Kegconnection Complete Starter Kit and More Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Who is the second best QB in the NFL?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2007, 08:12 PM   #31
TheJadedDog
AFK ATM
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

I can't say that Manning is the best QB due to the trouble he has when he is missing his top weapons. The same can be said for Tom Brady. It is almost impossible to evaluate QBs (or any other football position) in a vacuum since it only works when everyone is doing what they are supposed to. Unlike baseball where a pitcher can control the game, a football team requires everyone to perform in order for the play to succeed.

Put Brady or Manning on the Dolphins, chances are their stats will fall way off.

That said, right now, this season, Brady has the best stats, that makes him the best QB. You wanna talk about best QB career right now, it is Favre hands down.

On Tap: Nadda
Primary: Nadda
Planning: Extra Special Bitter

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2007, 08:20 PM   #32
olllllo
[]-O-[]

Recipes 

Liked 123 Times on 104 Posts
Likes Given: 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neomich
No, but someone randomly walking by won't know anything else besides the bikini girl on my computer screen. With my luck, it would be someone who counts.

I don't mind people posting that stuff but a heads up before opening the thread would be appreciated.
You just need to turn off pictures in your user control panel. No 2 ways about it.
Ginger Beer for Moscow Mules Bacon Vodka
Twitter

Old 12-07-2007, 08:30 PM   #33
Bernie Brewer
Grouchy Old Fart

Recipes 

Liked 109 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Short Drive
I remember as a kid thinking that Bart Starr was the best quarterback in the NFL. But then I grew up and was able to think past the end of my nose. I realized that Johnny Unitas was the best quarterback in football. Bart Starr was the best quarterback on the best team in football. Tom Brady is the best quarterback on the best team in football. When you grew up and see past the end of your nose you'll see that. Peyton Manning I think is the best quarterback in football. Brady might be second, maybe third. Only looking back through time will we know for sure. Enjoy the Patriots. They are having a hell of a season.

+1. IMHO, Brady hasn't shown me that he is #1-yet. I'm reserving judgement till I see what he does when his supporting cast is less than stellar. He's very good, no doubt, but he has always had the benefit of Super-Bowl caliber talent around him. I'd like to see what he does with lesser talent around him. The same could be said about Manning.

"Why don't we get drunk and screw?" Jimmy Buffett

Old 12-07-2007, 08:35 PM   #34
Soulive

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neomich
No, but someone randomly walking by won't know anything else besides the bikini girl on my computer screen. With my luck, it would be someone who counts.

I don't mind people posting that stuff but a heads up before opening the thread would be appreciated.
What if they walked by and saw pictures of beer? I might be liberal with the photos, but IMO bikinis are just as conspicuous as alcohol when it comes to work policies. Thank God I don't have to worry about that...

===================
Green Lane Brewing
===================

Primary = Evan!'s Special Bitter
On Deck = EdWort's Porter / American Amber

EdWort's Haus Pale Ale Count

Old 12-07-2007, 08:39 PM   #35
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd

Recipes 

Liked 355 Times on 293 Posts
Likes Given: 95

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bernie Brewer
+1. IMHO, Brady hasn't shown me that he is #1-yet. I'm reserving judgement till I see what he does when his supporting cast is less than stellar. He's very good, no doubt, but he has always had the benefit of Super-Bowl caliber talent around him. I'd like to see what he does with lesser talent around him. The same could be said about Manning.
What about last year? 24 TDs, 12 picks, throwing the ball to Reche Caldwell, Troy Brown (love him, but he's about 85 years old), Doug Gabriel, and Jabar Gaffney.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

That'll do, Pigley. That'll do.

Old 12-07-2007, 08:52 PM   #36
RICLARK

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

Other than Randy Moss Brady has never had the talent around him that compares to Reggie Wayne,Marvin Harrison,Edgrin james,or Dallas. He had Deion Branch and Troy Brown but they were not even close to being as good as what peyton has.

Old 12-07-2007, 08:58 PM   #37
BuffaloSabresBrewer

Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 4 Posts

Brady gets the credit for his O lines work. He would not be the QB he is now with out the team he has around him. People like to think you take take this "god" and put him on any team and he will operate flawlessly. No a ****ing chance. I do wish my team had the record the Pats do but Im so dam sick of hearing people talk about how much they want to suck Tom Brady off. Yes he is a great quarterback but he is not the best. If he is still taking his team tot he playoffs in 10 years then we might talk. But we wont be.

Just because

Single male seeks double-jointed supermodel who owns a brewery and grows her own pot. Access to free concert tickets a plus!

Old 12-07-2007, 08:59 PM   #38
DesertBrew
You're not my type

Recipes 

Liked 76 Times on 72 Posts
Likes Given: 146

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird
I would have agreed with you last season.

Brady, this year, has been so accurate with his throws (not so much last week), it's absolutely insane. Not just catchable balls - balls exactly where the receiver needs them. Deep stuff, short stuff, quick stuff. Having great receivers helps, having the great O-line helps more; but other than Manning, I've never seen a QB be that accurate, and Brady's been better this season.
I second your sentiment here. He is not being a Culpepper to Moss QB. He is being unbelievable in his running the show this year.

Last edited by DesertBrew; 12-07-2007 at 09:03 PM.

Old 12-07-2007, 09:38 PM   #39
Bernie Brewer
Grouchy Old Fart

Recipes 

Liked 109 Times on 50 Posts
Likes Given: 2

Quote:
Originally Posted by the_bird
What about last year? 24 TDs, 12 picks, throwing the ball to Reche Caldwell, Troy Brown (love him, but he's about 85 years old), Doug Gabriel, and Jabar Gaffney.

Yeah with an awesome running game, a top-five defense to back him up on the other side of the ball, and an O-line that gave him enough time to write out his Christmas cards before each throw.. Come on. I didn't just mean his receiving corps. I want to see what see can do with mediocre surroundings. I'd like to see the same with Manning, too but in each case it'll prolly never happen.

"Why don't we get drunk and screw?" Jimmy Buffett

Old 12-07-2007, 09:43 PM   #40
paulthenurse
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Location: Down by the rivah, Down by the banks of the Rivah Chahles.
Liked 183 Times on 164 Posts
Likes Given: 27

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobrewtus
This may be news to the Greater New England Tom Brady Nut Tugger Club, but it's not news to anyone who follows the NFL as a whole.

Uh, excuse me. It's the Greater New England Tom Brady Ball Washer Club.

PTN

Alcohol!
Because no-one ever started a great story with, "I was just finishing a lovely salad when..."

Follow my Wood Fired Oven Build Thread here

Quick Reply