*Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway - Enter Now!*

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Why I will always change my own oil from now on

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 07-03-2009, 10:10 PM   #31
Saccharomyces
Be good to your yeast...
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 80 Times on 52 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Last time I didn't do it myself the lunkheads cross threaded the plug and stripped the threads. $6 for an oversized plug, and I'll do it myself from now on, thanks. And that was at a dealer shop!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Soperbrew
big brother only monitors facebook and untappd

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 07-04-2009, 01:18 AM   #32
jmendez29
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 140 Times on 85 Posts
Likes Given: 45

I bought my car over 6 years ago and have put synthetic in it ever since. At some point, I figured out that it cost me X amount of dollars to change it myself, for less than 10 more, I can have my mechanic do it - and he checks over the car, tops off the coolant and wiper fluid, and rotates the tires. Where this has helped me is that I know when things are coming due for maintenance and I can start putting money to the side for the expensive stuff. For example, when my timing belt started looking bad, he told me I had an easy 10k miles before I really had to worry. Three months later I had the 350 he was asking to do it, well less than the miles he recommended. But I believe I'm lucky that I have a good mechanic who is honest and will always take the time to talk to his customers.

Old 07-06-2009, 03:24 PM   #33
zman
Feedback Score: 2 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 15 Times on 15 Posts
Likes Given: 15

Quote:
Originally Posted by jmendez29 View Post
I bought my car over 6 years ago and have put synthetic in it ever since. At some point, I figured out that it cost me X amount of dollars to change it myself, for less than 10 more, I can have my mechanic do it - and he checks over the car, tops off the coolant and wiper fluid, and rotates the tires. Where this has helped me is that I know when things are coming due for maintenance and I can start putting money to the side for the expensive stuff. For example, when my timing belt started looking bad, he told me I had an easy 10k miles before I really had to worry. Three months later I had the 350 he was asking to do it, well less than the miles he recommended. But I believe I'm lucky that I have a good mechanic who is honest and will always take the time to talk to his customers.
My mechanic is the same way. He will tall you how long you can go before you absolutely have to replace something.

Quick Reply