Spike Brewing 12.5 Conical Fermenter Giveaway - Enter Now!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Who is the second best QB in the NFL?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2007, 07:20 PM   #21
Soulive
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by srm775
I thought he was gay?
If being gay means marrying / having sex with a Playboy Playmate, call me Christopher Lowell...

===================
Green Lane Brewing
===================

Primary = Evan!'s Special Bitter
On Deck = EdWort's Porter / American Amber

EdWort's Haus Pale Ale Count

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2007, 07:24 PM   #22
RICLARK

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 9 Posts

Tom Brady is Hands Down the Best QB in the league and has been for the last 4 years in my opinion. 2nd is Carson Palmer

Old 12-07-2007, 07:24 PM   #23
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 368 Times on 304 Posts
Likes Given: 97

Quote:
Originally Posted by Short Drive
I remember as a kid thinking that Bart Starr was the best quarterback in the NFL. But then I grew up and was able to think past the end of my nose. I realized that Johnny Unitas was the best quarterback in football. Bart Starr was the best quarterback on the best team in football. Tom Brady is the best quarterback on the best team in football. When you grew up and see past the end of your nose you'll see that. Peyton Manning I think is the best quarterback in football. Brady might be second, maybe third. Only looking back through time will we know for sure. Enjoy the Patriots. They are having a hell of a season.
I would have agreed with you last season.

Brady, this year, has been so accurate with his throws (not so much last week), it's absolutely insane. Not just catchable balls - balls exactly where the receiver needs them. Deep stuff, short stuff, quick stuff. Having great receivers helps, having the great O-line helps more; but other than Manning, I've never seen a QB be that accurate, and Brady's been better this season.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

That'll do, Pigley. That'll do.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:32 PM   #24
rdwj

Recipes 

Liked 18 Times on 13 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by ohiobrewtus
#1 - Peyton Manning (Career season averages - 4,069 yds, 29.8 td, 15.2 int, 64% comp, 7.7 Yards/Attempt, 7 pro bowls, 1 SB championship, 1 SB MVP)

#2 - Brett Favre (Career season averages - 3,762 yds, 27.25 td, 17.69 int, 61.4% comp, 7.0 Y/A, 8 pro bowls, 1 SB championship)

#3 - Tom Brady (Career season averages - 3,608 yds, 26.8 td, 11.86 int, 62.9% comp, 7.2 Y/A, 3 pro bowls, 3 SB championships, 2 SB MVP's)
Exactly right. Clearly, Manning is the best in the league. Nobody else is even close.

Do you think the Brady could lead this Packer team to the playoffs? I don't think so. Do you think the Pats are in the same position with Favre? Probably.

Brady is an excellent QB, but much of his success is due to the system and the players around him.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:35 PM   #25
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 368 Times on 304 Posts
Likes Given: 97

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwj
Exactly right. Clearly, Manning is the best in the league. Nobody else is even close.

Do you think the Brady could lead this Packer team to the playoffs? I don't think so. Do you think the Pats are in the same position with Favre? Probably.

Brady is an excellent QB, but much of his success is due to the system and the players around him.
That is so wrong, I'm just going to walk away from this discussion.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

That'll do, Pigley. That'll do.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:35 PM   #26
JnJ
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts

1 Peyton Manning

2 Farve

3 Brady

This is best QB, not best team (pats have that locked up).

Palmer? hahahaha good one. He is good, but not in the same league as the top 3.

Töpperwein Brewery

Old 12-07-2007, 07:38 PM   #27
ohiobrewtus

Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdwj

I agree for the most part. I give Brady a bit more credit than you do, but those with Patriots blinders on see only what they want to see. There's no convincing them otherwise.

Old 12-07-2007, 07:41 PM   #28
Neomich
Recipes 

If you're not number one, does it really matter? Who wants to be the first loser?

BTW, could someone please remove the picture of the bikini girl? That's NSFW for a lot of people and I almost got caught.

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."

-Frank Zappa

Old 12-07-2007, 07:47 PM   #29
ohiobrewtus

Recipes 

Liked 37 Times on 35 Posts
Likes Given: 4

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neomich
If you're not number one, does it really matter? Who wants to be the first loser?

BTW, could someone please remove the picture of the bikini girl? That's NSFW for a lot of people and I almost got caught.
Where do you work, in a convent?

Old 12-07-2007, 07:52 PM   #30
Neomich
Recipes 

No, but someone randomly walking by won't know anything else besides the bikini girl on my computer screen. With my luck, it would be someone who counts.

I don't mind people posting that stuff but a heads up before opening the thread would be appreciated.

"You can't be a real country unless you have a beer and an airline - it helps if you have some kind of a football team, or some nuclear weapons, but at the very least you need a beer."

-Frank Zappa

Quick Reply