Ss Brewing Technologies Giveaway!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > General Chit Chat > Who is the second best QB in the NFL?

LinkBack Thread Tools
Old 12-07-2007, 01:35 PM   #1
paulthenurse
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Location: Down by the rivah, Down by the banks of the Rivah Chahles.
Liked 240 Times on 205 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Default Who is the second best QB in the NFL?

Well there can be no reasonable arguement that anyone is better this year than the obvious number 1, Tom Brady. (Please, don't embarass yourself whining about Cameragate and how the Pats ALMOST lost a few games.)

You are witnessing the best team of all time here. Just like everyone hated the Cowboys, and everyone hated the Roman Empire; everyone hates the boot that kicks it. Deep down in your hearts you all wish your team was doing what the Pats are doing now. You might not want to admit it, but you know it.

I gotta tell ya, having witnessed the Pats playing in Harvard Stadium when the wooden benches caught on fire; been a kid at opening night at the old Schaefer Stadium on Opening Night when not only weren't there lights in the bathrooms, there weren't toilets in the bathrooms; been stuck in the parking 'meadow' on the first time there was a Monday Night Football game in Foxboro until noon on Tuesday; witness some arsewipes pull down the goalpost after the Pats won a game, carry said goalposts down Rt 1, and get those goalposts stuck in the high tension wires over the highway and end up crisp fried. Did I mention Aluminum benches when it's 5*F; or Pat Sullivan getting dope slapped on the sidelines by Howie Long (Still his ONLY redeaming feature). Mark Henderson on work release from Walpole Prison 5 miles down the road on his snowplow. Hugh Millen? Dick McPhearson? Tony F'ing Eason? Roughing the freakin' passer on Stabler? Refrigerator F'ing Perry?

Ok, Paul take a deep breath!

I tell my kids this crap and they don't believe me. Hell, if I didn't live thru it I wouldn't believe it. You couldn't make a movie about this. No-one would believe it. This team was once the absolute laughing stock of the entire league. They would have needed to improve to suck. Now that they own every other team in the league it's tough to believe that stuff actually happened. But it did and they do.

So anyways, my question is, who's number 2? Romo? Rothlessberger? Manning? (It goes without saying I mean Manning #1)

OK, I'm done screaming "Theatre' in a crowded fire. Discuss amoung yourselves.

Paulthenurse

Want to win the coolest trophy in Homebrewing? Come to Masstoberfest. September 27, 2014

Follow my Wood Fired Oven Build Thread here

Reply With Quote Quick reply to this message
Old 12-07-2007, 01:47 PM   #2
jzal8

Recipes 

I'm gonna say Brady is the second best QB in the league. Product of outstanding coaching, has the best receiver in the game, and of course is a fantastic quarterback.

Old 12-07-2007, 01:51 PM   #3
ryser2k
Recipes 

Liked 3 Times on 2 Posts

I'm going to say Rothlisberger, but I think that's only because Peyton has been missing Marvin Harrison...

Old 12-07-2007, 02:04 PM   #4
paulthenurse
HBT_SUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Location: Down by the rivah, Down by the banks of the Rivah Chahles.
Liked 240 Times on 205 Posts
Likes Given: 37

Quote:
Originally Posted by jzal8
I'm gonna say Brady is the second best QB in the league. Product of outstanding coaching, has the best receiver in the game, and of course is a fantastic quarterback.
OK Giants guy, who are you saying is number 1? Manning the Much Younger? That's laughable.

Theatre!!!! Theatre!!!!! Theatre!!!!!!!!!!! I lied, I'm drunk.

Want to win the coolest trophy in Homebrewing? Come to Masstoberfest. September 27, 2014

Follow my Wood Fired Oven Build Thread here

Last edited by paulthenurse; 12-07-2007 at 02:07 PM.

Old 12-07-2007, 02:18 PM   #5
PseudoChef

Recipes 

Liked 102 Times on 75 Posts
Likes Given: 39

Just for the sake of stating it, a QB is only as good as his OL. I think those guys should get all the credit, especially when they give TB 5 years to figure out who to throw to.

Old 12-07-2007, 02:21 PM   #6
DesertBrew
You're not my type
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 78 Times on 73 Posts
Likes Given: 152

I'd pick Favre, doing more with less...

Old 12-07-2007, 02:25 PM   #7
Soulive

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

1) Brady
2) Manning (the Elder)
3) Favre
4) Romo
5) Roethlisberger

===================
Green Lane Brewing
===================

Primary = Evan!'s Special Bitter
On Deck = EdWort's Porter / American Amber

EdWort's Haus Pale Ale Count

Old 12-07-2007, 02:28 PM   #8
jzal8

Recipes 

Quote:
Originally Posted by paulthenurse
OK Giants guy, who are you saying is number 1? Manning the Much Younger? That's laughable.

Theatre!!!! Theatre!!!!! Theatre!!!!!!!!!!! I lied, I'm drunk.

Haha, no I will admit, we got the unfortunate manning. But I am a firm believe that Payton is the best at the quarterback position. Don't get me wrong, Brady is having an unbelievable season/career and is an excellent quarterback. I'd take him over 30 other quarterbacks in this league.

I just believe that if Brady was on the a lesser team, playing for a lesser organization it would really show. (Being that one cannot deny the excellent job the patriots front office and coaching staff have done over the past 7 years to get to where they are).

I do feel however that Payton could thrive on any number of bad teams. Sure the Colts have done a pretty good job, but at the same time it seems like we never come into a season saying look at how much better the team around Payton has gotten. We usually end up looking at how their offense progresses into a better team over the course of a regular season and I think offensively that progression has everything to do with Payton's leadership and tactical savy.

Hey second ain't bad.

Old 12-07-2007, 02:34 PM   #9
the_bird
10th-Level Beer Nerd
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png

Recipes 

Liked 371 Times on 306 Posts
Likes Given: 97

Semi-

Not that he's one of the four or five best in the league, but the guy who has NEVER gotten enough credit/respect in the league is Jeff Garcia. Hell, he's sixth in the league in QB rating this year, FWIW. Since he was pushed out of San Fran, they've sucked. He played better for Philly than McNabb did last year, and did anybody expect Tampa Bay to have the third-best record in the NFC this year (OK, tied for third).

I've convinced that Garcia doesn't get the respect he deserves as a player because he's little and a bit effeminate. He's always been a pretty damn good player, there were many, many guys in the league who were starting last year who weren't half the player he is.

"I'm kind of toasted. But I looked at my watch and it's only 6:30 so I can't stop drinking yet." - Yooper's Bob
"Brown eye finally recovered after the abuse it endured in Ptown last weekend, but it took almost a full week." - Paulie
"no, he just doesn't speak 'stupid'. i, however, am fluent...." - motobrewer
"... I'll go both ways." - Melana

That'll do, Pigley. That'll do.

Old 12-07-2007, 02:38 PM   #10
Soulive

Recipes 

Liked 7 Times on 7 Posts

Kudos to Jeff Garcia for his quite attractive SMWBO...

===================
Green Lane Brewing
===================

Primary = Evan!'s Special Bitter
On Deck = EdWort's Porter / American Amber

EdWort's Haus Pale Ale Count

Quick Reply