Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Who are you?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 01-26-2007, 04:35 PM   #101
Fish
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

I hate to stir things up but remember what a tiny little bacteria can do to a 5 gallon environment. 6 billion people with huge ecological footprints can do quite a bit of damage too.

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 01-26-2007, 04:41 PM   #102
Cheesefood
Recipes 

Liked 27 Times on 18 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish
I hate to stir things up but remember what a tiny little bacteria can do to a 5 gallon environment. 6 billion people with huge ecological footprints can do quite a bit of damage too.
Same thing that 100 billion+ yeast cells can do to 12 feet of large intestine.
Past Winners: Caramel Cream Ale #1, Hoegaarden Clone, Boom-Boom Vanilla Ale, Lazy Monk Abbey Style, Amarillo Cream Ale. (AG),

Buy a shirt now!!! Please! Did I help you? Buya shirt!
Cool Shirts.

Old 01-26-2007, 05:22 PM   #103
Erbium:YAG

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

1. How old are you? 38

2. Marital status Married 5 years was married before for 7 years

3. Do you have kids? Daughter - will be 5 in a couple of weeks

4. Where do you live? Brick, NJ - New Jersey Shore

5. What is your occupation? Medical Laser Systems Engineer - specific title is Product Line Engineering Manager

6. Do you smoke? Absolutely not! People die of smoke inhalation, why would I ever want to fill my lungs with it voluntarily?!

7. What way do you "lean" politically?I'm definitely conservative when it comes to foreign policy. I'm middle of the road on many domestic issues. I can't stand anyone who is radical left or radical right on any issue.

8. Are you religious? I was brought up Roman Catholic and I believe in the virtues of organized religion. I just don't like it when someone starts preaching that their way is the only way. The only person in life you have any control of is yourself. Be a good person, keep yourself in line and others will follow.

9. What do you drive? 2002 Dodge Dakota - I can't live without a truck.

10. What would you consider your personality? (outgoing, shy, bubbly, etc.)I'm not an absolute extrovert who's ready to make an ass of himself regardless of the consequences; but I'm definitely not an introvert. Once I establish a comfort level, I speak up.

11. Do you believe in global warming? I believe that mankind can have an impact on the environment; but I also believe in the Earth's natural cycles. I think the recent surge of global warming hysteria is only because of the upcoming 2008 election. Watch and see how much the hysteria dies out after the election.

12. Tell us something about yourself that we'd never guess. When I was in the Marine Corps, I was part of the Yankee White Presidential Security Program. I provided security for President Reagan and George H. Bush.

Old 01-26-2007, 05:31 PM   #104
Hopfan
Nice Beaver....
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by erbiumyag

4. Where do you live? Brick, NJ - New Jersey Shore
Hey Bricktown, I grew up in Toms River. We still go there to visit my mom and the in-laws.

Zip ties are the duct tape of the 21st century

Bad Dog Brewing
Sit...Stay

Old 01-26-2007, 05:34 PM   #105

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopfan
Hey Bricktown, I grew up in Toms River. We still go there to visit my mom and the in-laws.
My mother-in-law lives there...Holiday City. You always know when you're in the area because the roads are swarming with old people. My wife and brother-in-law grew up there too...Sands Point Dr.

Old 01-26-2007, 05:37 PM   #106
Fiery Sword

Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayrton
1)Obama in '08.
!!!!!!!!

Old 01-26-2007, 05:55 PM   #107
Hopfan
Nice Beaver....

Recipes 

1. How old are you? 44 next month
2. Marital status Married over 20 years.
3. Do you have kids? 2 amazing boys, 10 & 6
4. Where do you live? About an hour west of Philly
5. What is your occupation? Currently a struggling entrepeneur. I was once an electrical engineer and later an Operations Manager for a large Printing & Publishing service company.
6. Do you smoke? Not cigarettes. I enjoy good cigars also.
7. What way do you "lean" politically? Registered Democrat, but I support anyone that makes sense and does the right thing. Can't stand zealots.
8. Are you religious? I'm a recovering Catholic. But I am a very spiritual person.
9. What do you drive? '91 Honda Accord w/220,000 miles, a 2000 Durango and a 1999 TREK 2000. Working on a '67 Firebird for my oldest.
10. What would you consider your personality? (outgoing, shy, bubbly, etc.) Painfully shy. Grew up that way and still am, though most people don't believe it. I over-compensate by being pushy & annoying most times so nobody ever buys the shy thing. Though, once I know you, I am the best loyal friend you'll ever have.
11. Do you believe in global warming? I do believe that we have an impact on the world, but I also believe that the earth has its' own natural cycles. We are definitely making things worse, but we'll never stop it.
12. Tell us something about yourself that we'd never guess. Wow...I met Richard Nixon on Guam in 1968, I majored in Music Education, then realized I would be a poor teacher so went into computers/lasers, I was once tested and had an IQ of 148, I also have ADD. One of the reasons I left the corporate world was to spend more time with my wife & kids as my wife was recently diagnosed with MS, My wife and I have had threesomes with other women and it was her idea, My wife and I went to high school together, but we hated each other for years.

Bad Dog Brewing
Sit...Stay

Old 01-26-2007, 05:57 PM   #108
Lil' Sparky
Cowboys EAC

Recipes 

Liked 49 Times on 32 Posts

1. How old are you? 32
2. Marital status - married, 11 years
3. Do you have kids? daughter (8), son (5)
4. Where do you live? College Station, Tx
5. What is your occupation? Air Force Officer
6. Do you smoke? no
7. What way do you "lean" politically? generally conservative
8. Are you religious? yes
9. What do you drive? Passat TDI, Expedition, & a Kawasaki ZX-11
10. What would you consider your personality? I'm everyone's friend, but sometimes too brutally honest ;-)
11. Do you believe in global warming? to a "degree"
12. Tell us something about yourself that we'd never guess. I'm a computer geek but I hate computers

Old 01-26-2007, 05:58 PM   #109
Hopfan
Nice Beaver....

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by erbiumyag
My mother-in-law lives there...Holiday City. You always know when you're in the area because the roads are swarming with old people. My wife and brother-in-law grew up there too...Sands Point Dr.
Gotta love the blue-hairs! I know Sands Point well. I grew up just the other side of 37 from there.

Bad Dog Brewing
Sit...Stay

Old 01-26-2007, 06:04 PM   #110

Recipes 

Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hopfan
My wife and I have had threesomes with other women and it was her idea,