Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Wife got mad.. did I do the right thing!?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 06-28-2010, 06:36 PM   #21
BeerWars
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts
Likes Given: 1

You did the right thing.

I understand her concern for your health and welfare as a means to provide financially and emotionally for your family. You saw a friend getting the snot beat out of them and you reacted. Getting in fights isn't ideal; but she can't fault you for that. She also can't expect you to stay holed up in your home forever for fear of what the boogie man may bring.

You owe your wife 2 nights out (so she doesn't resent you for being the only one that gets to go out) and a massage. She is FAR more stressed out than you are.

Waking up every 3 hours was terrible - I feel for you two. Do you have a bedtime routine for your baby? Once we started this routine his bedtime became more normal and he slept longer and longer. Every night around 9pm we give our little guy a bath, put him in a sleeper, fed him, wait for him to doze off and put him in his crib. He is 3 months old and slept for 7.5 hours last night. Also do you have a feeding schedule? We never feed before 3 hours since the last feeding and we are shooting for 4 hours between feedings.

I know it may be a little late but if the waking up is colic related get Mylicon and Gripe Water ASAP. We had a colicky baby. Mylicon breaks up the gas bubbles making them easier to pass - and Gripe Water calms the stomach and eases gas (this stuff is amazing). The first time we gave our son Gripe Water he was wailing at the top of his lungs - within 20 seconds of administering he was sleeping.

Best of luck with everything! I can only imagine how stressful your life is right now.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 06-28-2010, 09:03 PM   #22
bh10
Recipes 

Liked 12 Times on 12 Posts

My wife would have been pissed to...... that I got my ass kicked, and Im serious.

Old 06-28-2010, 09:18 PM   #23
Boerderij_Kabouter

Recipes 

Liked 118 Times on 102 Posts
Likes Given: 11

Its all been said.

Shame on you for being in the situation, but you have to have you friends back in a confrontation (especially as serious as it sounds).

Old 06-29-2010, 12:42 AM   #24
Zul'jin
Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 8 Posts

Quote:
Wife got mad.. did I do the right thing!?
Obviusly, yes.

Now whats this you got beat up on? How he eben got up? Oh you tacklr him. THIS AINT FOOSBALL! What the bvar you go to serve beer in plastic botles?

OK step one
break bottle
step two
push n twist
step 3
win

Drunking: All kinds of stuff.

Old 06-29-2010, 01:03 AM   #25
Memorex88
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Um... OK, err WHAT?

Old 06-29-2010, 01:51 AM   #26
TheManes
Recipes 

You did what you had to do, you got your friend out of a bad situation, but you never turn your back on an aggressor. Never.
Good job getting your friends back.

Old 06-30-2010, 06:45 AM   #27
wulfsburg
Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by curtis97322 View Post
This is true. However, this also means that friends should reconsider being in public with friends that fight.

The wife isn't mad at you for helping your friend once you discovered his situation. She's mad at you for being in public with the type of person who found that type of situation.
I have made many friends over the years... years ago I made friends with some obnoxious loud party animals who find themselves in confrontations due to drinking and partying in public. They are all tough guys and drink too much. They let their emotions get the best of them after consuming too much alcohol.
I am not married, but I am attached, and I have no kids. But I find that 5 years after we first started hanging that I have mellowed out . . . while I love to hang with these guys at house gatherings, I do not like going out in public with them because they are trouble makers.

I can understand where your wife is coming from. She should be sympathetic to the situation to a certain extent. But then again... your buddy probably pissed of the wrong guy and derserved what he got.
But you did the right thing. SWMBO will be upset no matter what (IMO)

Old 06-30-2010, 07:24 AM   #28
shamrockdoc
Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zul'jin View Post
Obviusly, yes.

Now whats this you got beat up on? How he eben got up? Oh you tacklr him. THIS AINT FOOSBALL! What the bvar you go to serve beer in plastic botles?

OK step one
break bottle
step two
push n twist
step 3
win
What ?....I don't even........What??

Dude you did the right thing. She'll come around. Oh and don't buy her **** this is a all to common event that I for one will be boycotting .....unless I buy a 1962 C-10 Chevy stepside RatRod on eBay without telling SWMBO ....manohman the 9th of July is gonna be interesting
KEGGED: MK Ultra Cascadian Dark Ale, 10 & Everett Wit

If you're in trouble, if no one else can help, and if you can find them....Then maybe you can hire.... THE A TEAM!

Quote:
Originally Posted by AZ_IPA View Post
I certainly hope they won't give me a hand job to see if I have a bomb tied to my junk .

Old 06-30-2010, 07:49 PM   #29
malkore

Recipes 

Liked 32 Times on 30 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Sorry, I can't answer. I never got into the 'go get wasted at the bar' scene, because stuff like this happens.

My wife would probably be a little peeved at me, because I'm not a fighter.

That said, I would be hard pressed not to assist a friend in need, regardless of WTF happened.

Old 07-01-2010, 02:21 PM   #30
bonzombiekitty
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by shamrockdoc View Post
What ?....I don't even........What??
I think I can translate:

Quote:
Obviusly, yes.
Obviously, yes you did the right thing

Quote:
How did you manage to get beaten up? How did he manage to get up? Oh, you tackled him. That was foolish, this isn't football. Does the bar you go to serve plastic bottles or something?

Quote:
OK step one
break bottle
step two
push n twist
step 3
win
The way to do it is to break a glass bottle and stab him with it.

Quick Reply