffff.

Old 11-22-2008, 04:04 PM   #6
ChshreCat
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 461 Times on 367 Posts
Likes Given: 17

Combine the two and create a Wii Brewing game.

"It's boiling over! Hit up, up, down, up, select, B! UP, UP DOWN, UP, SELECT, B!!!"

"Science + beer = good!"
-Adam Savage

Old 11-22-2008, 04:21 PM   #7
Dr_Deathweed

Recipes 

Liked 26 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 3

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChshreCat View Post
Combine the two and create a Wii Brewing game.

"It's boiling over! Hit up, up, down, up, select, B! UP, UP DOWN, UP, SELECT, B!!!"
oooooooo, I have leveled up to EAC! I can now equip the hop bag of awesomeness with +10 hop extraction and anti-foam abilities!

I like it

EDIT: Oh, to contribute, get the Wii. Even my wife who usually hates playing video games will get up and play Rayman. BTW Rayman and rayman 2 are freakin awesome just stupid get-together type games.

"Never ascribe to malice that which can be adequately explained by incompetence." - Napoleon Bonaparte
“An intelligent man is sometimes forced to be drunk to spend time with his fools.” - Ernest Hemingway

Fermentation CabinetAdding Faucets to a TowerDIY HopbackPortable Kegerator

Last edited by Dr_Deathweed; 11-22-2008 at 04:23 PM. Reason: Decided to contribute to the thread

Old 11-22-2008, 05:43 PM   #8
bad coffee
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 422 Times on 419 Posts
Likes Given: 47

Try to find a game stop by you. The Ex bought her wii from there.

All used 'accessories' were buy three get one free. You might be able to find a used console as well.

B

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zuljin View Post
Wtf was chasing you for an hour? Buy a gun already.
Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_IPA View Post
I'm a meat hunter. PKU.

Old 11-22-2008, 06:06 PM   #9
Pivzavod
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 4 Posts

if you want true home entertainment you should get a ps3. you can play much better games on it and watch blu rays in full 1080p HD. in addtion to that you can play movies, music from ps3's hard drive or from the network, you can also stream web content to it. its all in 1 home entertainment unit.

at my job we had a corporate wii olympics, it was fun but cheesy open bar also helped

Primary: 04/29 Pomegranate Nectarine Apfelwein, 05/23 Petite Saison
Secondary:
Kegs drinking: AHS Midnight Wheaten Stout 03/18 - 04/14 - 04/28,
Kegs conditioning: 01/29 - 04/29 Cranberry Apfelwein, 04/29-05/23 Petite Saison
RIP: 11/07-11/28-01/29-05/04-11/17 Flanders Brown Ale

Old 11-22-2008, 07:15 PM   #10
Evan!

Recipes 

Liked 69 Times on 61 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pivzavod View Post
if you want true home entertainment you should get a ps3. you can play much better games on it and watch blu rays in full 1080p HD. in addtion to that you can play movies, music from ps3's hard drive or from the network, you can also stream web content to it. its all in 1 home entertainment unit.

at my job we had a corporate wii olympics, it was fun but cheesy open bar also helped
I've got a Wii and a PS3. I had the PS3 for awhile before I got the wii, and I'll just say this: since we got the Wii, I haven't played anything on the PS3. It's NOT the same. Don't get me wrong, I love the PS3, I have logged many hours on the Orange Box and GTA IV, and the graphics are awesome! I use it all the time as my BD player, too. But there's a huge, huge difference between playing a game with your thumbs and playing a game with your whole body. I've never liked golf games before, but with Tiger Woods 09 on the Wii, you actually swing the remote like a club...and I'm freakin addicted! The graphics aren't as cool, no, but in terms of real-deal fun, it's pretty great. You really can't compare the two consoles, because it's a different concept. That, and, well, there are few things quite as cool as being able to download and play old NES games on my big Aquos for $5.

.planned:
•Scottish 80/- •Sweet Stout •Roggenbier
.primary | bright:
98: Moss Hollow Soured '09 72: Oude Kriek 99: B-Weisse 102: Brett'd BDSA 104: Feat of Strength Helles Bock 105: Merkin Brown
.on tap | kegged:
XX: Moss Hollow Springs Sparkling Water 95: Gott Mit Uns German Pils 91b: Brown Willie's Oaked Abbey Ale 103: Merkin Stout
98: Yorkshire Special 100: Maple Porter 89: Cidre Saison 101: Steffiweizen '09 (#3)

Quick Reply