Why I Like Home Brew Town

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Gotta make a move to a town that's right for me
Town to keep me movin'
Keep me brewin' with some energy
Well, I talk about it, talk about it
Talk about it, talk about it
Talk about, talk about
Talk about brewin'
Gotta brew on
Gotta brew on
Gotta brew on
Won't you take me to
Home Brew Town
Won't you take me to
Home Brew Town...

giphy.gif

Summer - it's now just a memory. Mornings walking in the sand, sunrise burnished in your mind, balmy wind tossing her hair, your barefoot prints left far behind. And you thought it would last...

Gardens are abandoned - any tomatoes not harvested are drying on the vine, and the Home Brew Town citizens won't care until the spring, when they'll till and replant, repeating a cycle that their grandparent's grandparents went through, like a circle in a spiral like a wheel within a wheel.

Home Brew Town prepares for the winter festivals. Beer tastes different in the cold weather - why is that? Little ones are aware there are school breaks coming. Turkey is imminent, then the incredible time of Christmas. The ritual is old, but it feels good nonetheless...

Home Brew Town is a top that keeps on spinning.

i was going to post this in "what are you listening to now" but thought it'd be better here....

lol

that was only a month ago? damn, i drink too much....

Home Brew Town is so much than the real world....in the real world people are submissive, and in Home Brew Town, people talk smack about InBev! :D

I saw a hurricane approach. It wrecked things.

The hurricane blew away some of the large structures that I could see in the distance. I returned to my anthill. Anthills are small - my family lives there. Hurricanes don't bother anthills.

Home Brew Town survives the hurricane that is 2020.

Pandemic schmandemic - Homebrewtown perseveres.

Fall temperatures are creeping in on cat's feet - you'll notice it in the morning when Fido gets his first visit to the back yard and the coffee is just starting to perc. We denizens of the sudsy society start thinking about octoberfest beer, sports played in the snow, and how fun it is to grill in cold weather. For those Homebrewtowners with a fireplace, it's time to clean out the ashes from last season and get some logs stacked for the upcoming Yule.

We relax, we don't worry, we drink homebrew.

1632525963233.png

Last edited:
for some reason that picture made me think of back to the future 3...?
HBT remembers those who are not with us any longer.

Home Brew Town is a real place. It is not just an online site. Those reading this know it. We are a family.

Home Brew Town approaches the leaf-falls, the cooling weather. It's a time for remembrance as we prepare to receive family into our homes for the holidays.

There was a hardware store in Jefferson, La that sold guns. And a gas station in Boutte. Yeah HBT would have some gun stores. How about when Western Auto sold guns?

We'd all have lawns of grain in HBT too.
I am an old guy here AND a gun manufacturer - And occasionally a candidate for at least ASSISTANT village idiot.

Armed with the brewing and fermentation sorcery I've learned in Home Brew Town, I've embarked on the next journey as a hobby distiller.

For the past 3 years I've shared my hobby hooch with a very small group of brewing friends, up until yesterday, that is. Last night I came out of the closet to my wife's family with a pint jar of holiday hooch I've been working on. Honeycrisp apple brandy aged on charred American oak and cinnamon sticks. Meant for spiking mulled wine or cider, it's 85% ABV. A few read that as 85 proof and tried sipping it neat. I had amply warned them not to do that, so was able to enjoy watching their agony and gasps of "WHOAH!" and "IT'S GOOD BUT UUUGH"

The rest of us had it in hot cider, but they all had a great time and enjoyed it. A few of them asked if I had more at home, I said I have a stockpile of different things; apple butter brandy, peach jam brandy, lingonberry and blueberry brandy, spiced rum, a rough whiskey, a couple of gins, and an absinthe. Next Christmas should be a blast.

I am an old guy here AND a gun manufacturer - And occasionally a candidate for at least ASSISTANT village idiot.

Just saw this. What do you manufacture?

Yesterday, I heard full-auto fire outside my window. It was wonderful. I guarantee you, the folks in the areas where crime-prone people concentrate know my neighborhood and are terrified of it. They would have to survive two trips past my neighbors, on a private road, to get in and out unharmed.

Sometimes when my friends and I shoot rifles in the yard, a neighbor will get inspired and start popping off rounds. I never know which neighbor. I just know I have a second layer of defense, between the local cops and me.

Latest posts

Back